Topic: GTA V PC

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
who will be playing this?

do I want a controller for PC or is it still master race PC mouse + KB.

Picked mine up via amazon for $55us, really looking forward to it!

Posted: February 24, 2015, 02:42:31 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Contemplating the purchase.

Reply #1 Posted: February 24, 2015, 07:43:18 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Will trade my ass for someone to pay half for me.

Reply #2 Posted: February 24, 2015, 08:18:20 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
I got it. cant wait for the mods that some people are going to make, even if its going to take ages.

Reply #3 Posted: February 24, 2015, 08:26:14 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Looking at getting it, not sure a controller will be needed as its all first person goodness! But for driving/flying/dieing controller be algravy

Reply #4 Posted: February 24, 2015, 09:01:47 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Delayed again.. Gonna be 19 months after console peasants got it, so there is just no way I will pay full price. It's a 19 month old game, I expect it to be $20.

Reply #5 Posted: February 25, 2015, 08:14:44 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Not that I have a PC to play it, but I agree with Lias.

Charging a new release price for a game that has been on the shelves for almost a couple of years already is a bit cunty considering the massive amount of units they've already sold.

Reply #6 Posted: February 25, 2015, 12:04:16 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
comparing the console version to pc version.....

the graphics alone (from SS) make it new game

Reply #7 Posted: February 25, 2015, 03:19:14 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Not really.

They released the console version for 360 and PS3, then re-released another console version for Xbox One and PS4, and are now releasing the PC version. The graphics between the current gen console versions and the PC version isn't all that much of a leap.

The upshot to releasing it on Xbox One and PS4 is that they share a similar architecture to PC (now 64Bit) so console ports to PC should be easier, quicker and not so costly (what both console manufacturers were boasting before release). So most of the dev work in porting the game probably would have happened when going from previous-gen to current-gen, not current-gen to PC.

For example, I purchased the Halo Master Chief collection on Xbox (4 re-released, re-mastered games) for $60, of which Halo 4 had only been out 24 months prior.

I can understand the new release price when they re-released the game for current gen consoles due to adding a new play mode and the quality jump is pretty huge, but there's no substantial reason to keep the new-release price on a re-release of a re-released game.

I think $60 for GTA 5 PC is more of an ideal asking price (NZ on-shelf price) not $90 (however, for this to be viable, Rockstar would also have to drop the price on all previous versions of GTA 5 to come inline with the PC version, and they sure as shit wont want to do that).

Reply #8 Posted: February 25, 2015, 03:48:55 pm

Offline Growler

PC blows the PS4 out of the water visually, not even close. Pc top, PS4 bottom.

But I do agree the $90 NZ price is a rip, hence the $55 US was my choice, I got it before the dollar started to dive!

Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:07:42 pm by Growler

Reply #9 Posted: February 25, 2015, 07:04:54 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Wow, OK. Those PC graphics are pretty impressive.

Would hate to think how many cards they are running to try and produce that at a steady framerate.

Reply #10 Posted: February 26, 2015, 09:56:09 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
The Delays!!!! nuuuuuu. I hope this is the last one............

Reply #11 Posted: February 26, 2015, 09:32:40 pm

Offline Growler

preloading begins........ 6 more days!

Reply #12 Posted: April 08, 2015, 11:12:24 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I suckered myself into buying this again, mostly for the first person mode and the larger multiplayer.

6 days should be enough to download it on my shitty Australian internet.

Reply #13 Posted: April 08, 2015, 11:21:31 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
preloading begins........ 6 more days!

That 60GB of preload....... taking up juicy space on the SSD

Reply #14 Posted: April 08, 2015, 11:57:00 am

Offline Growler

look for  'ON3N' or add me GrowlerNZ or Wolfcult666 on rockstar social

we gonna be assholes and make mega tin and buy tanks and choppas to destroy people!
Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:18:47 pm by Growler

Reply #15 Posted: April 08, 2015, 02:11:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

Reply #16 Posted: April 08, 2015, 10:01:46 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.

Might have to delete more than a few games there, all for one

Reply #17 Posted: April 09, 2015, 12:03:06 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Deleted 245GB of "old" games.

The kind of games that I had downloaded via a "free offer" and then forgot to play for more than an hour.
Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:52:14 am by `Kayne

Reply #18 Posted: April 09, 2015, 05:48:08 am

Offline Growler

Just use steam mover,

I have a WD black next to my SSD so I can just chop and change with ease the games on my SSD etc, can do it almost daily if I wanted to and changed my main games I play a lot.

Reply #19 Posted: April 09, 2015, 08:49:38 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #20 Posted: April 09, 2015, 11:40:09 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Might have to invest in this when I get internet and Diogenes is built. The more I see of it the more it looks to be worth the hype.

Reply #21 Posted: April 10, 2015, 02:36:02 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
New PC screens

https://imgur.com/a/8elw3

It looks so realistic, I can't tell the difference between GTA and real life.

Is what I will be telling the Jury.

Reply #22 Posted: April 11, 2015, 01:31:57 pm

Offline Lythieus

• I Posted!
  • Lythieus has no influence.
Downloading on Steam atm. Glad I have a 512gb SSD for it :p

I want to put a gang together for Multiplayer. Could be amazing.

I'll have to borrow Munter's 4k monitor for some 4k testing. I'm running a pair of GTX780's so it should run fine.

Reply #23 Posted: April 12, 2015, 07:25:04 pm

Offline Growler

R* are saying 4k 60fps needs sli 980 (ultra), so yours may struggle if you want all the prettys.

Recommended specs = 1080p - 60fps- high settings

There is a ON3N gang (getsomes old name) hunt it down.

Reply #24 Posted: April 12, 2015, 08:46:31 pm
Think of me like Yoda,