Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
Yeah Nappa was pretty sweet - we stayed in Calistoga mainly before heading down to San Fran again

Lombard Street by D Piddy, on Flickr
Street View by D Piddy, on Flickr
Old Military Fortifications by D Piddy, on Flickr
Golden Gate with Cloud by D Piddy, on Flickr
Golden Gate 1 by D Piddy, on Flickr
Castello di Amorosa by D Piddy, on Flickr

Reply #2500 Posted: August 10, 2014, 03:39:42 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I think you guys should stop being lazy and post more awesome photos that are at least 1920 x 1080/1200. My desktop demands more (b)

Reply #2501 Posted: September 01, 2014, 10:39:07 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #2502 Posted: September 02, 2014, 09:30:07 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
http://500px.com/LindsaySoppet

Theres more :P

GG..

god i miss my dslr...   i am seriously contemplating a slightly used 1ds mark 3  at the local shop

Reply #2503 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:40:43 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

GG..

god i miss my dslr...   i am seriously contemplating a slightly used 1ds mark 3  at the local shop

what happened to the 1D you had a while back?

Reply #2504 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:42:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

GG..

ex missus and buying her out of the house required liquidation of said assets

trust me i really contemplated keeping my L glass and losing the house..   but the L glass didn't keep me warm at night.

and now house, new wife to be and 3 month old tie up most of my income

Reply #2505 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:48:42 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

GG..

ex missus and buying her out of the house required liquidation of said assets

trust me i really contemplated keeping my L glass and losing the house..   but the L glass didn't keep me warm at night.

and now house, new wife to be and 3 month old tie up most of my income

Fair call brother

Such goodies shall return!!

Reply #2506 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:50:37 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
indeed,  the mk 2 was great but  now hankering for the mk3  after saw a buddy shooting with one.

theres a nice example in the local shop for a couple of grand, so might pick that up and a 24-70 f2.8 and a nifty 50 1.8 and run that for a while.

ultimatley i want the following collection back again.

16-35 f2.8
24-70 f2.8
70 - 200 f2.8 IS or non IS
100-300 (old old version) macro

primes 50mm 1.8 (backup plastic version or if i can fins the old metal mount version)
50mm 1.4 USM
85mm 1.2 (wishlist)

Reply #2507 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:55:26 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Honestly id drop the 50 plastic fantastic and the 50mm f1.4 and just get a Sigma 50mm or 85mm ART f1.2 . youll jizz trust me

Reply #2508 Posted: September 02, 2014, 10:58:17 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
sounds good,

just looking I'm tempted to pick up a used d3x  and go nikon route this time as i am not tied to any gear.

any ideas

Reply #2509 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:08:32 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I am picking up my D800 today + nikon 17-35 2.8 + Sigma art 24-105 f4. I already own the 50 1.8 and will prob look at a samyang TC

The D800 has about 4 left in NZ at $2980, these are a bargain at that price. Only through Photo Warehouse as Photo Video has sold out. Speak to Donavin at Photo warehouse and he'll sort you.

I Bought my body from Photo Warehouse and am getting my Lenses from Photo & Video..... have them all in 90 mins!!!!

Reply #2510 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:12:25 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I am picking up my D800 today + nikon 17-35 2.8 + Sigma art 24-105 f4. I already own the 50 1.8 and will prob look at a samyang TC

The D800 has about 4 left in NZ at $2980, these are a bargain at that price. Only through Photo Warehouse as Photo Video has sold out. Speak to Donavin at Photo warehouse and he'll sort you.

I Bought my body from Photo Warehouse and am getting my Lenses from Photo & Video..... have them all in 90 mins!!!!

SRS ENVY RIGHT NOW

Reply #2511 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:14:26 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
at that price it's a seriously good buy, I was going to buy a 610 but with the 810 coming out the 800 price plummeted over night and that have been EOL in NZ. $2980 for D800 $4690 for D810.

I am one very happy camper!

I seriously don't think you can beat it for quality/performance at that price.

Reply #2512 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:16:34 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
might hit up a few forum member who have ties with Cannon

Reply #2513 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:17:39 am

Offline Growler

Just to make you jelly.....

Picked up today!

Happy Dance!

Nikon D800

Nikon 17-35 2.8

Sigma 24-105 4.0

Reply #2514 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:26:29 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
fuuuuuuuu..  Rage face.

nice man real nice

Reply #2515 Posted: September 02, 2014, 11:32:46 am

Offline Growler

Wow.... seriously sexy kit!

The Art lens is stunning, in build and quality, full metal, glorious to hold. And the 17-35... well it's not a gold ring lens cos it's crap, so so fast, quiet and such a such beautiful falloff, sharp through and through!

And the body, holy shit I was not expecting it to be such a dramatic change in quality. Built beautiful!

All up the kit is HEAVY and big, but I like that personally. Will just have to jackofflots to rebuild my forearm strength back up :D

I am heading to Tekapo this weekend so will be a great place to play with it and finger crossed for clear nights to see it's real class in low light.

Reply #2516 Posted: September 03, 2014, 08:39:18 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Yeah i like heavy kit as well, that why i loved my ads m2  even though people thought it was huge, the weight with a pro metal lens and big body meant good balance and easier to hand hold and steady it personally

Reply #2517 Posted: September 03, 2014, 09:56:54 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
the first couple were taken with my old 350D camera - the later ones with 70D(w) i picked up over in the states.
350D

yeah i found that there was crap on the lens after i had taken the pictures :|

70D

Reply #2518 Posted: September 05, 2014, 06:43:34 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
guy at work got one of the first D810 in the country, - he really likes it  - but was jealous of my new L 2.8L lens :)
Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:49:37 pm by Demandred

Reply #2519 Posted: September 06, 2014, 04:47:24 pm

Offline Growler

Here is a few shots from the weekend, every night it was either cloudy, hazy or the moon was too bright.

Reply #2520 Posted: September 08, 2014, 03:37:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Weather looks mint!

I really need to go to the South Island sometime.

Reply #2521 Posted: September 08, 2014, 06:41:53 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Here is a few shots from the weekend, every night it was either cloudy, hazy or the moon was too bright.

this one looks like a model town that some old guy built for his trains in his basement, :)

i really like it.

Reply #2522 Posted: September 09, 2014, 06:50:25 am

Offline Growler

Tilt shift :D

Reply #2523 Posted: September 09, 2014, 08:22:15 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
Bought the Tokina 11-16mm F2.8, went out just behind Chch Airport and took a few shots. Would be cool further out with less light pollution. Found this guy on Facebook, he takes some awesome shots! https://www.facebook.com/markgphoto?fref=nf (not anyone here is it?!)
Milkyway by 3viction, on Flickr

Star Gazing by 3viction, on Flickr

Reply #2524 Posted: September 22, 2014, 02:09:36 pm
snprkd