Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Maybe leftovers from Nov that they wanted to get rid of? Seems a weird time to have a fireworks display though.

Reply #2225 Posted: May 30, 2013, 07:38:23 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Postal2;1526109
On the 24th of May up here in Auckland we had a show put on by Bad Boy Fireworks
not sure why but it looked cool

Tips on taking photos of fireworks? I always suck at it.

Reply #2226 Posted: May 30, 2013, 09:02:01 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2227 Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:01:25 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1526126
Tips on taking photos of fireworks? I always suck at it.
Im no expert, well not yet maybe after this online course Im doing with 'The Photography Institute'
but I took most of those images on Sports mode so that the camera would take care of the most of the settings and I can enjoy the show.
Use a tripod with the focus on manul but if your playing with the exposure time don't try to take a to longer exposure as it just looks a mess, most of mine are around 1sec
and the key to a good fireworks shot is timing, watch it shot up into the air and start your image just before or as it goes BOOM
I also use a remote so that Im not shaking the camera.

Reply #2228 Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:42:07 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
Nice shots Lindsay, that is a cool spot up there
that last image is it all natural light or have you lit up the pole?
and what ISO was it taken on?
thanks

Reply #2229 Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:47:46 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
Nice shots Lindsay, that is a cool spot up there
that last image is it all natural light or have you lit up the pole?
and what ISO was it taken on?
thanks

Reply #2230 Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:48:33 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Cheers mate :D
yeah lite the antenna up with a tungsten torch .. there was some spill light from the station and was shot at iso 2000
:)

heres an older one from Piha re edited

M O T I O N by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2231 Posted: May 31, 2013, 01:36:12 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
How wet on a scale of 1 to 10 did you feet get for that shot?

Reply #2232 Posted: May 31, 2013, 02:01:53 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
0 ;) i was standing on another rock with camera on tripod spread out so it was a foot above the water and a remote to trigger the camera ;)

Reply #2233 Posted: May 31, 2013, 03:30:02 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Reply #2234 Posted: June 03, 2013, 11:19:11 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
my fav of the morning

Reply #2235 Posted: June 03, 2013, 12:15:15 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Stunning work

Reply #2236 Posted: June 03, 2013, 01:17:53 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
single shot exposure

click the image ... looks much better lllllllarge

Reply #2237 Posted: June 03, 2013, 09:46:34 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1526308
single shot exposure

click the image ... looks much better lllllllarge

That's incredible dude.

Reply #2238 Posted: June 04, 2013, 02:35:34 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
My home for a month.

Pic taken at Kalabarri, West Australia.

Reply #2239 Posted: June 04, 2013, 08:53:29 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Cheers Winter

looks like a cool as place Z

Reply #2240 Posted: June 04, 2013, 09:36:20 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
A little different from my normal

S I M P L I S T I C by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2241 Posted: June 04, 2013, 11:18:04 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Decided to head up to Craigieburn this morning to watch the sunrise over the mountains.

Tried copying the DMW style for this one, but didn't wait long enough for good colouring here.

Pretty breathtaking up there in the morning, I forget what's in the backyard sometimes (it's only an hour's drive from chch, but never head up there). Going to have to return soon.

Reply #2242 Posted: June 08, 2013, 06:27:18 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Do you shoot in raw?

I like the second one the best. The others there is a little too much range between the darks and lights, which I know is hard without grads.

Reply #2243 Posted: June 08, 2013, 06:55:06 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Quote from: mycoolcar;1526654
Do you shoot in raw?

I like the second one the best. The others there is a little too much range between the darks and lights, which I know is hard without grads.

too true ... there is another way to go about it ... and that is to "layer" exposures ie .. shoot the sky for good exposure .. then shoot the land ect  then layer in Ps  :)

Reply #2244 Posted: June 08, 2013, 10:08:34 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Reply #2245 Posted: June 09, 2013, 06:05:05 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Reply #2246 Posted: June 09, 2013, 06:06:30 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Have you thought about watermarking your work Dead?

Reply #2247 Posted: June 09, 2013, 06:16:17 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
You find some really cool sites.

Reply #2248 Posted: June 09, 2013, 06:40:28 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
exploration ;)

Reply #2249 Posted: June 09, 2013, 08:30:52 pm