Topic: Diogenes - AKA Rii's m-ITX Build.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Do you have a length restriction on the card?

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GDDR5-256bit-Graphics-04G-P4-1970-KR/dp/B00NI45AMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433809499&sr=8-1&keywords=04G-P4-1970-KR

If you register the card, you will get a 3 Year Direct to EVGA warranty.

Don't have to deal with Amazon, or the supplier, just EVGA. Yes you will have to send it to the US, but meh.

Can't fault EVGA, I've got 2x570's atm, RMA'd after I blew up the first 2, my PSU had a faulty 12V Rail. Never had a problem in the three years they've been running.
Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:28:24 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #125 Posted: June 09, 2015, 12:26:30 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Length is 11".

I've always liked EVGA.

Thanks for the link, Xeno. Will check out.

I'm also looking at the mini 970 edition, turns out it performs along side the full sized 970's - http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_oc_mini_itx_review,29.html

Reply #126 Posted: June 09, 2015, 12:49:09 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Length is 11".

I've always liked EVGA.

Thanks for the link, Xeno. Will check out.

I'm also looking at the mini 970 edition, turns out it performs along side the full sized 970's - http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_oc_mini_itx_review,29.html

Follow up with the EVGA 970, The mini 970 may perform alongside full sized cards but how does it perform in an actual mini-itx case? You don't have size restrictions so would gimp yourself by using it

Reply #127 Posted: June 09, 2015, 02:21:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, that's my thought. I got the Ncase for a reason, so I wouldn't be gimped. I suppose it's there as a last resort.

Will look into the specs of the EVGA and the detailed specs. Thanks guys :)

Reply #128 Posted: June 09, 2015, 02:26:28 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Checked out the Ncase owners thread on [H]ard Forums and they all seem to be running GPU's with the typical open faced heatsinks with no issues.

Reply #129 Posted: June 09, 2015, 03:08:26 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
The Mini GTX970 are no different.

What they have is a revised PCB, which could involve completely rearranging the layout and/or adding more PCB layers. The net result is the same card, that costs more to manufacture. The performance difference will be negligible, the largest compromise is on heat. Less surface area to dissipate the same TDP.

The EVGA GTX 970SC seems to be a nice card, I wouldn't advise buying any other brand from overseas unless they have a global RTM warranty.

It's a bit shit that no NZ stockist have the blower style GTX 970 SC, they all have the ACX2.0. Will cost ~NZD$600+ to land it from the US.

Checked out the Ncase owners thread on [H]ard Forums and they all seem to be running GPU's with the typical open faced heatsinks with no issues.

EDIT: If that's the case, then BUY ANYTHING YOU WAN'

Reply #130 Posted: June 09, 2015, 03:10:07 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Shit, forgot to factor in the GST component when it hits customs. Sad face.

Reply #131 Posted: June 09, 2015, 03:12:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-300-series-pricing-confirmed-aggressive/

pretty damn good pricing, be interesting to see if the 390 (non x) is HBM memory too.
Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:43:35 pm by Growler

Reply #132 Posted: June 09, 2015, 04:38:47 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Shiiiiit. Y U DO DIS AMD.

I was sure I wanted nVidia this time around.

$389USD for the R9 390X comes up to roughly the same pricing as the 970GTX. And like the article says, when you throw in higher performing VRAM, along with double the amount, the price starts to look enticing.
Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:48:27 pm by Retardobot

Reply #133 Posted: June 09, 2015, 05:41:30 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Shiiiiit. Y U DO DIS AMD.

I was sure I wanted nVidia this time around.

$389USD for the R9 390X comes up to roughly the same pricing as the 970GTX. And like the article says, when you throw in higher performing VRAM, along with double the amount, the price starts to look enticing.

No AMD for you! You not running a house sized case anymore to much heat,that cards a rebrand of the 290X, AMD drivers are shitstain they cancelled mantle because shit.

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=23135 Problem solved if the other NCase users are not having any heat issues.

p.s if you get AMD will wait the 3months before you throw toys and say "told you so" :) Current friend is selling his 2 x 290x's to get a 980ti. Wasn't happy at all with them
Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:34:37 pm by Mayhem_Lee

Reply #134 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:33:02 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
If you are happy waiting a month or two Nvidia prices should drop due to 980ti release after retailers stop milking the prices

Reply #135 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:42:41 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Haha, thanks Mayhem.

Will be in Auckland this weekend hopefully so may have made a decision berore then meaning I hope to be bringing a GPU home with me.

Reply #136 Posted: June 09, 2015, 08:03:16 pm

Offline Xenolightning

... I hope to be bringing a GPU home with me.
New STD?

Reply #137 Posted: June 09, 2015, 08:37:51 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
How can a 390x be a rebadge, the 290x doesn't have HBM does it.

AMD does their big penis waving in a week, with it that close I would be waiting. All this BS about drivers etc is crap, Ive been running a 280x since they came out, always using the latest beta drivers, NEVER had issues, not once.

At the end of the day nvidia/amd, who gives a fuck, get the one that gives you the best bang for your buck.

*** ok it looks like the 8gb 390x wont be out next week, that's the new one with the HBM and runs much lower temps etc.

***** or maybe the thing on the 16th is the FURY cards with HBM.... who knows!
Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:42:32 pm by Growler

Reply #138 Posted: June 09, 2015, 09:35:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Posted a thread over at the Computer Lounge forums asking for ncase owners to hola about what cards they're using. No bites, BUT, Computer Lounge have said they will be getting these afterall - https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/ due to quite a few people asking. No ETA though.

YUS!!!
Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:42:54 pm by Retardobot

Reply #139 Posted: June 10, 2015, 12:36:41 pm

Offline Xenolightning

YOU WASTE OUR TIME HERE.

F U RII.

:B

Reply #140 Posted: June 10, 2015, 01:04:18 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm sorry, Xeno :(

Your guidance has been invaluable.

Cocksucker.

Reply #141 Posted: June 10, 2015, 01:08:23 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I'm sorry, Xeno :(

Your cocksucking has been invaluable.

Fixed

Reply #142 Posted: June 10, 2015, 01:09:16 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Reply #143 Posted: June 10, 2015, 04:19:10 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Could you find a tamer link in the API?

http://foaas.com/bucket/Lias :-P

Reply #144 Posted: June 10, 2015, 04:24:26 pm

Offline Xenolightning

hehe, I just thought it was quite funny :>

Reply #145 Posted: June 10, 2015, 05:15:15 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Lias

• Administrator
FOAAS in general is quite funny :-) If your nerdy luck us lol

Reply #146 Posted: June 10, 2015, 05:22:45 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Posted a thread over at the Computer Lounge forums asking for ncase owners to hola about what cards they're using. No bites, BUT, Computer Lounge have said they will be getting these afterall - https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/ due to quite a few people asking. No ETA though.

YUS!!!

Since posting this, I haven't received any sort of a follow up from CL when I asked if I was able to put my name down for a "pre-order" despite posting in that same thread and emailing them directly. Sent Playtech an email and they have their supplier listed as having them in stock on the 11th of July. They'll follow up with a Facebook announcement when they're available. No price indication as of yet though.

Reply #147 Posted: June 15, 2015, 02:13:08 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted

YUS!!!

Since posting this, I haven't received any sort of a follow up from CL when I asked if I was able to put my name down for a "pre-order" despite posting in that same thread and emailing them directly. Sent Playtech an email and they have their supplier listed as having them in stock on the 11th of July. They'll follow up with a Facebook announcement when they're available. No price indication as of yet though.

Thought CL use to be rather spot on with this type of thing? They dropping the ball a bit?

They should just get a heap of the cards in and offer some SFF builds.

Reply #148 Posted: June 15, 2015, 02:34:35 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

They seem a little more relaxed in their approach to my questioning about this specific ASUS card, not enough for me to question their integrity, but just enough for me to approach other sellers for some answers. My email could have been mistakenly missed along with my web-queries as all other correspondence with them about other hardware purchases have been pretty good.

I just want to be able to make an informed decision based on prices and availability vs performance when the new AMD cards drop. Looks like they're already in the hands of some US retailers due to leaked stock photos (and accidentally selling one).

Reply #149 Posted: June 15, 2015, 02:45:07 pm