Topic: Dota2 Updates

Offline Steam Updates News

• Addicted
  • Steam Updates News has no influence.
Liquid held their bootcamp in Las Vegas, sharing a house with some poker pros.  They needed that retreat to sin city to find themselves.   Continue reading →

More...

Reply #50 Posted: August 04, 2013, 08:51:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
As we spoke with teams this week, there was an almost universal answer to one question. What team do you fear the most?   Continue reading →

More...

Reply #51 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:12:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
NS is self-conscious as he talks.  He seems embarrassed by his name choice - NightSniper shortened to NS.  He doesn’t want to call the storied Virtus.Pro his team, but it is. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #52 Posted: August 04, 2013, 12:30:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The first day of The International’s group stage is over.  So what are you going to do for the next 10 hours?  Don’t worry, we have some suggestions. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #53 Posted: August 04, 2013, 06:23:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Na’Vi became an instant Dota 2 community favorite by winning The First International.  Last year they returned as the heavy favorite but proceeded to have a rough group stage. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #54 Posted: August 05, 2013, 09:12:39 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Compendium owners had a busy day yesterday tracking their picks during the day and making adjustments to their rosters last night.While Alliance went undefeated yesterday, if you had an all Alliance team - you did not come out on top.  They had a combined score of 119.7 but if you took all the top high scores for the various positions, you end up with only 2 Alliance members and a score of 128.5. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #55 Posted: August 05, 2013, 11:51:39 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
As day 2 draws to a close, Alliance goes into the final day of group stage undefeated.  The rest of the field shows as many surprises as expected results.  But it isn't over for anyone. We should all remember Na’Vi’s showing last year that had them leaving group stage just barely avoiding the lower bracket yet still pulling it together and making it to the finals. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #56 Posted: August 05, 2013, 05:30:39 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
IG insists they feel no pressure entering this year’s International as the returning champs.  They know there is a target on their back, but they are confident. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #57 Posted: August 06, 2013, 08:40:35 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Group Stage ended the same way it began, a playoff.    The playoff today between LGD and Dignitas decided who moved into the upper bracket and who fell into the lower bracket.  It was one game, winner take all.  Continue reading →

More...

Reply #58 Posted: August 06, 2013, 09:23:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
While many of you are already joining us on Twitter, we just want to take a second and tell you about other ways you can follow The International. On Flickr, you will see high quality, beautiful images covering all aspects … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #59 Posted: August 06, 2013, 08:30:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Group Stage is over and the rest of the action takes place on the main stage of Benaroya Hall in front of thousands of fans.  If a day packed with Dota 2 being played by the best professional players in the world, inside of one of the most beautiful venues isn’t enough, we have more – much more.First up will be the opening Ceremony at 12 Noon PST.  We will be streaming this to the world, so even if you aren’t at the hall, make sure to drop everything you are doing and watch. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #60 Posted: August 08, 2013, 04:51:39 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The day began with pageantry as Gabe welcomed everyone to The International. Teams were introduced, videos shown, and then there was lightening inside of Benaroya Hall. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #61 Posted: August 08, 2013, 06:51:36 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We are going to start day 2 with one giant spoiler - last night’s all-star game was awesome.  If you missed it we have the

video available here. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #62 Posted: August 09, 2013, 06:23:53 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
This section of the blog promises to try and be spoiler free since it shows up in the game client. But we are going to start day 2 with one giant spoiler – last night’s all-star game was awesome. If … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #63 Posted: August 09, 2013, 06:23:53 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The day began with the undefeated Alliance coming out strong from the start of game one against LGD.  They were dominating in gold and experience, but as Loda himself predicted - sometimes all it takes is one team fight. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #64 Posted: August 09, 2013, 09:23:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We begin day 3 with only eight teams remaining and all eight teams will play today. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #65 Posted: August 10, 2013, 05:51:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We begin day 3 with only eight teams remaining and all eight teams will play today. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #66 Posted: August 10, 2013, 05:51:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
The day started with Alliance continuing their undefeated run by winning the first game against DK handily.   Continue reading →

More...

Reply #67 Posted: August 10, 2013, 08:00:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
First, we have to welcome all the PubStomps watching today. Watching in small groups, to parties with hundreds of people, the Stomps span the globe with 48 countries being represented. So to all of you out there sitting together with … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #68 Posted: August 11, 2013, 07:00:40 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
First, we have to welcome all the PubStomps watching today.   Watching in small groups, to parties with hundreds of people, the Stomps span the globe with 48 countries being represented.  So to all of you out there sitting together with friends and fellow fans - Hello!  Make sure to Tweet or post pictures of your PubStomp with the hashtag #ti3. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #69 Posted: August 11, 2013, 07:00:40 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We started the morning where we left off last night with the two Lower Bracket best of three matches.  Both IG and DK leading one game to zero. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #70 Posted: August 11, 2013, 06:12:43 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
Today is the final day of The International. We start with three teams and end with one, the Grand Champions. If you have never watched a professional game being played, now is your chance to see the top three teams … Continue reading →

More...

Reply #71 Posted: August 12, 2013, 07:12:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
We start today with a best of three match - Na’Vi vs Orange.   Continue reading →

More...

Reply #72 Posted: August 12, 2013, 07:12:34 am
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
What an incredible series.  Orange dominated the first game and it looked bleak for Na’Vi but they would not go down easily.  They came back in the second game and took it convincingly as theirs. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #73 Posted: August 12, 2013, 12:23:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates

• Addicted
In their first meeting on the main stage of Benaroya Hall, Alliance dominated Na’Vi.  That series let Alliance rest on top the Upper Bracket while Na’Vi had to prove themselves in a battle for the Lower Bracket crown to continue their journey. Continue reading →

More...

Reply #74 Posted: August 12, 2013, 04:40:34 pm
I <3 Steam Updates