Topic: Humble THQ Bundle

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1512885
just so long as they keep making the Dawn of War series - I couldn't care less

You might be out of luck there.

Did you use to play Necromunda?
I've been working on that game for awhile now.

Reply #25 Posted: December 28, 2012, 09:32:45 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
THQ were cool :<

Reply #26 Posted: December 28, 2012, 10:15:27 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1512889
THQ were cool :<

OH NO!! Dark Millennium Online will never be finished now :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Dark_Millennium
Bankruptcy of THQ

On December 19, 2012, the publisher THQ, which owns Vigil Games, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, bringing Dark Millennium's fate into question. Video gaming blog Kotaku reached out to THQ's public relations representatives, who gave confusing answers as to the development status of Dark Millennium, stating that "development of this title ended in March 2012", later retracting that to refer to the cancellation of the MMO aspect, but not definitively answering if the project as a whole was cancelled.[7]

Reply #27 Posted: February 05, 2013, 09:04:26 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Yeah man, THQ has been all sold off and closed.

Reply #28 Posted: February 05, 2013, 09:08:28 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
SEGA snatched up Relic and I guess all their IP, so Dawn of War might not be dead. If that's the case, SEGA will be publishing Warhammer and Warhammer 40k games.

The various things sold off were:

Sega agreed to purchase Relic
Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve
Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/01/thq-is-getting-sold-off-today/

I don't think Vigil was brought by anyone, so if Dark Millennium was still being worked on, it's in limbo now, along with the Darkstalkers franchise.
Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:07:59 pm by Scunner

Reply #29 Posted: February 06, 2013, 12:00:08 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1517036
SEGA snatched up Relic and I guess all their IP, so Dawn of War might not be dead. If that's the case, SEGA will be publishing Warhammer and Warhammer 40k games.

The various things sold off were:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/01/thq-is-getting-sold-off-today/

I don't think Vigil was brought by anyone, so if Dark Millennium was still being worked on, it's in limbo now, along with the Darkstalkers franchise.

so long as they don't gary it up - should be awesome

Reply #30 Posted: February 06, 2013, 12:10:35 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Just had an epic round of Supreme Commander forged alliance.Never gets old for me.

Reply #31 Posted: February 06, 2013, 04:36:15 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1517037
so long as they don't gary it up - should be awesome

SEGA atleast has some solid RTS talent so assuming the management gives Relic the space it needs it might be ok.
The SEGA management seem pretty risk adverse these days though so there is every chance they will just make relic do 'safe' things.
I'd assume Relic will fall under the Sega West Division so could have a lot of autonomy from the Japanese HQ

Reply #32 Posted: February 06, 2013, 09:22:08 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1517078
SEGA atleast has some solid RTS talent so assuming the management gives Relic the space it needs it might be ok.
The SEGA management seem pretty risk adverse these days though so there is every chance they will just make relic do 'safe' things.
I'd assume Relic will fall under the Sega West Division so could have a lot of autonomy from the Japanese HQ

Its doing the 'safe' thing that has me worried

Safe games are middle of the road, boring and generally don't break any new ground

Reply #33 Posted: February 07, 2013, 08:01:23 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I want my Homeworld 3!

Reply #34 Posted: February 07, 2013, 08:09:47 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1517100
I want my Homeworld 3!

That too

Reply #35 Posted: February 07, 2013, 09:02:52 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Good deal again. $8nz for

Overlord and Overlord: Raising Hell DLC
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Rise of the Argonauts.
DiRT Showdown
DiRT 3
Overlord II.

Reply #36 Posted: January 31, 2014, 10:28:36 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #37 Posted: February 02, 2014, 01:36:04 pm