Topic: Titanfall General Chat

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Being part of Blackwatch requires a beard, so one of those search criteria is redundant

Reply #100 Posted: February 16, 2014, 05:57:35 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Being part of Blackwatch requires a beard, so one of those search criteria is redundant

Facebook is a fuckwit, it needs all the information it can get...

Reply #101 Posted: February 16, 2014, 05:59:58 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I apologise for insinuating you were similar human beings. Just that I knew it was a bearded Wellingtonian on my Facebook who is also part of Blackwatch. Admittedly, this is still a broad search, but if I was Facebook searching "People I know who live in Wellington and who are part of Blackwatch and who have a beard" I'm pretty sure it would come up with just you two.

Do we have a Getsome facebook group yet?

Reply #102 Posted: February 16, 2014, 10:43:27 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!

Reply #103 Posted: February 16, 2014, 11:58:44 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Reply #104 Posted: February 17, 2014, 10:11:31 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Screw you Lias with your questions that seem legit but trolling at the same time

It'd hard being this good :-P

In related news, I've now spam invited everyone on the Nigthshift FB group, and a few other gamers I knew as well.

Reply #105 Posted: February 17, 2014, 10:24:13 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
Titanfall is a 21GB download, 48 GB installed

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/25/titandall-is-a-21gb-download-48gb-installed/

Jesus. I wont be installing it on my SSD. not enough space.

Reply #106 Posted: February 26, 2014, 08:56:31 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yeah I dodnt think I will be buying tittyfall. Maybe once AU/NZ servers are up, even then it's a long stretch.

Reply #107 Posted: February 26, 2014, 09:49:18 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
I played about 5 rounds of the beta. Game just felt wrong with the AI in it. It was like I wasn't even playing a multilayer game. Game also felt quite bland, after I played those few rounds I felt I had the jist of the game and had no need to play any more.

Throw in the whole no servers thing means there is no way I can buy this on release.

Reply #108 Posted: February 26, 2014, 01:31:55 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
When I saw the no dedicated server thing, plus AI in the game I decided I wouldn't even bother with the beta let alone buying the full game.

Reply #109 Posted: March 05, 2014, 09:27:42 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
When I saw the no dedicated server thing, plus AI in the game I decided I wouldn't even bother with the beta let alone buying the full game.

This is my general feel as well.  Not sure why they've gone down this road.

Reply #110 Posted: March 05, 2014, 10:52:20 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
It looks fucking retarded.

Those Titans look like they're made of cardboard and bounce around the tight maps like ping pong balls.

They don't look like they have any weight to them.

Another Alpha being sold as a AAA title. Fuck right off with that garbage. 

Reply #111 Posted: March 07, 2014, 03:14:54 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Good to see people who didn't bother playing the beta writing off the game completely.

Reply #112 Posted: March 07, 2014, 05:56:03 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Swindle is incapable of objectivity, he's either a rabid fanboy or a blind hater. As for the Alpha comment, the game actually ran quite well. But in the end, the game is very meh.

Reply #113 Posted: March 07, 2014, 06:36:23 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
As for the Alpha comment, the game actually ran quite well. But in the end, the game is very meh.

This. Was a fun game but bored me after a few hours was beta afterall, although new maps and maybe player increase for multi would be good
Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:03:48 pm by Mayhem_Lee

Reply #114 Posted: March 07, 2014, 08:01:37 pm

Offline Speakman

Take the following into account:

- More maps
- more classes of titans (at release there will be three, beta had 1, would not be surprised if there are more later down the track)
- increased quality of gameplay when Aussie servers go live
- Priced lower than usual for a new release

The beta game play was fun enough for me, with the above improvements will be great. I understand, having played a few hours of the beta, why they limited it to 6v6 and introduced bots, no problem at all.

Will purchase when ping is less than 100

Reply #115 Posted: March 08, 2014, 02:38:59 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
it's not ever going over 6v6 though is it?

Reply #116 Posted: March 08, 2014, 12:23:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
More maps and more Titan loadouts is all well and good, but lack of those things is not what makes the game average. Its that its only 6v6 and so much of the combat is padded out shooting bland AI. I don't play multiplayer FPS to shoot AI.

Reply #117 Posted: March 08, 2014, 01:34:20 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Its that its only 6v6 and so much of the combat is padded out shooting bland AI. I don't play multiplayer FPS to shoot AI.

Completely this

Why the fuck are there AI bots at all?

Are we heading back to BF1942 here?

Surely if there is space for bots, they could be human players instead.

Reply #118 Posted: March 11, 2014, 02:51:19 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Its that its only 6v6 and so much of the combat is padded out shooting bland AI. I don't play multiplayer FPS to shoot AI.

Completely this

Why the fuck are there AI bots at all?

Are we heading back to BF1942 here?

Surely if there is space for bots, they could be human players instead.

More human players = ability for more titans = bigger maps required = consoles fail + console focused so well console. Will still end up getting it as some friends are gagging to play & well their inferior machines won't play the games i play with frames

Reply #119 Posted: March 11, 2014, 03:14:55 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
TitanFall......

Played the beta. Thought I did fucking good I then realised I had only killed bots. Final round score 1 kill 4 deaths. Fuck off.

Reply #120 Posted: March 11, 2014, 08:21:44 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!

Reply #121 Posted: March 13, 2014, 09:12:35 pm

Offline Speakman

Aus servers have been confirmed for go live tomorrow afternoon, so I've made the jump as well.

Ignore all the haters osiris, they just mad

Reply #122 Posted: March 13, 2014, 10:00:53 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I've purchased already, and am waiting for interwebs at home. *sigh*

Luckily I have a wedding for a very good mate this weekend so no PC time anyway.

Reply #123 Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:06:15 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Just attempting to pay for my $599 peso game.

Reply #124 Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:10:37 am