Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Xsannz;1524276
Kept the bike in std mode and gave her one. Or two squirts up to 10k rpm..

But still in break in .. So due for first service now which is just an oil change.

Then next service at 1500 which is a full service and then I can finally ring her neck properly.

Break in period, haha!

You know at the factory, at the end of the production line they start the bike and hold it on the rev limiter for like a minute. If its gunna go it will go then.
I usually give my race bikes to a mate to break in while they are in road trim and I say do around 500kms and I don't want to know how you do it.
I assume he fangs it. :)

Reply #800 Posted: April 29, 2013, 08:10:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Booked in the first service..

I wasn't overly gentle with her the last 300k I. Just didn't red line the crap out of it.

But ill. Feel better after the oil change since its still got 18 months warranty I won't worry about anything because it will be their problem.

I only followed their break in guidlines to keep the warranty intact.

On a side note I flashed my ecu and changed the mapping and ignition tables for a smoother std mode and a more aggressive a mode..

In std mode 4 mates on 07 r1s and a sv1000 and a another stock 09 rw couldt keep up in a 80km start roll on it pulls like a truck now...

In a mode the front comes up in the first 3 gears on heavy accell anywhere from 4k onwards.

Reply #801 Posted: April 29, 2013, 11:17:12 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I have always wanted to post in this thread and say:

"Drove it"

So there.

Reply #802 Posted: April 29, 2013, 02:07:37 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
^ so you got your license back then ?

Reply #803 Posted: April 29, 2013, 03:04:10 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I have never lost my license :P

Actually, much to my other halves disgust, I have never even had a speeding ticket...

Reply #804 Posted: April 29, 2013, 05:16:22 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Took my bike for another test ride today. Still needing a few parts to get it finished such as the side panels and tank cap(yes that is the rag still in there :P)

But, she's running smoothly :D

Reply #805 Posted: May 12, 2013, 05:27:54 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Light the rag, makes it go faster :p

Reply #806 Posted: May 12, 2013, 07:20:07 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Speakman;1525149
Light the rag, makes it go faster :p

It's new nickname shall be 'The Molotov' :D

Reply #807 Posted: May 12, 2013, 07:37:17 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Codex

New clutch in, old clutch wasn't as worn as i'd expect for how much it was slipping, think the housing being completely full of crap may have had something to do with it, flywheel resurfaced, new kit in, all cleaned out, runs awesome again

Reply #808 Posted: May 12, 2013, 09:20:52 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
new front left tyre to pass warrant - and a wheel aligment and balance

Reply #809 Posted: May 13, 2013, 07:57:48 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Checked if snow chains fitted the car, and they do...

Both sides on & off inside 10 mins.

Reply #810 Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:09:22 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
Exhaust finally arrived :D
http://db.tt/EM4uZlGw
Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:10:14 pm by playerB

Reply #811 Posted: May 18, 2013, 10:35:34 pm
sila.

Codex

404 image?

Reply #812 Posted: May 18, 2013, 10:38:28 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Fix da image....

I took the bike in for a full service today...  So should get it back in a few days.

Reply #813 Posted: May 19, 2013, 08:14:16 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Fixed?

Reply #814 Posted: May 19, 2013, 01:11:29 pm
sila.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Use iforce.co.nz

Much better than Dropbox for image hosting...

Reply #815 Posted: May 19, 2013, 04:30:37 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
yeah but cant upload straight from phone to iforce...

Reply #816 Posted: May 19, 2013, 07:06:13 pm
sila.

Codex

Odd, their site works fine for me to upload photos direct from phone to iforce

Reply #817 Posted: May 20, 2013, 10:03:01 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
well would you look at that. a Christmas miracle! It does work on my new phone

Reply #818 Posted: May 20, 2013, 12:13:24 pm
sila.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Now that I have this car, I'm just doing a few cheap tricks to it to spruce it up a little.

It has these nasty white wipers so I took them off yesterday, sanded them back a little and re-painted them with black gloss enamel. The back wiper is white as well but it will need a bit more effort to pull off as it's not easily access like the 2 front ones.

I'd also love to get rid of the 'pod filter' that I think my brother put on it. I don't like the sound pod-filters make.

Does anyone know how much having the springs/suspension replaced, retuned costs? The car is stiff and as solid as Gwyneth Paltrow's ham wallet. I'd like to have it softened up so I don't feel every single dip and bump on the road (the steering can actually take on a mind of its own because of this).

I also think it needs a wheel alignment. According to my brother, it had one before it got the WOF but it can frequently pull hard to the right - not always - but it will never pull to the left.

Reply #819 Posted: May 27, 2013, 09:59:02 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Hmmm wheel alignment...  If it pulls hard it might be that something is bent or they cant adjust it anymore.

Had the same problem in an old Toyota..  Had to have them rework the shock mounts as they couldn't adjust it enough because it was bent slightly.

Tbh look on tardme for suspension..  Better to pick up some stock gear or some newish second hand gear than buy new.

Reply #820 Posted: May 27, 2013, 11:16:21 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Retardobot;1525891
Now that I have this car, I'm just doing a few cheap tricks to it to spruce it up a little.

It has these nasty white wipers so I took them off yesterday, sanded them back a little and re-painted them with black gloss enamel. The back wiper is white as well but it will need a bit more effort to pull off as it's not easily access like the 2 front ones.

I'd also love to get rid of the 'pod filter' that I think my brother put on it. I don't like the sound pod-filters make.

Does anyone know how much having the springs/suspension replaced, retuned costs? The car is stiff and as solid as Gwyneth Paltrow's ham wallet. I'd like to have it softened up so I don't feel every single dip and bump on the road (the steering can actually take on a mind of its own because of this).

I also think it needs a wheel alignment. According to my brother, it had one before it got the WOF but it can frequently pull hard to the right - not always - but it will never pull to the left.

Seems like you are entirely happy with your new purchase!

What do you know about the suspension/ shocks in the car atm? The stiffness of ride could be: Hard or jammed shocks, or lowered/harder springs.

So in other words, whatever is stock, it is likely to be the other. Simple answer would be to buy some second hand struts that have the springs on and swap them for whats in your car now. That way you replace both suspect parts at the same time. Go for stock, simple as that. The good people at Honda/Mazda/Toyota (cant remember what yours is, but you get the picture) probably know best what is to go into the car to give best ride comfort. ( as this is the key parameter for designing 99% of vehicles on the market)

Dealing with the the whole strut eliminates the need to use compressors to remove springs etc. And most people that know what a spanner looks like can drop out a strut and replace it. Google is your friend.

Do a wheel alignment AFTER you replace the struts. These need to oriented perfectly in order to maintain the suspension geometry. Would recommend the alignment as an easy way to narrow down your steering issue anyway. (Tell the mechanic that you experience a pull while driving and would like an assessment) Alternatively jack the car and put it on stands, have someone swing on the right hand wheel while you look for play in any of the rubber bushes or ball joints on the suspension for said wheel. (Also look for anything bent, but bends that cant be seen by the naked eye can still corrupt the geometry) The fact that the issue is intermittent leads me to believe it isnt due to bent parts, but rather a worn joint or bush that is flexing under certain road grades (assuming of course it isnt an alignment issue). Bend generally = problem happens all the time, worn bits can = intermittent to begin with, then all the time.

Disclaimer:

When buying second hand car parts, check them carefully. (you should always buy new but lets face it, the value of the car is going to dictate this). Again, google is your freind for how to check shocks for serviceability.

EDIT: Rip that pod filter out! Studies show that they dont add any power over factory airboxes. The "advantage" is the sound, so if you dont like that there is no advantage. Just make sure you pick up a cheap stock airbox to take its place. Dont just leave an exposed hose.
Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:01:32 pm by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #821 Posted: May 27, 2013, 02:38:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
My brother's an auto electrician and he knows more about the car than I do (it use to belong to his GF). I'll ask him about the shocks. Chances are I wont end up doing anything about them because I'm not really interested in spending money on the car (saving cash). I'm just doing a bunch of small, inexpensive things to it at this stage. I'll be picking up a wax paint stick to fill in the little holes on the hood as well.

I know 0 about cars, so If anything was to be done it would either be looked after by my brother, or I'd have a mechanic handle it.

Reply #822 Posted: May 27, 2013, 03:13:02 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Are those holes for the cold air intake? Wont make a difference if you keep the pod filter, but the stock airbox may need the holes to draw in air. No cold air makes your car a sad panda.

Reply #823 Posted: May 27, 2013, 03:26:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Not holes sorry, just paint chips.

Reply #824 Posted: May 27, 2013, 03:28:26 pm