Topic: Batman Arkham Knight is apparently utter shite.

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
User reviews should never really be considered on their own. It's always the most vocal people, either for or against something, that will feel the need to post something. I've read varying comments and there are a lot of people saying it works fine for them. Some of the issues seem to come when you change the max FPS setting, in which case you're not really using the product as intended.

On the other hand, my PS4 version runs flawlessly and looks great.

Reply #1 Posted: June 25, 2015, 10:54:26 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Begone dirty console peasant, this thread is for the glorious PC master race.

Reply #2 Posted: June 25, 2015, 11:45:12 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...

Begone dirty console peasant, this thread is for the glorious PC master race.

I'm a mixed race peasant, shunned by everyone, never fitting in.

My PC really needs an upgrade. Too old to run this, though I probably would've got the console version anyway as I prefer 3rd person games with controllers and on my TV. I realise I can set this up through my PC, but I'm too lazy.

Reply #3 Posted: June 25, 2015, 02:49:41 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.

Reply #4 Posted: June 25, 2015, 02:58:25 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Xbox controller and PC works for me for any games that play better with a controller (and Arkham Asylum which is the only one I've played much was definitely one of them)

Reply #5 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:01:40 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Reply #6 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:03:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm pretty sure that WB did this on purpose.

The PC version would have HAD to have left their offices in the state that it is in. The issues are way to wide spread for their testers to have not picked up on this.

I'm putting money on WB releasing it knowing full well it was borked but didn't want to spend any more dev time on it until they had sold a few copies of it first. After seeing backlash from customers, they got the opportunity to apologise and appear like a reputable publisher.

There is no way they released this game thinking "yep, she's ready to go".

Reply #7 Posted: June 25, 2015, 03:16:13 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Called it -

As much as I hate Kotaku and think they're a joke (along with Polygon), there's reports from testers that Warner Bros knew full well that they were releasing a busted, inoperable product - http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

For those who purchased this game outside of digital distribution sources that don't offer refunds (I've not come across a physical store that offer refunds on physical PC games), this could open the gates for possible litigation.
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:14:34 am by Retardobot

Reply #8 Posted: July 02, 2015, 11:12:44 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Called it -

As much as I hate Kotaku and think they're a joke (along with Polygon), there's reports from testers that Warner Bros knew full well that they were releasing a busted, inoperable product - http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

For those who purchased this game outside of digital distribution sources that don't offer refunds (I've not come across a physical store that offer refunds on physical PC games), this could open the gates for possible litigation.

Actually Ebgames offered refunds its on their terms and conditions on back of receipt within 7 days if not satisfied return the product blah blah..

i bought eso and returned it the next day last weekend

Reply #9 Posted: July 02, 2015, 11:27:12 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Ah, I thought they revoked that on their PC games...

Reply #10 Posted: July 02, 2015, 12:01:47 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Ah, I thought they revoked that on their PC games...

apparently not, i didn't even register ESO, but if i was nefarious then i could have registered the product key and then got a refund, so i can see why eb would want to stop it, but doesn't seem they have.

Reply #11 Posted: July 06, 2015, 11:53:47 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Your key would have been nuked.

If they're still doing it, then the key would have been sent back to publisher/distributor and then blacklisted. This is what they used to do when I returned a PC game (something like 4-5 years ago now).

Reply #12 Posted: July 06, 2015, 12:07:21 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Your key would have been nuked.

If they're still doing it, then the key would have been sent back to publisher/distributor and then blacklisted. This is what they used to do when I returned a PC game (something like 4-5 years ago now).

meh not worried wasnt going to play, and i repurchased a bunch of other stuff anyway.

Reply #13 Posted: July 06, 2015, 01:23:48 pm