Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526583
I tried it for a couple of hours - but TBH if I wanted a game where I could walk around aimlessley for 10-20 minutes without seeing or doing anything - I'd play WOW

1) Press M
2) click on "Redeploy"
3) click on "instant action"

but seriously ps2 is really good.

Reply #325 Posted: June 07, 2013, 03:44:17 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
  • Meat2Potatos has no influence.
Maybe he warped to a low pop continent but yes, join a squad, hit escape, hit redeploy, pick the spawn position or as above, instant action (it is so easy to understand where action is or isn't) and you will find yourself in much more shit than you ever did in BF.

Reply #326 Posted: June 07, 2013, 03:52:08 pm
"You make life hard, you get hard people" - Jan Molenaar

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526583
I tried it for a couple of hours - but TBH if I wanted a game where I could walk around aimlessley for 10-20 minutes without seeing or doing anything - I'd play WOW

Thats more about you not having  a clue how to play the game, its easypeesy to find some action going on once you know your way about, i blame the CODisation of bf :P.
Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:20:08 pm by Cowwie

Reply #327 Posted: June 07, 2013, 05:15:00 pm

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: Meat2Potatos;1526587
Maybe he warped to a low pop continent but yes, join a squad, hit escape, hit redeploy, pick the spawn position or as above, instant action (it is so easy to understand where action is or isn't) and you will find yourself in much more shit than you ever did in BF.

Better yet join a outfit that actually talks to each other, if your in a squad that never says anything over voip you are playing the game wrong.

The game is pretty much bf2 tbh.

Reply #328 Posted: June 07, 2013, 05:18:10 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
How is the Aussie/NZ population for PS2?

Reply #329 Posted: June 07, 2013, 05:57:17 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
There's always something reasonably epic going on somewhere on Indar. At times there are many epic battles across the whole continent.

The alerts (2 hours long) seem to be well received too with a lot of outfits and individuals competing.

Best to pick a reasonable outfit if you want real teamwork in the epic parts although lone wolfing (when you know what you're doing) can be very rewarding.

Most nubs roll with NC when starting ;)

Reply #330 Posted: June 07, 2013, 06:12:01 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Meat2Potatos;1526602
There's always something reasonably epic going on somewhere on Indar. At times there are many epic battles across the whole continent.

The alerts (2 hours long) seem to be well received too with a lot of outfits and individuals competing.

Best to pick a reasonable outfit if you want real teamwork in the epic parts although lone wolfing (when you know what you're doing) can be very rewarding.

Most nubs roll with NC when starting ;)

Naaaah, I'm not in a lame clan outfit thing, all you do is get a mic, and press the home button and it drops you in a random squad who may or may not be doing anything constructive you press M, click on squads, and peruse the squad lists until you find a group who look as though they're doing something constructive, get in, say hi, click instant action and away you go!

Reply #331 Posted: June 07, 2013, 11:04:00 pm

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
There are some outfits that require applications like "clan" but many are just outfits.
In many ways, the "outfit" has killed clans with the "no need to apply to join our elite team".

One thing Soe has done reasonably well imo.

Although I'm in a small outfit of experiences players. We lock the squad down when we are hitting hard and open to all when we are cruising.
You only think you are doing something constructive homie.

Reply #332 Posted: June 08, 2013, 08:51:17 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I am well into the battlefields, but didnt really like ps2. Played it with a bunch of clanners so had teamworks and shit, but found the pace of the game too slow. Plus with huge numbers its impossible to make a huge difference as one player. I often found battles would result in the faction with more players in a certain area winning because of their superior numbers, rather than individual skill, teamwork ability or class selection.

Reply #333 Posted: June 08, 2013, 12:36:08 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: mycoolcar;1526635
I am well into the battlefields, but didnt really like ps2. Played it with a bunch of clanners so had teamworks and shit, but found the pace of the game too slow. Plus with huge numbers its impossible to make a huge difference as one player. I often found battles would result in the faction with more players in a certain area winning because of their superior numbers, rather than individual skill, teamwork ability or class selection.

Maybe you were just rubbish?

Reply #334 Posted: June 08, 2013, 01:57:33 pm

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
Superior numbers is what wins battles. Pick them battles carefully.

Also, smart outfits don't continuously drive place to place. We tend to swap from side to side, back and front and definitely make a difference to the battlefield.
Gal drops, redeploys to contested positions etc. Hack terminals behind enemy lines, mass out heavy tanks etc. and hit from behind. Infinite strats to be used.

Zerging is okay but it's more about mass power. That can be countered easily.

There are 12-29 of us.

Reply #335 Posted: June 08, 2013, 02:55:03 pm

Offline x93355

• Just settled in
  • x93355 has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526449
I didn't play BF42 - I was kinda on a hiatus from gaming and missed 1942, BF2 etc - I only got back into FPS when BC2 came out

BF2 was nearly 4 brilliant years, 2500 hours of my life.  it contributed to the break up of my marriage and I thank it for that as well : )  new misses loves that I love computer games, is even letting me build a full on simpit for DCS products
Glad they are bringing back commander mode, but the ranks and lack of perks in BF2 was a plus if you ask me.
If they have commander, then surely there is in game voip as well
But like you cowwie, I'll buy it when it comes out, reserve judgement and not get too hyped about it...
Now does anyone else like the clip with star wars on frostbite2?

Reply #336 Posted: June 11, 2013, 06:25:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
E3 struck.

By the way, you can bring down skyscrapers....

Reply #337 Posted: June 11, 2013, 10:21:58 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526842
E3 struck.

By the way, you can bring down skyscrapers....

Scripted in Sp only.....

Reply #338 Posted: June 11, 2013, 11:18:08 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Mayhem_Lee;1526847
Scripted in Sp only.....

It was in multiplayer, which doesnt mean to say it's not scripted.

they appear to be calling it levolution

EA says: "Levolution creates a dynamic and emergent battlefield where gamers can use the environment to their advantage like cutting the power to a building to shroud their enemy in darkness or reducing an entire skyscraper to rubble to alter the battlefield. With Levolution, the environment reacts to the player's every move and ensures no two games will ever be the same.

Reply #339 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:30:55 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
wonder if they will let you load a vehicle up with C4 and drive it to the base of a big building and detonate aka twin towers 1993? Might be a little realistic.

Reply #340 Posted: June 12, 2013, 02:50:08 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1526908
wonder if they will let you load a vehicle up with C4 and drive it to the base of a big building and detonate aka twin towers 1993? Might be a little realistic.

Did you watch the video? a single frag grenade can take out a carpark pillar and bring down a whole tank!

Reply #341 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:02:35 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Apparently in-game VOIP is confirmed. And, DICE said no to modding support.. Bastards!

Reply #342 Posted: June 14, 2013, 04:52:24 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1527109
Apparently in-game VOIP is confirmed. And, DICE said no to modding support.. Bastards!

bleh, it's not like anything short of an entire game development company could come up with something half good in any reasonable amount of time these days anyway.

The content creation alone for a AAA game these days must be murder.

Reply #343 Posted: June 14, 2013, 06:13:29 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1526377
That would make sense if they didn't start working on the DLC before the game even comes out.
Charging a significant sum for maps has always pissed me off, I remember when Halo started selling map-packs for like $15 to Xbox players and the PC community was laughing at their stupidity.
At least with Halo 4 when they offered all DLC free they actually delivered, I'm looking at you BF3

Reply #344 Posted: June 14, 2013, 08:16:47 pm