Topic: Best game reviews eva!

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #250 Posted: October 23, 2008, 10:35:01 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.
I loved the bit at the end with Leslie from the cleaners :P

Reply #251 Posted: October 23, 2008, 12:11:03 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
new one out - saints row 2

Reply #252 Posted: October 30, 2008, 12:27:38 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Temp

• Addicted
  • Temp has no influence.
Makes me want to buy it :)

Reply #253 Posted: October 30, 2008, 12:38:39 pm

Offline Hazard

• Addicted
  • Hazard has no influence.
Same here, I've been thinking about getting it, but now I'm sold :D

Reply #254 Posted: October 30, 2008, 01:13:10 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Templar;823718
Makes me want to buy it :)

That was a really good review and critique of modern video games

Its like someone at the Saints Row company paid attention to what made the game fun and built the game around those ideas instead of what someone else THOUGHT would be a good idea

Reply #255 Posted: October 30, 2008, 11:24:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #256 Posted: November 06, 2008, 11:26:01 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;828023
Dead space

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/333-Dead-Space

Excellent use of the word "Shoggoth". Rip off of "Event Horizon"??! Ouch

That corpses getting up thing reminds me of "Rise of the Triad", except in Rise of the Triad it was done well

Reply #257 Posted: November 06, 2008, 09:19:09 pm

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
He didnt bash the uttershit out of that one :( Good review.

Reply #258 Posted: November 06, 2008, 10:03:33 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Holy crap this shit is funny, Crysis review was the best and funniest review I have ever seen. Spot on though.

Reply #259 Posted: November 06, 2008, 11:59:58 pm

Offline Esphlek

• Just settled in
  • Esphlek has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;828580
Holy crap this shit is funny, Crysis review was the best and funniest review I have ever seen. Spot on though.

I agree lol!

Reply #260 Posted: November 07, 2008, 12:01:00 pm
scawt
Antec 902 | M4A78-E | 3.2ghz | TRUE 120 Black | 4GB Ram | 720GB | 4890 | g5,lycosa,QCK+,hd555\'s

Offline Esphlek

• Just settled in

I agree lol!:sunnies:

Reply #261 Posted: November 07, 2008, 12:01:32 pm
scawt
Antec 902 | M4A78-E | 3.2ghz | TRUE 120 Black | 4GB Ram | 720GB | 4890 | g5,lycosa,QCK+,hd555\'s

Offline SittingDuck

• Addicted
  • SittingDuck has no influence.

This the first time you have watched a Zero Punctuation video?

Reply #262 Posted: November 07, 2008, 07:28:03 pm

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
  • brucewillis2 has no influence.
Quote from: DarkSidE;829034

I think it is, it's like watching nevermind the buzzcocks for the first time.

Reply #263 Posted: November 07, 2008, 07:44:30 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: AfroDizzzy;828513
He didnt bash the uttershit out of that one :( Good review.

I beg to differ

Although it lacked the vitriol of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune review he definitely placed the blame for the games lacklusteryness(tm) squarely at the feet of EA designers. He also attacks the lack of empathy with the protaganist which, in an FPS world containing such brilliances as Half Life 2 and COD:4, tends to be a very very bad thing

Sure saying something is 'bland' might not sound very angry, but it certainly isnt too inspiring either. Especially if you're going to fork out money for a game

Reply #264 Posted: November 07, 2008, 08:06:20 pm

Offline Synthetic

• Just settled in
  • Synthetic has no influence.
Has anyone played that game "The witcher"? Im thinking of getting it. Trailer looks bad but i hear good things.

Reply #265 Posted: November 07, 2008, 08:15:06 pm
Being crazy has it\'s advantages.

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Synthetic.NZ;829069
Has anyone played that game "The witcher"? Im thinking of getting it. Trailer looks bad but i hear good things.

Its an ok game, just try get the newer release because the older ones got some pretty crappy translations. Something funny about the main characters constantly calling the female characters bitches and such.

Reply #266 Posted: November 07, 2008, 08:18:39 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;829065
I beg to differ

Although it lacked the vitriol of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune review he definitely placed the blame for the games lacklusteryness(tm) squarely at the feet of EA designers. He also attacks the lack of empathy with the protaganist which, in an FPS world containing such brilliances as Half Life 2 and COD:4, tends to be a very very bad thing

Sure saying something is 'bland' might not sound very angry, but it certainly isnt too inspiring either. Especially if you're going to fork out money for a game

you want us to read that really fast with an English accent right?

Reply #267 Posted: November 07, 2008, 08:18:55 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;829070
Its an ok game, just try get the newer release because the older ones got some pretty crappy translations. Something funny about the main characters constantly calling the female characters bitches and such.

I loved the Witcher, brilliant game (ended up selling over 1 million copies which is pretty damn awesome for the first game developed by a random Polish developer no one had heard of just for the PC). I didn't have too many bugs with the original but the enhanced edition made it a lot better.

Reply #268 Posted: November 07, 2008, 11:22:37 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: DarkSidE;829034

I watched a few ages ago when this thread was first made.

Reply #269 Posted: November 08, 2008, 01:18:20 am

Offline Esphlek

• Just settled in
haha! hell yes very well done

Reply #270 Posted: November 10, 2008, 08:32:58 am
scawt

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.

Reply #271 Posted: November 13, 2008, 05:43:57 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline mattnz

Reply #272 Posted: November 20, 2008, 10:08:47 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: mattnz;837123
Failout 3 (Not a typo, f'ing buggy crashing POS)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/420-Fallout-3

Came and went with nary a small poot of enthusiasm
This weeks review however:
Fallout 3

Woot!

Reply #273 Posted: November 20, 2008, 10:57:06 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: mattnz;837123
Failout 3 (Not a typo, f'ing buggy crashing POS)

Excuse me kind sir, but he quite liked Fallout 3

Reply #274 Posted: November 20, 2008, 10:58:29 am