Topic: Dredd

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Was epic. No boring bits whatsoever. No cheese. No cringing. No love story.

Hasn't done so well in US box office, and they need 50 million to make a sequel.

So if we all go see it twice, it should be ok.

Favourite bit:

Spoiler :
Dredd walking out of the building at the end.

Boss: "What happened in there"

Dredd: *shrugs* "Drug bust. Perps were uncooperative"

Like it was just a normal day. What a boss.
Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:25:26 pm by BerG

Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:18:15 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Great review.

Been looking forward to this, will be going to see it soon.

Reply #1 Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:20:13 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I have a man crush for Karl Urban.

Reply #2 Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:23:27 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I now have a serious man crush for Urban.

I think Urban is to Dredd what Schwarzenegger is to the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 Series 800 Version 2.4 Infiltration-Combat Unit.

Awesome thing about this movie is that its just another day at the office for Dredd. The sequel options are limitless.

Dredd has pretty much surpassed Batman for me. Batman looks like a pussy in comparison.

Dredd doesnt screw around. If someone pisses him off, he shoots them in the face.

Reply #3 Posted: October 08, 2012, 12:29:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
New avatar time, BerG?

Reply #4 Posted: October 08, 2012, 01:02:28 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Ages ago a group made this trailer.

The cool thing is they've had a dialogue between the makers of Dredd just so there hasnt been any legal issues for their interpretation of the 2000AD universe. They are still making Judge Minty. Hopefully it will come out one day.

p.s Dredd is quite a good film. Has no relation to Him Who Is Not to be Named

Reply #5 Posted: October 08, 2012, 03:57:02 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline AintNoMeInTeam

• Devoted Member
  • AintNoMeInTeam has no influence.
I saw it on saturday - shit was awesome.

Reply #6 Posted: October 09, 2012, 07:50:42 am
Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes...there\'s too much fraternizing with the enemy.
-Henry Kissinger

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Went to this again last night, and its even better the second time.

This time I got to appreciate the sound. The sound of his bike, his gun (before shitty silencer mode) and the bassy music. The cinema was fuller this time, which is a good sign. Word of mouth getting around.

New favourite bit:

Spoiler :
When he throws the gas grenade up the stairs, then walks up and starts killing everyone. The rest of the cinema seemed to think he was gonna arrest them, and started cracking up laughing when he started brutally shooting them. Shit was awesome.

The only thing this movie really lacks is full frontal nude shots of Karl Urban.

Reply #7 Posted: October 11, 2012, 04:39:45 am

Quote from: BerG;1505333
The only thing this movie really lacks is full frontal nude shots of Karl Urban.

If that was the case, they would have to give it a R180 rating, and no one could go see it.

Apart from Karl Urban himself.

Reply #8 Posted: October 11, 2012, 08:12:32 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
And a really really really really big screen?

Reply #9 Posted: October 11, 2012, 10:05:12 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
was awesome - dredd is like hte honey badger with a gun - he doesnt give a shit and he isnt scared

Reply #10 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:03:42 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
The story was a complete pile of shit, but I was pretty much expecting that, so with that in mind + karl urban + the visual effects it was rather enjoyable.

Reply #11 Posted: October 21, 2012, 05:56:33 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Not available For viewing in Perth :\ Looks entertaining with bergs seal of approval

Reply #12 Posted: October 21, 2012, 07:33:14 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
The law masters were a disgrace. Even stallone versions bikes were better (And the ABC warrior saved that movie, imo)

Otherwise good film. Look forward to stories in sequels rather than TV episode content of this. I could see great potential with Chopper, that'd be cooler than any pod racer scene.

Reply #13 Posted: February 06, 2013, 11:38:12 am