Topic: Bunch of major changes coming soon - AA NERF

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Pulled from battlefield site:

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-vehicles/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-tw-social-us-socom-tw-balancingbf4-vehicles&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-tw-social-us-socom-tw-balancingbf4-vehicles&cid=19568

I like these, especially increasing the chopper gunner damage vs vehicles as that shit was way to weak to be of any use for anything other than infantry.
I will miss slam's being awesome however :(

Posted: January 29, 2014, 08:48:35 am
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Nerfing my Active Radar missiles? You bastards.. you utter utter bastards.

Reply #1 Posted: January 29, 2014, 08:52:46 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
MBT law slowed reload down....god damn trying to take a tank down with it solo is almost impossible if there are repairs. 21dmg a rocket. Lucky for me I only use it on INF!

Reply #2 Posted: January 29, 2014, 08:57:51 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline han16

• Addicted
I thought the same thing, if i'm killing tanks its trusty old RPG for me. DAT REAR DAMAGE.

Reply #3 Posted: January 29, 2014, 09:02:27 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I think they probably should have kept the same bullet speed for the 20mm AA, just reduced it's TTL to reduce it's range. That change might make the 20mm obsolete.

Reply #4 Posted: January 29, 2014, 10:14:57 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline SLAYER!@#

• Addicted
  • SLAYER!@# has no influence.
You'd think they would fix the game before nerfing it causing more issues.

Reply #5 Posted: January 29, 2014, 10:32:53 am

Offline han16

• Addicted
For them to fix the game they would have to believe its broken in the first place.

Reply #6 Posted: January 29, 2014, 10:59:23 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Noticed this bit of information on gamespot

"In addition to multiple events and bonuses, Troedsson wrote, "We are further improving a number of items commonly referred to as 'netcode.' This will tighten the overall multiplayer experience, and we will be able to share these items with you in detail soon." "

Hopefully it does some good.

Reply #7 Posted: January 29, 2014, 03:43:12 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
I will miss slam's being awesome however :(

me too

Reply #8 Posted: January 29, 2014, 07:51:34 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Was talking to GOATKILER (no typo) last night about how I can't kill anyone with tank coax. He's like "have you changed it to blah blah blah" and that is how I learned you can change vehicle loadouts.

Yeah, you don't want me on your team.

Reply #9 Posted: January 30, 2014, 10:53:23 am

lol @ console hate

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Nerfing my Active Radar missiles? You bastards.. you utter utter bastards.

I actually used them the other day for an entire round - was something horrendous like 21 - 4, just sniping helis and Jets with the Active-completely-ignore-all-Flares-And-ECM-infinite-range-complete-fucking-hax-Radar Missiles.

Glad they got a Nerf - now if they would just at behave like the other lock on missles and not ignore my counter measuers that would be GREAT

Reply #10 Posted: January 30, 2014, 11:26:38 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Glad they got a Nerf

We hates you, my precious.. yes we hates you!

Reply #11 Posted: January 30, 2014, 11:53:02 am

Offline han16

• Addicted
Does active radar missiles ignore active protection too? I shouldn't think so.

Reply #12 Posted: January 30, 2014, 12:42:33 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

We hates you, my precious.. yes we hates you!

That is until I'm on your team and I am stopping the Jet Rape

And besides, I have yet to break over 60 kills in a jet....

Reply #13 Posted: January 30, 2014, 03:58:33 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
i've got no issue with the Active Radar nerf but i think the main gun overheat time should have been extended slightly.  why they fucked with the 20mm i have no idea - was already useless

Reply #14 Posted: January 30, 2014, 04:36:51 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
weapon tweaks have been posted

UPCOMING BF4 WEAPON TWEAKS

DMRs
1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Pump Action Shotguns
1) Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has been approximately doubled. These weapons did not have any available barrels or grips that would allow a player to enhance their aimed accuracy. This change should make the use of pump action weapons with slugs much more viable at medium and close range by allowing more accurate fire.

Carbines
1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.

General
1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are aiming.

2) The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.

3) Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible.

UPCOMING BF4 PISTOL TWEAKS

1) Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.

2) Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.

3) Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM. This delay represents the way these weapons work in real life, while also improving their responsiveness in game.

4) Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds, the proper amount for this weapon in real life. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.

5) Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone. The weapon was accidently less accurate than intended.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-weapons/

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-pistols/

Reply #15 Posted: January 30, 2014, 06:30:55 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Most of that seems sensible. Nothing I've noticed myself, except for the damage of the MTAR at longer range. I might use DMR's again.

Reply #16 Posted: January 30, 2014, 08:47:26 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Were these changes in today's update?

Reply #17 Posted: January 31, 2014, 01:45:37 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Were these changes in today's update?

yep

Reply #18 Posted: January 31, 2014, 07:37:50 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K