Topic: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series is finally to be made into a movie.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/idris-elba-matthew-mcconaughey-dark-tower-twitter-joke

Having recently finished reading the series (2 nights ago, to be exact) again*, I'm pretty excited.

Although I'm pretty sure it's going to be a huge let down. They're starting "mid series" meaning missing the first book in the desert, with the famous line that started it all, Missing "death number 1". Probably skipping the beach, and the doors. Will they skip the lobstrosities? Will Roland be intact from start to finish in this?

Shit - Are they even going to follow the story line? They'll just spoil the whole fucking thing.

I also don't believe Roland should be played by a black man. Is that racist? Yes - I'm saying that Idris Elba shouldn't play as Roland Deschain PURELY because of the colour of his skin, regardless of his acting ability. I'm not saying it because he's black but because Roland's white.

I just feel they really don't care for the lore of the book.
...and yes, if Roland was black, I would still be bothered if he was played by someone like Clint Eastwood.

Does this make me racist? Am I too old fashioned? I mean come on it's 2k+16 we have a black president now and kanye west is the greatest rock star of all time get with it already.

I got good rep for this post saying "FUCK YES"
Does that mean FUCK YES I'm racist, and if so, it's a good thing? haha
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:37:33 pm by `Kayne

Posted: March 02, 2016, 05:40:00 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
But your name is Kayne and you're played by a white guy, what's up with that?

Reply #1 Posted: March 02, 2016, 06:31:51 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
The good news is that I'm preparing myself to be disappointed. That way, if it's any good, I'll be happily proven wrong.

Or, it's shit, and I'll get to be all smug about being right

Reply #2 Posted: March 02, 2016, 06:42:14 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me