Topic: Tiwas Tarot

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Here is a Tarot reading program I created inspired from this site:
http://houseof3d.com/pete/applets/tarot/tarot.html

It uses the Celtic Cross layout, but being too lazy to actually put the graphics and animation in properly, I just went for the quick and dirty task list and cards drawn.

You can give it a try here:
http://tiwaking.hostzi.com/tiwatarot/tiwatarot.html

You are meant to ask it a single query from the following list:
Love, Career, Health, Family, General, Money, Spiritual, Travel, Computer

Celtic Cross Layout

For more information about Tarot, you can visit this site:
Learning the Tarot

Posted: February 26, 2013, 02:14:05 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1519051
Here is a Tarot reading program I created inspired from this site:
http://houseof3d.com/pete/applets/tarot/tarot.html

History
This program came about as an offshoot of the

New Zealand Politics: Card Game. Because the Card Creator Program for the NZP:CCG is technically robust enough for any type of Card Game I decided to give it a test run on the ancestor of all Card Games: Tarot.

Upon reflection, the Tarot Program represents something I've been trying to figure out:- How much interaction between User and Creator is there?

The NZP:CCG game requires logic and rules to make its purpose clear, but the Tarot Program is interpreted soley based on the Users desires and motivations. A more game orientated example is possibly Adventure Solitaire: http://www.arcanejourneys.com/wingames.asp?g=2, but in Adventure Solitaire, there is no story. Just you, a puzzle, and a possible solution. No story and no characters, except for that which you would like to make up yourself.

But Adventure Solitaire doesnt encourage you to make a story OR a character.

Perhaps this is the true strength of the Roguelike games and the 4X Turn Based Space Strategy Games: Limitless options merely guided to a destination by the player with only suggestions from the ingame materials. In the 4X games you only have one goal (i.e to win), but in the Roguelikes there are as many if not more 'win' conditions as there are Roguelike games!

Just as an exercise, I asked the Tarot Program for a solution to the dilemma of User Interactivity and Creative control.
Spoiler :
"The Present"
In Tarot readings, the Hierophant card often stands for institutions and their values. The Hierophant is a symbol of the need to conform to rules or fixed situations. His appearance can show that you are dealing with a force that is not innovative, free-spirited or individual
"The Immediate Challenge"
The Ace of Pentacles represents new opportunities leading to increased prosperity. The card indicates a change for the better financially, or at least, the opportunities are there to improve your financial situation
"The Distant Past"
The Nine of swords can mean deception, premonitions and bad dreams, suffering and depression, cruelty, disappointment, violence, loss and scandal. However, all of these may be overcome through faith and calculated inaction. This is the card of the martyr and with it comes new life out of suffering
"The Recent Past"
The Chariot represents a battle that can be won if the Querent has the willpower for it. The battle is usually an external one, with a clear goal and plan of action. Qualities needed to win the battle include self-reliance, righteousness, conviction and plain hard work
"The Best That Can Be Achieved"
The Eight of Wands is a card of action and swiftness and fortells immediate information or action is required to respond to news. Look for new communication and unexpected news
"The Immediate Future"
The Ten of Cups is one of the most positive cards and it represents fortunate marriage, contentment of the heart, and the perfection of human love and friendship
"Factors Or Inner Feelings"
The Three of Cups represents groups coming together to focus on a common goal.It speaks of a sense of community, and can indicate the time to get more involved by helping
"External Influences"
The Four of Swords represents a peaceful, still place. It reflects withdrawal, getting away and shifting the focus inwardly so that recovery and healing can take place
"Hopes Or Fears"
The Seven of Pentacles shows your commitment towards your work life or dreams, it may seem like charity work to you but it is on the value of receiving emotional and spiritual rewards, like the saying 'success is a journey not a destination'
"Final Outcome"
The Eight of Pentacles suggests you are working away at the finer details of the various aspects of your life, in an effort to continuously improve your situation. You may be unhappy with your current state and you know you need to make some important changes in your life to increase your overall satisfaction
Woah. Maybe I am completely wrong about this whole 'Tarot is Bullshit' thing.
edit: With the Card Creator Program: This program took 3 hours to make. 2 hours of data entry (stealing images from Wikipedia, Stealing Interpretations from various places), 20 mins of troubleshooting, 40 mins of cut/paste
Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:40:20 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #1 Posted: February 26, 2013, 12:09:40 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Okay my Tarot program is mostly complete! Needs sound effects and a better layout, but it serves its pointless purpose superbly!
http://tiwaking.hostzi.com/tiwatarot/tiwatarot.html
First Question asked: "Is ICONZ owned by iHug?"
This layout seems to suggest that yes, it is!

In the distant past, ICONZ moved forward quickly with many changes!

However its immediate future was it lost its autonomy and became stagnant

Until it finally lost out to influences beyond its control and was absorbed into iHug
Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:15:13 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #2 Posted: March 10, 2014, 10:09:39 pm

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.
Tiwa!

You know I love you, but Tarot?? Not Taro, which I understand grows rationally in many peoples' lives, but Tarot?  O.o

Reply #3 Posted: March 11, 2014, 11:58:31 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i think this program should generate Taro usage recipes on the cards..  tarot taro cards :)

Reply #4 Posted: March 11, 2014, 11:59:46 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Tiwa!

You know I love you, but Tarot?? Not Taro, which I understand grows rationally in many peoples' lives, but Tarot?  O.o
I thought it would be fun to make. There will be some crazy out there who takes it waaay too seriously and then sells off all of their life assets to prepare for the end times.  Then they might blame their problems on the Tarot program

Then I would be on the news!!

Actually that isnt such a dumb idea. If I add a login and Question Save/Restore function, then people can retrieve their predictions. EVEN BETTER: If I link up a twitter account, I can send people their predictions! I'll be like The Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province!

p.s The only use for Taro is landfill

Reply #5 Posted: March 11, 2014, 01:12:45 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Tiwa!

I thought it would be fun to make. There will be some crazy out there who takes it waaay too seriously and then sells off all of their life assets to prepare for the end times.  Then they might blame their problems on the Tarot program

Then I would be on the news!!

Actually that isnt such a dumb idea. If I add a login and Question Save/Restore function, then people can retrieve their predictions. EVEN BETTER: If I link up a twitter account, I can send people their predictions! I'll be like The Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province!

p.s The only use for Taro is landfill

just for God's sake, put a disclaimer on your app..  or somebody will sue you for misleading their pitifully small brain..

Reply #6 Posted: March 11, 2014, 01:36:54 pm