Topic: Guns and Hunting

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Stooped shooting ISPC way back in 96 when the hardware wars started.Shot Cowboy action until last motorbike accident left me with a buggered left hand(1999).
Have been re-enacting with HRS since 96.Memeber of WRS(Wellington Re-enactment society)from it first started in 200?.
Didn't go to Omaka this year as the re-enactment part in the air show is just to 'farby' although the plastic Panzer Tank of Sir PJ would have been worthy of a sticky.

Reply #25 Posted: May 01, 2011, 12:48:03 pm
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
I owned an SKS a number of years ago, hell it was before MSSA days.  Shot MoP (minute of pumpkin) so I sold it to a mate for wallaby shooting.  Cheap ammo at least and i see GC is pushing that Czech tracer ATM - i wonder how many fires that will start.

As for 'tacticool', its you money and you can spend it however you like.  I've wasted $$ over the years on tacticool bits most of which looked good for 10mins and failed to offer much benefit at all.

Nowdays for me its all about smaller and faster.

Reply #26 Posted: May 01, 2011, 02:42:22 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
thats why i bought the scope, etc from Canada. The scope alone was can$70

Yes i bought some of the czech tracers too, @ 30c a round im not complaining

Reply #27 Posted: May 01, 2011, 05:09:52 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Easymeat56k;1379665
Didn't go to Omaka this year

Do you know Bernard Shapiro?

Reply #28 Posted: May 02, 2011, 07:20:54 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ezmeat56k

• I Posted!
  • Ezmeat56k has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1379774
Do you know Bernard Shapiro?

The name is not known to me.Which group is he with,what uniform does he dress up in?
However I know many re-enactors by sight,usually the LAH and US airborne and Rangers.
Also all the white fellas look the same,even worse when in uniforms.
Actually I have a hard time remembering the names of the guys in the WRS,especially the new recurits.

Reply #29 Posted: May 02, 2011, 11:53:10 am

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
You would at least know Doug Gilmour from the HRS? Or Jordan Hart?

I'm currently doing 2nd Rangers and 3'rd Marines with the MRS. Didn't go to Omaka though, being a cripple and all.

Reply #30 Posted: May 02, 2011, 12:09:47 pm

Offline Ezmeat56k

• I Posted!
  • Ezmeat56k has no influence.
Know Doug from way back,top bloke.
Know Jordan more from rep,but have no problem with him.
Ask him about "dying" infront of the artillery at a past Omaka....

Reply #31 Posted: May 02, 2011, 01:55:57 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
If anyone needs quality Bases/Rings etc.  EGW in the US is having a one day sale, this is quality stuff at a great price and they will ship to NZ.

http://www.egwguns.com/

ONE DAY ONLY

Celebrate with us and
take 15% off of ALL orders

on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.

Enter promo code EGW20 upon checkout.

Reply #32 Posted: May 03, 2011, 10:28:42 am

Offline areya

• I Posted!
  • areya has no influence.
hunting is quite interesting,adventours and dangerous

Reply #33 Posted: February 28, 2013, 12:07:50 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: areya;1519338
hunting is quite interesting,adventours and dangerous

This guy sums it up perfectly.

Reply #34 Posted: February 28, 2013, 08:52:05 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
i was once stalked by a weka....still gives me the shivers

Reply #35 Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:12:21 am