Topic: Fiji

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I'm surprised there isn't a lot about this in here...

So with Frank at the helm... what should happen?

The commonwealth say

The Commonwealth is committed to a set of fundamental values spelt out in the Harare Commonwealth Declaration of 1991, at the core of which is belief in and adherence to democratic principles.

We promote democracy through advocacy of democratic principles and practical action to help make them a reality.

So they've been suspended since the coup, now they're likely to be kicked out of the commonwealth. What's the best solution here?

Posted: January 29, 2009, 05:53:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: benlav;839837
I'm surprised there isn't a lot about this in here...

So with Frank at the helm... what should happen?

The commonwealth say

So they've been suspended since the coup, now they're likely to be kicked out of the commonwealth. What's the best solution here?

So. Fiji has turned to a shitbag, as expected. But they've also eaten OUR MONEY!!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8166796/McCully-slams-Fiji-constitution-move
McCully slams Fiji constitution move
Fiji's military dictatorship's trashing of its new draft constitution is a major step backwards and a disappointing development, New Zealand Foreign Affairs Minister Murray McCully says.

Last night the Fiji regime said the draft constitution, which was drawn up with the help of $500,000 in New Zealand aid, was an appeasement to racist divisions in the Pacific nation.

Seriously: Pull out of the place and let it sink into the sea.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific/8184406/Fiji-regime-cracks-down-on-political-parties
Fiji regime cracks down on political parties
Fiji's military regime has imposed a draconian new decree on anybody planning to create a political party ahead of democracy-restoring elections promised for next year.

The decree ensures Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase, overthrown in a military coup in 2006, cannot return to politics, and trade union officials are banned from being political party officials.

The decree comes a week after military leader Voreqe Bainimarama scrapped a draft constitution drawn up after nearly a year of consultation.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific/8185893/China-flag-call-irks-Fiji-leader
China flag call irks Fiji leader
Fiji’s military leader has responded to a Catholic priest who suggested the Chinese flag might replace the Union Jack on a  new Fijian flag with an outburst of expletive laden phone calls and text messages.

Australian Father Kevin Barr, who has lived in Fiji for 32 years, was long seen as a supporter of military strongman Voreqe Bainimarama.

But after he made the Chinese crack in a letter to the Fiji Sun, he got a phone call from Bainimarama himself.

“Then in a very angry voice he said that I should apologise to the people of Fiji for my letter concerning the Fijian flag in the newspaper,” Barr said in a letter he wrote privately to the Australian High Commission but which has been leaked in blogs.

Barr confirmed to Fairfax Media it was his letter.

“(Bainimarama) then called me ‘a f***** up priest’ and said I had become anti-government,” Barr said.

He repeated the phrase again and threw in a few swear words and told him to go back to where he came from.

“His tone was angry and really over the top.”

Minutes later he got a text message from Bainimarama: “I think you owe the people of Fiji an apology for your childish comments. You give all Catholic priests a bad name.”

Barr said he replied that he was not anti-government but disappointed at some developments.

He then got a reply from Bainimarama: “F*** U a***hole. Stay well away from me.”

Shortly later he got another text telling him to “start saying your goodbyes” and pointing out his work permit expired at the end of the year: “Go and be a missionary in China”.

Barr said he was surprised by the coarse language and the angry and uncontrolled reaction.

“I have heard that he has treated others in a similar way and aims to intimidate,” he said.

“Those who heard of the above exchanges were shocked and very concerned that the prime minister could act in this way.”

Bainimarama is currently in New York where he has taken on the chairmanship of the Group of 77 nations in the United Nations.

Way to back a winner there. Idiot

Reply #1 Posted: January 24, 2013, 04:44:35 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
send in the skyhawks

Reply #2 Posted: January 25, 2013, 06:57:30 am

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
pretty sure you're allowed to start a new thread. As of Tuesday it'll be 4 years old... My son is 3 1/2.

Reply #3 Posted: January 25, 2013, 06:40:18 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Very soon all activity on this forum will be entirely composed of tiwaking nercoing old threads and talking to himself.

Reply #4 Posted: January 25, 2013, 07:36:24 pm

Giliber

So cool!

Reply #5 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:21:55 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Giliber;1516053
So cool!
Thank you for the kind words of support, but you are a bot and cannot be tolerated

Reply #6 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:57:20 pm
I am now banned from GetSome