Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
When I have headphones on:

[Insert random co-worker] "Oh is it ok if I disturb you?"
[Me] *Sigh* "Yes (you already have)"
[Same random co-worker] "Series of questions"

Result: 2 minutes of my time, and about 45 minutes of trying to get back to what I was working on.

This is what emails are for. Unless you are dying, then fuck off. And even then, I probably don't care and you can die in peace.

Don't know about your workplace, but at mine "No I am in the middle of something" is a pretty suitable response.

Reply #1150 Posted: March 21, 2016, 06:55:10 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Don't know about your workplace, but at mine "No I am in the middle of something" is a pretty suitable response.
Due to the nature of programming, most of the time is too late once the questions been asked.

Might as well answer and try to get back to where you were.

Headphones generally mean "Fuck off, I'm busy", but not adhere to that

Reply #1151 Posted: March 21, 2016, 11:40:28 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Due to the nature of programming, most of the time is too late once the questions been asked.

And this is how bugs are formed

Reply #1152 Posted: March 22, 2016, 08:25:57 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

But some people just wear headphones all the time.

Reply #1153 Posted: March 22, 2016, 09:17:35 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Taking a piss and you're forever shaking off the piss drips because you thought you had finished.

Or when your belt hovers into your piss-stream.

Reply #1154 Posted: March 22, 2016, 11:53:36 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

The worst.

Tend to stuff it in my pocket for that reason.

Reply #1155 Posted: March 22, 2016, 12:32:28 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

The worst.

Instructions not clear, pissed in pocket.

Reply #1156 Posted: March 22, 2016, 12:49:34 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Couriers.

Last night, I wondered where an order of mine was, so logged into the site I ordered it from, and did a track and trace to discover that the day prior delivery was attempted and a "card to collect" was left..
I found this a little odd, because I hadn't received such card.

Checking my security footage for the time of "Attempted delivery" sure enough, I see the courier pull down my driveway, in what looks like his personal car, he gets out of the car holding his scanner thing, no card, no package.. he looks at my garage door, looks at the path up to the house, then gets back in his car and leaves... no card left.

This morning, I get an e-mail from another company for something else I had ordered saying "Delivery was attempted"
Wait... I was home this morning?!
Checking the cameras again, courier driver pulls down the driveway, DOESN'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE VAN, waits about 10 seconds, and just buggers off again.
I WAS HOME! how about knocking on the door!!
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:07:28 pm by Craigor

Reply #1157 Posted: April 06, 2016, 12:04:56 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

The worst.

The worst is when i'm taking a piss in a urinal, then a work colleague comes in and takes up position in the one right next to me, and then proceeds to have a full on conversation with me.

Maybe it's just me, I just don't like talking to people while holding my dick.

Reply #1158 Posted: April 06, 2016, 12:31:41 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Not just you. I hate it when someone tries to talk to me when I'm in the toilet. "I have my dick out, I have no interest in communicating with you".

Reply #1159 Posted: April 06, 2016, 01:08:22 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
But we all agree, someone else holding your dick is perfectly ok.

Ye old' circl' jer'

Reply #1160 Posted: April 06, 2016, 03:52:40 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

The worst.

The worst is when i'm taking a piss in a urinal, then a work colleague comes in and takes up position in the one right next to me, and then proceeds to have a full on conversation with me.

Even if I'm pissing into a toilet, with the door closed, I won't ever talk while pissing.

Unless I'm drunk, but of course, that changes everything.

Reply #1161 Posted: April 06, 2016, 06:16:59 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!

The worst.

Even if I'm pissing into a toilet, with the door closed, I won't ever talk while pissing.

Unless I'm drunk, but of course, that changes everything.
Drunk + Toilets / Showers + College life = Best conversations you will ever have.

Reply #1162 Posted: April 06, 2016, 11:59:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Who gets pissed in the pisser?
Sounds like you had a sad early adulthood.

Reply #1163 Posted: April 07, 2016, 12:06:49 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Who gets pissed in the pisser?
Sounds like you had a sad early adulthood.
Anythings a pisser if your game enough Pyro.

Reply #1164 Posted: April 07, 2016, 03:31:13 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
When you spend your entire Sunday resolving a failed server issue, after an already hectic week (Between start of work Monday morning and Wednesday night I'd already worked over 40 hours).

Fuck this senior engineer shit for a lark I'm off to do something easy and mundane, like field test nuclear hand grenades. *grumble*

Reply #1165 Posted: April 17, 2016, 09:11:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

haha, know them feels.

Reply #1166 Posted: April 18, 2016, 06:54:33 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
It surprises even me how much I treat people who ask for 'help with SEO' as complete, drooling, mongoloids incapable of even the tinniest glimmer of intelligence.

Reply #1167 Posted: April 22, 2016, 08:12:47 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
When you spend your entire Sunday resolving a failed server issue, after an already hectic week (Between start of work Monday morning and Wednesday night I'd already worked over 40 hours).

Fuck this senior engineer shit for a lark I'm off to do something easy and mundane, like field test nuclear hand grenades. *grumble*

And then they say
"But <insert some minute irrelevant issue here> is still not working right"

Reply #1168 Posted: April 25, 2016, 10:50:57 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

And then they say
"But <insert some minute irrelevant issue here> is still not working right"

Thankfully I don't generally have to deal with that really any more, we have a service desk, a desktop/user technology team, and the rest of the server team, and my boss hasn't been shy lately about telling people to fuck off and not come to me directly for shit.

Reply #1169 Posted: April 25, 2016, 10:55:14 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Whats the point of even having a directive if the retard Airlines dont follow it?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/80301929/Jetstar-fined-for-deliberately-ignoring-order-not-to-allow-deported-passenger-to-board
Jetstar has already had 14 infringement notices in relation to failing to comply with the "do not board directive" between July 2012 and February 2016.

Reply #1170 Posted: May 23, 2016, 07:22:00 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Timepass isnt a word. This country has really gone down hill.

Reply #1171 Posted: June 09, 2016, 08:30:57 am

Offline Pyromanik

In what context Tiwa?

Reply #1172 Posted: June 10, 2016, 09:05:14 pm

timepass

noun 
1. a way of passing the time

verb 
2. (intransitive) to pass the time

source: collinsdictionary.com

Reply #1173 Posted: June 11, 2016, 06:15:59 am

I then had to look up intransitive.

adjective
a. denoting a verb when it does not require a direct object
b. denoting a verb that customarily does not require a direct object ⇒ "to faint" is an intransitive verb

Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:19:40 am by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #1174 Posted: June 11, 2016, 06:16:50 am