Topic: NEW: List of HTTP delivered titles NOT available on the Steam Content Server

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
Quote from: yoip;1506756
One of the main reasons I joined telstraclear was the "unmetered" steam downloads. Before I was aware of the HTTP distribution system i ran over my cap by ~30gb during the Steam x-mas sale of last yearthinking all my downloads were unmetered. I understand that the HTTP system is far superior to the old method of delivery but it seems deceptive to say that TC offers unmetered steam downloads when    most games are not.
I am on the 40Gb "best deal ever" plan and that suits my needs fine, apart from the few times a year i buy and download games, which run over my data cap quickly.
It would be nice if TC was either more lenient with their caps or if there was some sort of reservoir of extra data able to be used over the year for these large downloads.

Thanks for your time and i hope you will consider these things.

I may be able to help with bumping up your usage to another higher tiered pack for a discounted price if it's suitable to your usage habits yoip. I appreciate that the situation isn't ideal, we have worked very hard to clearly define how the unmetering of Steam content works in this situation but there is often a lot of confusion still. It's unfortunate that the system is changing for that purpose, but we are working to improve this with Valve.

If you want to flick me your account number in a quoted private message (just click on the little letter icon below my avatar), and I'll see how I can assist you further so that you're happy with the outcome :)

Cheers.

Reply #25 Posted: October 30, 2012, 07:33:02 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline yoip

• I Posted!
  • yoip has no influence.
Hey,

It's no problem really, just caught me off guard a little when i realized i had gone over so much, as i thought at the time steam was unlimited.
Extra data wouldn't really be worth it for me as it is very rare that i use my 40Gb, apart from a few times a year.
I will just be more careful next time with downloading from steam.
Thanks

Reply #26 Posted: November 03, 2012, 03:07:00 pm

Offline Maxwell

• I Posted!
  • Maxwell has no influence.
I recently downloaded the game Deadlight which isn't listed here and it counted 4GB worth of downloads onto my meter. Usually 4GB isn't a problem, except over the last few weeks coming up to my internet renewing, every time I've connected to Steam the client itself has uploaded HEAPS of data, like, 10GB per hour for a couple of hours in a row. It pushed me about 60GB OVER my cap which the flat can't afford to pay at the moment. Has anyone had the same issues?

EDIT: Also, Bioshock and Portal 2. Seriously? Those games are super popular.
Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:30:02 pm by Maxwell

Reply #27 Posted: January 08, 2013, 07:38:53 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #28 Posted: January 08, 2013, 08:23:39 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Casper

• I Posted!
  • Casper has no influence.
Just to clarify, games distributed via HTTP are not cached on the Telstra content server, so unless they are still available via TCP you will not be able to download them without adding to your monthly data consumption?

I have noticed the bulk of my game downloads off steam have been metered for a few months now and am just learning about the new HTTP distribution. I was going to set up a block on non-telstra content servers so I could download without impacting my data usage however if the content isn't on the server I guess that won't work :(

Reply #29 Posted: January 15, 2013, 01:04:04 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
FWIW Try checking this website:

http://aiusepsi.co.uk/steam2/

If the game is on that list, it's probably cached by the telstraclear server (still need to use steamlimiter to lock to only that server)

See discussion at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3025212

Reply #30 Posted: January 15, 2013, 03:22:45 pm

Offline Camo260

• I Posted!
  • Camo260 has no influence.
Everything through the content server is now metered after Vodafone took over right?

Reply #31 Posted: August 21, 2013, 02:30:42 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Camo260;1530273
Everything through the content server is now metered after Vodafone took over right?

We have no offiical answer (Simcore _may_ be able to shed some light) but apparently the old cache server is gone, and a new one is there that caches the new http content system.

I'm using the latest release of steamlimiter and it seems to be giving me all steam traffic as unmetered.. your mileage may vary.

Reply #32 Posted: August 25, 2013, 10:21:32 am