Topic: Stereo won't turn on - Panasonic CQ-VD7001W

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
A week back my car got a flat battery. I had to jump start it to get it going again.

Since then, my stereo has not be working (Panasonic model CQ-VD7001W).

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=nyq2drow.0ev.jpg
Stereo won't turn on - Panasonic CQ-VD7001W

It is powered, as you can see in the photo the lights are on, and when I press O/C the screen opens out.

However it won't turn on (nothing on screen, no sound etc).

Last time I had a flat battery I had to put the reset code in, but this time I'm getting nothing.

Any ideas?

Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:39:52 pm by Spacemonkey

Posted: March 13, 2014, 03:02:36 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
That hole, just by the tune/track button, should be a reset button
Shove a pin in there and reset it ?

Reply #1 Posted: March 13, 2014, 04:03:37 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
That hole, just by the tune/track button, should be a reset button
Shove a pin in there and reset it ?

Thanks, I'll try shoving my pin and that hole and see what happens.

Reply #2 Posted: March 13, 2014, 04:16:39 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
also most new stereos have amp protection when the detect wiring issues, I suggest checking your speaker connections.

Reply #3 Posted: March 13, 2014, 08:59:15 pm

Offline Ares Helix

• Just settled in
  • Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSESESESESESESESESESESESES

Reply #4 Posted: March 13, 2014, 09:39:01 pm
Need some music to play to?
Click here!

This is all so  CONFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSING!

I'll check the fuses.

What do you mean checking the speaker connections?  I'm sure everything is still plugged in.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about car audio. Car came with stereo and amps already installed.

Reply #5 Posted: March 14, 2014, 08:04:22 am

Codex

Yeah i'd say fuses

If you were in chch i'd offer to help look >___>

Reply #6 Posted: March 14, 2014, 09:02:11 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
This is all so  CONFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSING!

I'll check the fuses.

What do you mean checking the speaker connections?  I'm sure everything is still plugged in.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about car audio. Car came with stereo and amps already installed.

basically if there are any wiring issues or shorts the stereo goes into protection mode i.e no audio to protect amp blowing up.. not an external amp  the inbuilt one..

you can tri remove speaker connections and the just connect one speaker to one channel to test you get audio.

Reply #7 Posted: March 14, 2014, 01:03:34 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
A few head units I've delt with go into lock down if they detect power loss.

Have a flick through your manual (you do have a manual right?) for the reset code/button combo.

If you do not have your manual, then mash the face of the head unit at random.

Reply #8 Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:01:34 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I'm going to be a wanker here and hijack the thread quickly.

While I will have a look tomorrow, to see if it is the connections, I got myself some fusion speakers + subwoofer/amp and a pioneer head deck about... 6 months back?

Just recently the sound is playing up. From the bass dropping out, to the speakers sounding tinny, to being quiet... It happens randomly and obviously its quite annoying when you're trying to drive on the motorway and re-enact the scene from Waynes world with Bohemian Rhapsody, and the hi hats just sound like a fuzzy mess...

Anyone have a small idea what might be causing it?
Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:34:49 am by `Kayne

Reply #9 Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:22:07 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Where have you put the amp?

Reply #10 Posted: March 14, 2014, 11:29:15 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Where have you put the amp?

In the boot, Only place it can fit as it comes in its own enclosure :X

Going to go have a look now at the connections, I guess.

Reply #11 Posted: March 15, 2014, 03:14:56 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
lying flat, or on its side?

Reply #12 Posted: March 16, 2014, 01:29:17 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
lying flat, or on its side?

Flat, It's a trapezoid

Basically the same shape as this
Spoiler :

I have no clue how to take out the pioneer unit as well, but I was able to fiddle-stick my fingers into behind it, and nothing felt obviously loose. I'm guessing its the head deck itself, will have to write down the eq settings and hit the reset but-ten

Reply #13 Posted: March 16, 2014, 03:44:37 pm

A few head units I've delt with go into lock down if they detect power loss.

Have a flick through your manual (you do have a manual right?) for the reset code/button combo.

If you do not have your manual, then mash the face of the head unit at random.

Ha, of course not.

Bought the car 2nd hand, didn't come with any manuals.

I'll try and track down the manual on the internet.

Reply #14 Posted: March 17, 2014, 09:15:27 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Ha, of course not.

Bought the car 2nd hand, didn't come with any manuals.

I'll try and track down the manual on the internet.

It's usually stamped in.....it's specific to your head unit.

Also because yours doesn't have a number scale for different channels as such, it might be some obscure combination.

Reply #15 Posted: March 17, 2014, 05:32:47 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

I've tried everything and still no luck. Search on the net found a few people who have the same issue, but there was no conclusive answer on how to fix it.

I looked in the fuse box, but the instructions are all in Japanese, so I couldn't tell which fuse was for what, so I left it alone.

Anyone in Auckland willing to have a look? I'll give you a box of beer.

Otherwise I'll have to take it into an audio service place.

Reply #16 Posted: March 19, 2014, 02:15:08 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
In regard to the fuses, you can find English diagrams for the fuse box. Definitely takes a bit of searching though, but they are often out there. Most likely will be on in the manual if you can hunt that out.

You can also just check every fuse, and make sure none of them are bad.

Reply #17 Posted: March 19, 2014, 06:27:51 pm

Codex

What did you do in the end SM?

Reply #18 Posted: March 26, 2014, 09:00:25 am

What did you do in the end SM?

Still haven't fixed it.

Reply #19 Posted: March 26, 2014, 10:16:52 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Did you try hitting it really hard?

Reply #20 Posted: March 26, 2014, 05:19:14 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

FUCKING BALLS!

I must be the dumbest shit ever!

6 months I've been driving around with no musics, believing my stereo had been fucked and would never work again.

Today I was messing around trying to get the thing to work, I figured I'd check to battery in the remote to make sure it was all good.

I noticed the + sign and saw that the battery was actually in the wrong way round.

1. Flip around battery
2. Turned stereo on
3. Working fine

Now I can listen to all my music I have collected over the last six months, really really loud. Will be enjoying the drive home today :D

Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:42:16 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #21 Posted: August 23, 2014, 01:37:16 pm

re-enact the scene from Waynes world with Bohemian Rhapsody,

Will be doing this for sure.

Reply #22 Posted: August 23, 2014, 01:40:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was going to suggest you do as the AC dial instructs you to do.

Here's an instructional video:

Fatboy Slim - Push The Tempo

Reply #23 Posted: August 23, 2014, 06:09:04 pm

Offline Ares Helix

• Just settled in
  • Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...
*Waits for the "I blew my amp on the way home" post*
:p

Make sure you take some time to wear the speakers in. Don't crank it straight away!

Reply #24 Posted: August 23, 2014, 10:25:41 pm
Need some music to play to?
Click here!