Topic: Obama gets the Nobel peace prize

Offline liquidpain

• Devoted Member
  • liquidpain has no influence.
Good on him.

http://www.politicker.com/pennsylvania/98843/barack-obama-nobel-peace-prize-winner

Although he has not yet accomplished much, it is a confidence booster for him.

Posted: October 10, 2009, 04:03:51 pm

Offline ninjaweedman

• Just settled in
  • ninjaweedman has no influence.
by stepping up "security" in afghanistan...................................
farce if you ask me, doesn't deserve it.

Reply #1 Posted: October 10, 2009, 04:16:45 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
pft.  He just won it for 'not being Bush'.

Reply #2 Posted: October 10, 2009, 04:19:11 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
And its a good way to suck up to the president.

Reply #3 Posted: October 10, 2009, 04:26:01 pm

Offline vietnow

• Devoted Member
  • vietnow has no influence.
the nomination cutoff was 10 days into his presidency, this is the biggest load of shit ever

Reply #4 Posted: October 10, 2009, 04:32:10 pm

Team Bell - SC2B GetSome Champions

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
id say its more for his stance on war before presidency, and the fact that he got the presidency has given them a reason to give it to him.

Reply #5 Posted: October 10, 2009, 05:01:42 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Absolute bullshit. He hasn't even been in power for a year, and he wins something like this? What has he actually done? I am fairly sure Bush put the 'security' in Afghanistan and Iraq, so shouldn't he have got this?

Reply #6 Posted: October 10, 2009, 06:48:37 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;999112
Absolute bullshit.

Yasser Arafat?

Reply #7 Posted: October 10, 2009, 07:30:35 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
I'd hate to think who the other finalists were for Obama to get it (assuming there were any others). A stance on something should not be enough to qualify someone for a Nobel prize. Actually doing something that results in peace should be the starting point for being considered. Obama may well end up doing something to justify a Nobel prize, but not yet.

Alfred is probably turning in his grave at this.

Reply #8 Posted: October 10, 2009, 07:40:47 pm
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
Absolute bullshit. He hasn't even been in power for a year, and he wins something like this? What has he actually done? I am fairly sure Bush put the 'security' in Afghanistan and Iraq, so shouldn't he have got this?

He got it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples,"

Reply #9 Posted: October 10, 2009, 07:55:58 pm

Offline Bobyoby

• Devoted Member
  • Bobyoby has no influence.
As I've said before, I don't really get why obama won the prize, shouldn't it have gone to someone who actually has acomplished something peaceful? Like a medical scientist of some kind or something.

Thanks for the neg rep zarkov and no its not arrogance, it was a joke. I know there are already awards for medical science.

Reply #10 Posted: October 10, 2009, 08:05:57 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Quote from: Bobyoby;999136
As I've said before, I don't really get why obama won the prize, shouldn't it have gone to someone who actually has acomplished something peaceful? Like a medical scientist of some kind or something.

Maybe there should be a Nobel prize for... Medicine?

Reply #11 Posted: October 10, 2009, 08:45:39 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spoonguard;999147
Maybe there should be a Nobel prize for... Medicine?

Good suggestion.

Reply #12 Posted: October 10, 2009, 09:08:55 pm

Offline liquidpain

• Devoted Member
  • liquidpain has no influence.

Quote from: Bobyoby;999136

Not absolute bullshit. You do not solve the frozen peace talks in the middle east over 8 months...

LOL... bush failed very bad in afghanistan and you call it security?
Many of the top alqaeda and taleban operatives killed by drones in afghanistan, slowly defeating the real enemy... thats putting security

He is having denuclearisation talks, dropped the missile shield in eastern europe.

Fully deserves it, plus they have explained why they gave it him.
To encourage his efforts to make diplomacy, reach out to the arab world, end the iraq war, closing gitmo...

Reply #13 Posted: October 10, 2009, 09:27:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Fine, what ever, he still isn't in the same boat as Einstein.

Reply #14 Posted: October 10, 2009, 09:46:29 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
but Einstein didnt get the peace prize...

Reply #15 Posted: October 10, 2009, 09:58:57 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
To give a peace prize to the commander-in-chief of a war machine now churning its way through the populations of three countries (Iraq/Af-Pak), with innumerable black ops, lightning raids and drone shots on the side .... to a man who even as we speak is deciding just how he wants to kill even more civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan ...  a man who has enthusiastically embraced as "an extraordinary achievement" one of the most heinous and barbaric acts of military aggression since Hitler rolled across the border into Poland ... a man who blusters about leaving "all options on the table," including the use of mass-murdering nuclear weapons, to bully other nations into compliance with American wishes ... to give a peace prize to such a man, while all over the world, there are men and women who have devoted their entire lives to non-violence and reconciliation, many of them suffering imprisonment, torture and ruin for their efforts ... well, like I said, it's beyond words.

But it's good to see that the spirit of arms merchant Alfred Nobel -- purveyor and profiteer of death and destruction -- is being honored so perfectly with today's award.
Obummer dude

Reply #16 Posted: October 10, 2009, 10:23:42 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;999161
Fine, what ever, he still isn't in the same boat as Einstein.

Nobel prize winners are thin on the ground in this thread.

Reply #17 Posted: October 10, 2009, 10:48:55 pm

Offline Fobinator

• Just settled in
  • Fobinator has no influence.
Very dodgey imo, like Zathura said "He got it for not being bush."

Me bets there will be a new law come into affect soon as a result,

Someone has done some pretty heavy brown-nosing.

Reply #18 Posted: October 10, 2009, 11:53:32 pm

Offline Fobinator

• Just settled in
  • Fobinator has no influence.

My bets there will be a new law come into affect soon as someone has done some pretty heavy brown-nosing.

Oh and also because hes black, still trying to make up for years of wrong doing imo.

Reply #19 Posted: October 10, 2009, 11:55:37 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
nobel wasn't american.  he has nothing to make up for.

Reply #20 Posted: October 11, 2009, 02:27:17 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Fobinator;999213

My bets there will be a new law come into affect soon as someone has done some pretty heavy brown-nosing.

Oh and also because hes black, still trying to make up for years of wrong doing imo.

The nobel prize is at the end of the day a prize given out to the world by the Norwegian people, they are pretty left leaning country I doubt there will be an uproar about this in Norway.

Reply #21 Posted: October 11, 2009, 08:52:33 am

Offline Bobyoby

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Zarkov;999150
Good suggestion.

Was a joke. jesus.

Reply #22 Posted: October 11, 2009, 03:32:59 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Bobyoby;999368
Was a joke. jesus.

Despite their similarities, I think you'll find that him what we have as a mod, is actually called Zarkov.

Reply #23 Posted: October 11, 2009, 03:35:13 pm

Offline Bobyoby

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Hori;999371
Despite their similarities, I think you'll find that him what we have as a mod, is actually called Zarkov.

No I think your are the one that is mistaken, st zarkov is infact the reincarnation of jesus. This time instead of being nailed to a cross, mr christ has decided to be nailed to the position of forum mod.

Reply #24 Posted: October 11, 2009, 03:37:04 pm