Topic: Monolopy!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Who wants to play?

I won't be a player, i'll do the dice rolling and take care of the money. I'll use a random number generator to roll a dice, then i'll work out what square you land on etc

Also, New Zealand or English version?

Posted: December 03, 2012, 03:51:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Original.
I will be the car.
Let's roll.

Reply #1 Posted: December 03, 2012, 05:46:10 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
monolopy?

I'll be Dog=goD

Reply #2 Posted: December 03, 2012, 07:36:11 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
hat.

Reply #3 Posted: December 03, 2012, 08:26:24 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Ok, game starts tomorrow. I'll will rolls the dice to see who starts first.

Reply #4 Posted: December 03, 2012, 08:53:06 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
FU Deanox.

Ship.

NZ version.

Reply #5 Posted: December 03, 2012, 09:20:43 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I think I'll sit this one out. Monopoly and Risk are two games I hate with a passion.

Ghettopoly however...

Reply #6 Posted: December 03, 2012, 10:47:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Code: [Select]
Player Cash StartRoll
Pyro Car $1,500 9
Deanox Dog $1,500 5
Super Hat $1,500 11 9
Xeno Ship $1,500 11 11

Super and Xeno both rolled 11, they rolled again and Xeno gets to start.

Tiwaking goes to jail, and stays there the rest of the game.
Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:02:26 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #7 Posted: December 04, 2012, 08:52:40 am

Here is the game board.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_licensed_and_localized_editions_of_Monopoly:_Oceania#New_Zealand

Xeno rolls 6
Lands on 'East Street' (or 'The Angel Islington' if you are a Brit)

Would you like to buy for $100?
Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:01:27 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #8 Posted: December 04, 2012, 08:58:14 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Yes!

Reply #9 Posted: December 04, 2012, 09:55:25 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Xeno owns cheapo East Street.
He's living there in a cardboard box.
He has $1400

Pyro's turn
Rolls 8
Lands on 'Stafford Street'

$100

Reply #10 Posted: December 04, 2012, 10:01:34 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Is Palmerston st the whole of Palmerston North, heads up if I roll a 1 I don't want it!

Reply #11 Posted: December 04, 2012, 02:10:21 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1510683

This game needs an "Auto Buy" option!

Reply #12 Posted: December 04, 2012, 03:17:59 pm

Yes agreed, let me know if you want me to autobuy for you.

Reply #13 Posted: December 04, 2012, 03:26:31 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Auto-buy for the next turn (roll is a 'double', auto-buy each vacant property I land on).

Reply #14 Posted: December 04, 2012, 03:31:01 pm

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1510673
I think I'll sit this one out. Monopoly and Risk are two games I hate with a passion.

The whole game of Monolopy can pretty much be played without user intervention. There's little reason not to buy a street wheen landing on it. The only real gameplay comes later in the game when a player has to decided when/where to build houses. It can make for long and boring games.

Risk however, I like, there is a lot more decision making involved.

Reply #15 Posted: December 05, 2012, 12:10:01 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1510811
The whole game of Monolopy can pretty much be played without user intervention. There's little reason not to buy a street wheen landing on it. The only real gameplay comes later in the game when a player has to decided when/where to build houses. It can make for long and boring games.

I am tempted to write a Java based version of Monopoly, but instead of using a Street Map/Street Names: Use Thread Names ('Street Names') and Thread Posts('Houses/Hotels')

Instead of a Jail we could have 'The Cooler'. Instead of money we could use Reputation.

Instead of taxes we could use infractions which eat your Reputation.
One of the Chance cards could be Necromancy. One of the Community Chest cards could be Necromancy too!

It is pretty much how the forum system works at the moment.

Reply #16 Posted: December 05, 2012, 05:58:48 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1510686
Pyro's turn
Rolls 8
Lands on 'Stafford Street'

$100

Yes!

Reply #17 Posted: December 05, 2012, 08:36:33 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1510811

You should try Axis and Allies it's Risk with more awesome.

Reply #18 Posted: December 05, 2012, 11:23:44 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1510877
You should try Axis and Allies it's Risk with more awesome.

Samurai Swords which is more or less Shogun: Total War in a board game.
Dune (original), the Book Series as a board game.
A Game of Thrones (original), the Book Series as a board game - minus the sex.
The Hobbit: The Adventures of Bilbo in Middle Earth - 1978 edition

Reply #19 Posted: December 06, 2012, 12:11:38 am

Deanox lands on chance.

Chance Card:
All players go directly to jail, for the rest of the game.

Sorry, the game outlived my interest in it. Anyone is welcome to take over.

Reply #20 Posted: December 07, 2012, 01:52:03 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
What we need is a multiplayer online boardgame that we can set a time for and all play each other.

Not that I'll be there, I'll be doing something useful.

Reply #21 Posted: December 07, 2012, 03:05:30 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
I think I won.

Reply #22 Posted: December 07, 2012, 03:51:03 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1511011
Deanox lands on chance.

Chance Card:

Sorry, the game outlived my interest in it. Anyone is welcome to take over.

Quote from: BerG;1511020
What we need is a multiplayer online boardgame that we can set a time for and all play each other.

Not that I'll be there, I'll be doing something useful.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1510827
I am tempted to write a Java based version of Monopoly, but instead of using a Street Map/Street Names: Use Thread Names ('Street Names') and Thread Posts('Houses/Hotels')

In an Applet on a Website?

Reply #23 Posted: December 07, 2012, 04:41:54 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
I play scrabble sometimes online...I play it by closing down as much of the board as possible with 2 letter words or other bad positioning to annoy the ladder players ;p
Scrabble pking..

Axis and allies is an awesome board game..used to play it around 20 years ago at a wargaming roleplaying games club in Nelson o_O

Anyone every play a battletech or startrek campaign board game?  Awesome and complex.
Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:50:55 pm by smegmacheese

Reply #24 Posted: December 07, 2012, 07:46:56 pm