Topic: Switched On Gardener owner sent to jail.

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Pot is becoming legal in more places then ever, faster then ever.

Look back to some poll I saw a while ago. Rated NZ the #1 place in the world for freedom.

I shit you not.

Respectable poll if I remember rightly. And this place is #1 in the world? For freedom? We just sent a guy to fucking jail, at our expense, for selling lights and soil.

Guess I should be lucky I don't live in a country near the bottom of the list? Right? Nah. Fuck that logic. I live here. This country should just grow up already. This is pathetic.

Banks known to fix interest rates, launder millions for drug cartels, become "to big to fail" and this is how we pander our time away?

EDIT

Poll : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10858183

New Zealand topped the index as offering the highest level of human freedom worldwide, followed by the Netherlands and Hong Kong

*cough*What*cough*?
Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:10:36 am by swindle

Reply #50 Posted: May 02, 2013, 12:06:28 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1524579
I think the devil is in the details.
If someone came in and asked what was best for killing humans and how to dispose of the evidence, surely they'd be obligated to notify police.

Same like shrinks. Confidentiality unless you're talking about harming others.

Was taking the piss, but it still fits some what. End of the day the guy as far as I know(correct me if im wrong) he hasn't actually committed any offenses, yes he didn't run the business the best way from a legal stand point, but no laws were broken. Surely the money and time wasted on this could have been better spent on actually taking down a real criminal, instead of locking someone up that was supplying growing equipment that "Could" have been used to grow dope, a harmless drug in the grand scale of things.

Reply #51 Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:13:03 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Kinda iffy on this whole thing. I feel like its being told in a certain way to cause turble.

I know that switched on , back in 2010, were selling illegal drugs (not just weed) over (under?) the counter, which is what I think the raids were about. I'd also heard rumors that the police were monitoring the customers of switched on gardeners, marking on your record if you had shopped there. IDK, Maybe they did a fly over your house later on in a helicopter to see if you had a plantation out back... which wouldn't make sense since you're buying gear to grow inside. Anyway.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1524576
Along with any 'cosmic corner' type shop owner, anyone who sells bongs

It is illegal to sell bongs. Shop owners selling them market them as vases for flowers, If you walk into some stores you'll notice fake flowers just sitting through the top of them.

I also don't know if people can say weed is harmless. From watching a few friends change dramatically mentally when they become heavy smokers, I find it hard to deny that its 150% safe. I also read a few weeks back that IN MICE, mice that were introduced to marijuana would have a higher chance of having off spring with autism.

Reply #52 Posted: May 02, 2013, 02:02:40 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Black Heart;1524485
That line wears thin real fast, hey everyone just be quiet you don't have all the facts and never will so just let everything the state / judicial system does slide.

So you'd be happy to condemn or exonerate a person just from what you'd heard in the media?

Wow.

Reply #53 Posted: May 02, 2013, 03:06:42 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: swindle;1524581
Look back to some poll I saw a while ago. Rated NZ the #1 place in the world for freedom.

*cough*What*cough*?
]

Pfft, everyone knows the US is the only free country.

Reply #54 Posted: May 02, 2013, 06:52:39 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: BerG;1524588
]

Pfft, everyone knows the US is the only free country.

Reply #55 Posted: May 02, 2013, 08:10:24 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1524583
I know that switched on , back in 2010, were selling illegal drugs (not just weed) over (under?) the counter, which is what I think the raids were about. I'd also heard rumors that the police were monitoring the customers of switched on gardeners, marking on your record if you had shopped there. IDK, Maybe they did a fly over your house later on in a helicopter to see if you had a plantation out back... which wouldn't make sense since you're buying gear to grow inside. Anyway.

They check your power bill ;)

Reply #56 Posted: May 02, 2013, 08:36:05 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1524591
They check your power bill ;)

they also use ir and heat sensitive cameras on the police heli to detect unusual heat signatures from roof's/garages ect.. i heard  whisper of having chemical sniffers installed in some police vehicles to detect traces of chems in the air to locate grow rooms/ labs ect ...

Reply #57 Posted: May 02, 2013, 09:40:38 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1524600
they also use ir and heat sensitive cameras on the police heli to detect unusual heat signatures from roof's/garages ect.. i heard  whisper of having chemical sniffers installed in some police vehicles to detect traces of chems in the air to locate grow rooms/ labs ect ...

Also they look out for pairs of sneakers on powerlines....

Reply #58 Posted: May 02, 2013, 10:35:06 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1524608
Also they look out for pairs of sneakers on powerlines....

i really lol'd .. oh so true

Reply #59 Posted: May 02, 2013, 10:48:03 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Simply put, prohibition on marijuana costs the taxpayers far too much annually.  

Whether or not this guy deserves to go to jail for what he or may not have done, the bottom line is we have yet again paid for a lengthy surveillance, sting, trial, and now need to accommodate and feed him for 4 years, just for fucking weed.

Is this going to stop those who want hydro gear from getting it? Is this conviction going to to make any dent on the growing of weed in nz? We won a moral victory though right?

Shouldnt we get back to rebuilding CHCH, paying out insurance claims, Paying for the water view connection,  paying for an inner-city auckland rail link, etc etc..
Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:14:25 am by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #60 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:06:39 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The law is the law, it's the job of courts to uphold that law.

If you want to legalize marijuana, vote for the greens at the next election.

Reply #61 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:21:15 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Im not arguing that we shouldnt enforce the law, Im just pointing out that in my opinion the law needs to be changed to avoid expenditure like this.

And im not sure that this topic is high on Greens policy since Nandor left and the greens became a "serious' party option.
Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:26:35 am by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #62 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:22:32 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
The evidence. Really stacked up against him..

It was more a case of criminal negligence and turning a blind eye than actually being illegal growing or producing...

Reply #63 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:32:16 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1524626
And im not sure that this topic is high on Greens policy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7877[/ATTACH]

Reply #64 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:40:48 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
The Greens argument always goes up in SMOKE

Reply #65 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:43:31 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1524633
The Greens argument always goes up in SMOKE

Maybe they would get somewhere if they were to set their policies in Stone(d)

Reply #66 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:50:15 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1524636
Maybe they would get somewhere if they were to set their policies in Stone(d)

Maybe they need to learn how to use a TABLET pc instead of swallowing them

Reply #67 Posted: May 02, 2013, 11:56:14 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1524639
Maybe they need to learn how to use a TABLET pc instead of swallowing them

We should stop these puns - someone might get Burnt

Reply #68 Posted: May 02, 2013, 12:03:52 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1524642
We should stop these puns - someone might get Burnt

But our comments have set this thread ALIGHT.

Reply #69 Posted: May 02, 2013, 12:16:15 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1524645
But our comments have set this thread ALIGHT.

Are you sure? I think most people can only see a purple haze....

Reply #70 Posted: May 02, 2013, 12:24:41 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1524646
Are you sure? I think most people can only see a purple haze....

I thought it had more of an AGENT ORANGE glow to it.

http://www.google.co.nz/url?q=http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/tag/orange-hairs/&sa=U&ei=nsCBUfasN8qQlQWM8oDADQ&ved=0CAcQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGNuMkidOTfILRQXmEa04d4nbsN7w

Reply #71 Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:27:20 pm