Red Peak
3 (15.8%)
The current one
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: THe Flag thread.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Edited for flag poll

----------------------------------
At first I wasn't keen on the idea of changing the flag.

But some of these designs are actually pretty cool. Now I want to see it changed.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11495030

I like 5, 6, 8.

Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:54:48 am by Plain old Spacemonkey

Posted: August 11, 2015, 12:42:23 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Looks cool. But not $26m cool.

Reply #1 Posted: August 11, 2015, 01:32:15 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
5 is leading the herald poll, with 6 close behind. I'll be happy with either design.

They should just pick one of those and skip the whole referendum.

Reply #2 Posted: August 11, 2015, 01:50:50 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
5/6 seem the best choice, in keeping the flag still somewhat consistent. Shame its going to cost so much to change it.

Reply #3 Posted: August 11, 2015, 02:27:37 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Once they shut down TPP talks then we should discuss flag changes.

Reply #4 Posted: August 11, 2015, 03:14:56 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Not enough Union Jack for my liking, Also - call my Cynical, but all I am seeing is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and then change some colours.

And as Rii said - not worth $26 Million - if it was a slow Tuesday and they had a couple hundred grand MAX that they simply HAD to spend then maybe (and I am being generous here).

Reply #5 Posted: August 11, 2015, 03:41:32 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Still not keen on changing it, and any replacement MUST have the union jack on it.

Reply #6 Posted: August 11, 2015, 03:56:28 pm

Still not keen on changing it, and any replacement MUST have the union jack on it.

Why?

The whole point of changing it is to get rid of the union jack.

Reply #7 Posted: August 11, 2015, 03:58:34 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Fuddy duddy.

Reply #8 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:00:39 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

New Zealand wants to change the flag because it looks too much like the Australian one.

Australia wants to change their flag because it looks too much like the New Zealand one.

I reckon we should wait till Australia change their flag, then we change our flag to one that looks almost the same like Australia's new flag, for the epic lols.
Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:07:56 pm by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #9 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:04:42 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Why?

Because it represents our ties to the homeland. We are now, and always will be a child of the British Empire.

Reply #10 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:17:24 pm

Why?

Because it represents our ties to the homeland. We are now, and always will be a child of the British Empire.

I'm not a child of the British Empire.

I support being part of the commonwealth, but there is no need for our flag to keep the union jack, many other commonwealth countries have changed their flag and removed the union jack (aka Canada).

The Queen is still our head of state, and is mentioned in one of our national anthems, we still have plenty of ties to our 'homeland'.

Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:40:08 pm by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #11 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:18:37 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I will reiterate my facebook musings. If the flag must change, and we don't get "guy on bike" I will fucking spack.

Reply #12 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:21:10 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I'm deadly serious too. If they spend this money on a flag and not resettling refugees or educating children I demand to see Valerie Vili bearing "guy on bike" at the Rio Olympics.

Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:34:20 pm by Clin

Reply #13 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:30:57 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
New Zealand wants to change the flag because it looks too much like the Australian one.

Australia wants to change their flag because it looks too much like the New Zealand one.

I reckon we should wait till Australia change their flag, then we change our flag to one that looks almost the same like Australia's new flag, for the epic lols.

Haha.

We could have Kiwi fucking a Koala.

Reply #14 Posted: August 11, 2015, 05:21:27 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Haha.

We could have Kiwi fucking a Koala.

Fuck if we have to change the cunt, that'd get my vote!

Reply #15 Posted: August 11, 2015, 05:30:30 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Why?

I support being part of the commonwealth, but there is no need for our flag to keep the union jack, many other commonwealth countries have changed their flag and removed the union jack (aka Canada).

The Queen is still our head of state, and is mentioned in one of our national anthems, we still have plenty of ties to our 'homeland'.

The Queen of England is still our Head of State - so maybe having a Union Jack on our Flag is warranted....

Reply #16 Posted: August 11, 2015, 05:43:27 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
My favourites:

The ferns, pretty much any of the ferns that touch the top and bottom and don't have overly politically driven colours. If we put green on the flag the fuckin' greenies would abuse the shit out of that, the old union jack colours are a bit out too.

Modern, my only reservation with these is that they might date a bit.

Korus, these are the only koru ones I like, the others just don't do it for me.

Reply #17 Posted: August 11, 2015, 05:54:05 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
As noted I have a very strong preference to keep the current flag, but out of the ones listed, the only real options to me are 6 and 38.

Also how the fuck did so many shitty Koru designs make the top 40? I mean really 19/40? what the actual fuck.

Reply #18 Posted: August 11, 2015, 06:12:57 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

I'ma just leave this here!

Reply #19 Posted: August 11, 2015, 06:17:36 pm

I will reiterate my facebook musings. If the flag must change, and we don't get "guy on bike" I will fucking spack.

I prefer this one

Reply #20 Posted: August 12, 2015, 09:49:04 am

Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:09:45 am by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #21 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:02:47 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
The red and blue fern is the best from that lot.

But tbh, I really don't care if we keep the current flag if those are our options.

Reply #22 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:20:49 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

I still like the original one, if they do change it, you will still be allowed to fly the original one because of it's historical significance (if you are in to that kind of thing)

Reply #23 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:35:13 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Yeah there will be two NZ flags. But meh. I'm indifferent on the whole thing.

I quite liked the idea of a new flag, but it's gone now.

Reply #24 Posted: September 01, 2015, 11:44:46 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-