Topic: DayZ General Chat

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/robert-bowlings-human-element-announced

E
x - cod strategist Robert Bowling has come up with the innovative idea of a zombie game, where the biggest problem, isn't the zombies, its the human interaction. One of the game ideas is "You spend hours racking up experience, Then you get shot. You now need food, and to do things you don't want to do".

It's not even released yet and already had a part in my gaming magazine, Wonder when DayZ will be shown? Will they wait for Arma 3? or wat.

Will be interesting to see the competition.
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:18:39 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #250 Posted: June 18, 2012, 07:15:43 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline ropata

• I Posted!
  • ropata has no influence.
Just crawled around on my belly for an hour then finally found a double barrel shotgun. Feeling chuffed that I had set myself up for my night of gaming after tea, i logged off. I log back in and find myself somewhere random with completely random gear and no gun. Fuck this.

Reply #251 Posted: June 18, 2012, 07:16:12 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
Quote from: ropata;1490497
Just crawled around on my belly for an hour then finally found a double barrel shotgun. Feeling chuffed that I had set myself up for my night of gaming after tea, i logged off. I log back in and find myself somewhere random with completely random gear and no gun. Fuck this.

youre playing an 'alpha' mod. badluck

Reply #252 Posted: June 18, 2012, 08:06:29 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: ropata;1490497

Try having full camo with alice pack and hot ass assault rifles, only to respawn in the middle of the ocean.

There be bugs yo.

Reply #253 Posted: June 18, 2012, 09:02:21 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Obble

Quote from: swindle;1490508
Try having full camo with alice pack and hot ass assault rifles, only to respawn in the middle of the ocean.

There be bugs yo.

Welcome to my life for the last few days.

I know its alpha, but cant be fucked playing with that bug.

Reply #254 Posted: June 18, 2012, 09:04:47 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
that bug apparently is due to the ghillie suit. and it should be fixed if you are playing the arma beta patch

Reply #255 Posted: June 18, 2012, 10:08:27 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Walked for 20 minutes yesterday, Finally hit a town. Then I suddenly flashed back to the barn that was where I logged on.

baww.

Reply #256 Posted: June 18, 2012, 10:37:12 pm

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
This loot drop thing is bugged, after updating to 1.7.1.1 and getting passed the character create boss I straight away found a cammo suit, tent, knife, compass, watch, and ghillie suit but then after two hours roaming (crawling mainly) towns found only empty whisk(e)y bottles and empty cans.

I couldn't find a single animal in any field so now i'm starving and in need of blood as the zeds still have great vision and will chase you down endlessly even across fields from town to town.

Osiris, when you do find me, I still have a cammo suit, watch, knife, compass, and ammo for you - but I need beans!!!

Reply #257 Posted: June 19, 2012, 09:24:48 am
- badfox

Offline Si1ent_Assassin

• I Posted!
  • Si1ent_Assassin has no influence.
Melee weapons inc!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15045

Hopefully they actually work
Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:51:46 am by Si1ent_Assassin

Reply #258 Posted: June 19, 2012, 09:42:24 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

WELL that explains why I am hungry as ****, having to chase down chickens and rabbits cause no pigs cows or goats spawn is just too much

Good to see increased animals, tbh though, should be more chickens around towns esp. farms.

Reply #259 Posted: June 19, 2012, 10:11:57 am
- badfox

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
So keen to crowbar a few infected, sons of bitches.

Reply #260 Posted: June 19, 2012, 10:52:27 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
I don't think I will bother with melee for at least a few releases, you know it'll be frustration highway til it's ironed out.

Reply #261 Posted: June 19, 2012, 11:19:37 am
- badfox

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Some people won't have a choice, at least you find axe's all over the place. It'll be handy for silently killing animals at the very least.

Reply #262 Posted: June 19, 2012, 11:30:04 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
Oh...did not think about the animal killing...now THAT I will try out for some night time stealth feeding

I am assuming it's the standard hatchet and that you scroll select, the comment about right click dropping from gear I am assuming means to actually drop it and not attack, if you have to enter gear to attack that would be frustrating...especially if not 1 hit slaughter.

IMO, the abbatoir building should contain animals.

Reply #263 Posted: June 19, 2012, 11:37:27 am
- badfox

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
If my original theory is correct, and that they are going to use a phantom 1m throw/splash damage attack to trick the engine into making a melee attack then it will be an option cycled by pressing F. I guess time will tell.

Reply #264 Posted: June 19, 2012, 11:50:09 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Si1ent_Assassin

• I Posted!
  • Si1ent_Assassin has no influence.

Well at least it looks like it works.

Gogo update.

Reply #265 Posted: June 19, 2012, 03:08:44 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Updating yolo

Reply #266 Posted: June 19, 2012, 03:19:44 pm

Offline Emrico1

Hatchet has all manner of bugs. Come play with it while it's still so loltastic.

BTW, it takes your main gun slot atm and uses the same amount of inventory slots if stored! WIP.

Reply #267 Posted: June 19, 2012, 04:09:36 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Well I caved and bought Arma and installed the mod. This game is punishing? No gun to start with adds a whole lot to the learning curve. I found that I am very selective about when I pull the trigger if I do find a weapon though, which I really like.

Struggling to make much headway TBH. Keep dying of thirst :( Finding it so hard to get a foothold.

Reply #268 Posted: June 19, 2012, 04:48:03 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1490620
Well I caved and bought Arma and installed the mod. This game is punishing? No gun to start with adds a whole lot to the learning curve. I found that I am very selective about when I pull the trigger if I do find a weapon though, which I really like.

Struggling to make much headway TBH. Keep dying of thirst :( Finding it so hard to get a foothold.

Hang in there dude, rocket is experimenting with all sorts at this point in the Alpha.

If you want an easy run, roll back to 1.601 (if you can find a server) and get the hang of it like the rest of us.
I think they are still available here http://www.shacknews.com/file/31794/arma-2-combined-operations-dayz-alpha-1601

Reply #269 Posted: June 19, 2012, 04:56:08 pm

Offline Emrico1

Axe murdering dayz lols

Reply #270 Posted: June 19, 2012, 10:14:41 pm

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
Thats it!!!

When I saw him eating out the sheep at the end, I knew I had to get this game..........downloading now.

Thanks Emrico. :very_drunk:

Reply #271 Posted: June 20, 2012, 07:33:17 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted

a
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  hahahaha

Reply #272 Posted: June 20, 2012, 10:20:39 pm

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
man it's REALLY annoying know that hatchets don't sit in the lower inventory any more but they sure do own zeds

Tonights story was sweet, I got nailed by a zed after I didn't realise crouch running is really loud now, he broke my bones but I got him before I passed out; come to, bandage and eat all 4 meats and have 7k life, but with no pain killers and morphine (after pack glitch lost all ammo and meds) I had to crawl everywhere...but, osiris kindly left a bike before he died and I managed to cycle around and find a goat (cycling into goats kills them), so cooked some goat straight away in open field and health at 10k now so cycle around looking for deer huts, first one has morphine and pain killers!!! Cycled somewhere safe and clocked out. Cycles are sweet.

Reply #273 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:03:27 am
- badfox

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
Yeah came across a push bike on NZ 8. Rode it all the way north to just beneath the NW airfield before logging off. I only have a double barrel, but I'm set as far as food goes.

Reply #274 Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:35:56 am