Topic: Hardline - ANOTHER EA FAIL

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
by and large

Reply #25 Posted: March 28, 2015, 06:21:09 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I think in general police at least pretend to try and minimise casualities

I get that - but this is an FPS, not the Police - I mean if it was a stealth game (like Thief for example) I totally get it - but a First Person Shooter - where you aren't supposed to shoot....  ???

Reply #26 Posted: March 28, 2015, 09:31:52 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
They're trying to mix it up is all. There's only so many scenarios of shoot em up you can run through without it becoming mundane. Without the freeze scenario it's actually much harder to shoot your way out than previous bf campaigns, which I like to a point although everyone will take the arrest route because it's easier. It would be much better if they could improve the AI tho...did I mention that?

Reply #27 Posted: March 28, 2015, 11:15:03 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
  • Meesham has no influence.
Angry Joe didn't have many positive things to say about the game:

Battlefield Hardline Angry Review

Reply #28 Posted: March 29, 2015, 09:03:51 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
^ this guy, sums up all my feels, i refunded bf4 at launch twice, before i got a free copy but by then i gave up, hardline...........  shite so bored with the franchise right now.
Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:31:44 am by Xsannz

Reply #29 Posted: March 30, 2015, 07:02:25 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
you refunded a game twice that's been out for 2 weeks??

Reply #30 Posted: March 30, 2015, 08:59:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
you refunded a game twice that's been out for 2 weeks??

no bf4...

Reply #31 Posted: March 30, 2015, 09:31:15 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I will be a little fairer in my followup - I played the Beta and I didn't enjoy it, I think Visceral should be acknowledged for attempting to breath life into the slightly stagnant genre of modern FPS games. But instead of breaking new ground and being what could have been a truly revolutionary game, they instead missed the mark.

As many have said, it feels like a BF4 reskin at Full price, If this had been released as a seperate Franchise or had gone for a more mass Civil Riot feel, could have been a battlefield game.

Reply #32 Posted: March 30, 2015, 01:20:16 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Speaking as , at most a casual gamer, who has fond memories of many many younger hours playing QWTF! The early BF franchise etc, but then drifting away as  being old intervenes, what this game supplies that has been missing from alternatives is the feel that is similar to BC2.

I'm sure you guys who think about games more than I do will be able to define what I'm talking about, but IMO hardline fills a gap in play styles.

I'm sure there's nothing revolutionarily new in hardline, but online games have lifespans and I'm happy that something's come along to fill the BC2 gap

Reply #33 Posted: March 30, 2015, 06:58:44 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
It's a good fun inf game, cops and robbers. With cars, what's the problem? :)

Reply #34 Posted: March 30, 2015, 08:06:39 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea, I feel that it is not just a re-skin of BF4, it feels more different to play and it's more fun(at the moment). Maybe I'm influenced by less time gaming than I used to do or something. Also I do like how the weapons are limited to specific classes now.
I also agree with Woomanchu, it does kinda have a bad company 2 feel to it.
Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:17:03 pm by AvatarFACE

Reply #35 Posted: March 30, 2015, 09:14:58 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
Agreed. It's bc2 ish. I'm in the same casual gamer camp, but I'm not sure whether that disqualifies us from reviewing games or not, being that were possibly more level headed and worldly (lol), but have less screen time, whilst hardcore gamers are aware of nuances because of long hours logged, but are picky and possibly deranged from not actually living in the real world/sleep deprived and perhaps lack perspective.

Controversial?

Reply #36 Posted: March 31, 2015, 08:56:28 pm
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Why didnt they just fucking fix BF2 in the first place? I looked at getting into this but tbh it just didnt appeal to me at all.

BF4 doesnt cut it for me either. I might actually have to play WOW instead of just HS :(

Reply #37 Posted: April 01, 2015, 03:41:31 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Don't play WoW, I resubscribed, loved it for about 8 weeks then it's just World of Garrison Craft!

Reply #38 Posted: April 01, 2015, 04:03:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
What exactly is it that doesn't cut it for you fellas/lady? It's different but very similar for me. The main thing I've noticed is I'm less likely to have a crazy firefight but still survive, as in there's less close calls. Otherwise the only difference I can identify is that because the franchise has had a revamp several times there's a lot of kids and new short term players, so way less teamwork. Thats a major difference from a game that was 5 years old and everyone knew everyone and played in teams together.

But then that's what the friends playing thingamabob is all about. Except Bigrobotbill is mostly the only one ever on...I must look up kiwichch, had a splendid game with him on my team...

Anyway thoughts?

Reply #39 Posted: April 01, 2015, 04:29:47 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
Growler and woomanchu and quite a few of BW people have been on lately, Rifty and Blink  from [MoD] etc
Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:12:31 pm by bigROBOTbill

Reply #40 Posted: April 01, 2015, 06:12:06 pm

Offline Growler

yep I love it, is more relaxed and more BC2 then BF4.

Reply #41 Posted: April 01, 2015, 07:03:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Add me (AvatarFACE) I'm not on much but I try to work with people when the other people want to work with me.

Reply #42 Posted: April 02, 2015, 10:51:54 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Good plan. Best rounds are definitely when the other idiots are on

Reply #43 Posted: April 03, 2015, 08:57:06 am

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
I'm so confused about which idiots your talking about...will be friending some of you next time I'm on...best games are team games. That'll be what keeps me playing...

Reply #44 Posted: April 03, 2015, 11:37:27 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Growler, Henno RHO, NZHolty Will add you. If you use mumble and run into us regularly we use the BW channel

Reply #45 Posted: April 03, 2015, 12:22:29 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
Will do. Have they always had those aliaseseses? Henno RHO is RightHandOnly?

Reply #46 Posted: April 03, 2015, 10:44:19 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
Scratch that. Figured it out.

Reply #47 Posted: April 03, 2015, 10:56:19 pm

Offline nzholty

• I Posted!
  • nzholty has no influence.
Idiot added

Reply #48 Posted: April 04, 2015, 11:00:39 am
Women like to pretend it is hurting, this is for your ego, remember babies come out of there!
So unless you have a cock as fat as a babies head, stop fooling yourself.

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
Immensely better game last night thank you chaps...

Reply #49 Posted: April 08, 2015, 06:52:57 pm