Topic: DayZ General Chat

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Quote from: EuphoricBliss;1505620
Your trophy shall be the title "Retard" which will be shared with the loser as you were caught arguing on the internet. Congratulations.

I think it's obvious why Wolfpack are the only guys who aren't being put off by the hackers and are still content with DayZ.

We haven't played Chernarus in over a month. LOL

Reply #1000 Posted: October 14, 2012, 05:23:28 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1505621
Been playing Ape's Lingor server... No hackers?
I migrated the DB to Bliss over the weekend and setup a second instance which i haven't made public and is just a proof of concept and testing. Still need to re-implement death messages and side chat, can do this on the 2nd instance without altering the public one.

The reason there are fk all hackers atm is because battleye detects the two common fagtools. There are still private bypasses but these are detectable theoretically, I just need to write the parser and all shall be revealed. Getting a bit sick of parsing things though, just finished a parser that highlights all the dodgy cunts on the server based upon history. Mass ban coming soon.

Thinking I might setup Panthera Island PVP server (starting gear: NVG, RF, M240, DMR, CoyoteBP) limited to 30 players just to see what happens. Will alter the spawn tables and put in some gear, remove others (no thermal). Might be fun

Reply #1001 Posted: October 15, 2012, 09:56:10 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Dam, that does sound like fun tbh.

Reply #1002 Posted: October 15, 2012, 10:23:29 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
It will reduce the impact that hackers have on the game too, you won't be so worried about them if you spawn with a full kit, and them being able to spawn in gear will be irrelevant. I will probably put rmod on and having some different vehicles spawn. Might make it so vehicles reset to full health every map restart. Probably will need to reset location and inventory as well.

Reply #1003 Posted: October 15, 2012, 10:59:11 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline H00KD

• I Posted!
  • H00KD has no influence.
good server management dirtyape, looking forward to your next server specially with the new map any hints about its eta?
Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:09:04 pm by H00KD

Reply #1004 Posted: October 15, 2012, 03:06:46 pm

Offline bad-std

• I Posted!
  • bad-std has no influence.
how about esp hacks?  supposed to be ones that dont use scripts, can u detect those?

Reply #1005 Posted: October 15, 2012, 04:17:43 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
ape - im planning on making an GetSome private dayz.

if you have any tips or anything you want to share id be grateful.

Ill start on it tommorow

Reply #1006 Posted: October 15, 2012, 04:33:59 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Standalone screen shots http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Reply #1007 Posted: October 16, 2012, 10:16:14 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: DarkVirus;1505713
ape - im planning on making an GetSome private dayz.

if you have any tips or anything you want to share id be grateful.

Ill start on it tommorow
Use Bliss. Not sure about anti-rocket. Tungle is a community. DayZ Control Centre might appeal to you, it privides a front end for Blizzard which is a fork of Bliss, it is n00b friendly and has an installer which sets up the mysql and apache mostly proconfigured. But I would recommend you don't use these as it is better to understand what is actually going on and how everything works, in which case be prepared to spend many hours learning. Server performance is directly proportional to cpu power. Sort out your affinities, I use a script. Watch your logs, especially kicks for script restrictions. Use the community banlist.

It'd be easier if you asked me questions rather than me provide you with random information.

Reply #1008 Posted: October 16, 2012, 10:57:02 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: bad-std;1505704
how about esp hacks?  supposed to be ones that dont use scripts, can u detect those?
Hackers can, by exploiting the game engine, download files from the game server's file system providing they know what the path is. This is very bad. This is normally used to download the servers config in order to get the rcon password and is the reason why admins obfuscate the name of the config so that hackers can't find it. Hackers can also do this to other players, and download files. Lets just say it works both ways, files can be downloaded from the hackers too, in theory ;-)

Reply #1009 Posted: October 16, 2012, 11:07:42 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Yeah for sure. those tips already help.

Im following this guide to get my head around things for now..

My plan is to use a dedicated apache/mysql that the forums use.

The server im setting up now is just a training exercise so im bound to mess it up and have some weird lagg or w/e.

Can you add me to steam/msn? link below.

Reply #1010 Posted: October 16, 2012, 11:08:08 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Should I get DayZ? I've been wanting to play it for ages but my pc was down. Now it is up and running, it seems like i've missed the boat a bit wit the influx of hackers. Am I wasting $40 to get arma 2? Should I wait for the standalone game or check out this WarZ game?

Reply #1011 Posted: October 16, 2012, 12:04:36 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Play WarInc before considering WarZ.

The stand alone DayZ is just around the corner, I'd hold off now if I was you and maybe get borderlands2 or roll back into Bf3 instead.

Reply #1012 Posted: October 16, 2012, 01:00:36 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I'm sucking ass at the moment in Bf3. Am looking over towards xcom at the moment. I've got so many damn games to catch up on. So little time and money.

Reply #1013 Posted: October 16, 2012, 01:29:19 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Xcom is good, its a lot like chess with guns. But it wont be long until DayZ is here.

Reply #1014 Posted: October 16, 2012, 06:20:42 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Has the release date for dayz  been set?

Just replayed the original xcom. Awesome nostalgia.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:21:26 pm by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #1015 Posted: October 21, 2012, 04:18:56 pm

Offline Emrico1

From what I read, They have promised to drop something before the end of the year. Judging by the progress, I'd say it will be right at the end of 2012.

Reply #1016 Posted: October 22, 2012, 08:38:12 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Rico my friend, you just made my loins quiver.

Reply #1017 Posted: October 22, 2012, 01:14:05 pm

Obble

Quote from: Emrico1;1506267
From what I read, They have promised to drop something before the end of the year. Judging by the progress, I'd say it will be right at the end of 2012.

Best new years eve ever incoming.

Reply #1018 Posted: October 22, 2012, 01:24:33 pm

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
I heard Wolf Pack are a bunch of puppies.

:victorious: oga will have to come take all your loot

Reply #1019 Posted: October 22, 2012, 10:26:55 pm

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
  • Warcrimes has no influence.
Quote from: hoodieblanket;1506333

i smell fear

Reply #1020 Posted: October 22, 2012, 11:15:07 pm
Kookynic - "facebook, it\'s a Pokédex for people"

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: hoodieblanket;1506333

Feel free.

Reply #1021 Posted: October 22, 2012, 11:37:39 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
has any more been said about the DAYZ standalone?

Reply #1022 Posted: October 23, 2012, 09:27:26 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1506267

Quote from: Growler;1506349
has any more been said about the DAYZ standalone?

I like this Growler bloke, he doesn't read threads.

Reply #1023 Posted: October 23, 2012, 10:53:32 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
thanks spork, your mum says hi btw, sorry she couldn't make your lunch ;)

Reply #1024 Posted: October 23, 2012, 02:21:19 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!