Topic: banned for name hacking

Offline suckanoob

• I Posted!
  • suckanoob has no influence.
The Game: Team Fortress 2
Your game name: "⠀"
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93851035
The time you tried to connect and got the error: 5/14/2017
Any info on why you were banned: I tried to join the server after not joining for a week with no name and i received a message that i got perma banned on the 9th. It also said i tried to join as " â €" when i have never used that as an alias. ???
(I've been using no name since last year)

Posted: May 14, 2017, 10:36:27 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Your steam ID isn't banned, but it appears there is a perma ban in place on joining with a blank name.

The ban is "[Auto]Detected Namehacking #2" and applies to "⠀, â €, dss, loel" of which the first is a blank.

If you set a non blank name and join it should be fine.
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:47:07 pm by Lias

Reply #1 Posted: May 15, 2017, 01:45:07 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
banned for name hacking is part of a anti hack detection system.

everytime you change your name over 3 times, you get kicked for changing name too often. if you change it within a certain time in succession then you get banned.

I suggest you do not join with no name either.
unbanned.

Reply #2 Posted: May 15, 2017, 03:01:10 pm