Topic: Twitter Clients for Android

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Hello friends.

With the death of Tweetdeck I require a new Twitter client for Android. There are many out there, but I am yet to find one that does what I want. The difficulty is finding one that will automatically stream new tweets to my phone based on a search query. I also require the client to obviously show me which "column" of Tweets (in Tweetdeck parlance) has been updated and has unread tweets. Ideally, I'd also like it to show a notification icon that a tweet is waiting in the specified column.

Does anyone know of such a thing? Janetter is the closest I have found, but the updates it runs do not seem to be anywhere near realtime (no out-of-app notifications for search columns and 4hours+ before the in-app notify lights up to show new tweets are waiting).

Thoughts?

Posted: March 24, 2013, 09:13:51 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Codex

the official client was better than tweetdeck anyway

Carbon is another one that's popped up as very popular too

Reply #1 Posted: March 25, 2013, 06:26:51 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
I use flipboard for amalgamating twitter/facebook/google+/reddit/news. Is not the best at any of them but sticks it in one place so only need one app.

Reply #2 Posted: March 25, 2013, 02:05:56 pm
- badfox

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Codex;1521707
the official client was better than tweetdeck anyway

Carbon is another one that's popped up as very popular too

How is the official client better? It doesn't let me follow multiple streams of tweets, split my tweets across multiple streams or let me have custom searches saved as tweets? It is completely unhelpful and I'm seriously fucked off that they have discontinued Tweetdeck, considering it is far better for my purposes (and for anyones purposes, unless they just want to look at a single vomit of data).

Quote from: oefox;1521733
I use flipboard for amalgamating twitter/facebook/google+/reddit/news. Is not the best at any of them but sticks it in one place so only need one app.
I tried flipbook a while back, will try it again and see if it does what I want.

Reply #3 Posted: March 25, 2013, 06:00:32 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.