I have normal vision.
24 (41.4%)
I have x-ray vision.
8 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Topic: Eyes

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Do you wear contacts, glasses or neither? And has any one had laser surgery? How did it work out? Tell us your story.

I used to ware glasses way back, then switched to contacts, but I just got a new set of glasses cause by eyes got worse and my old ones weren't powerful enough.

Does anyone buy contacts on-line? If so, where from? would you recommend them?

Laser surgery is something I may consider, but it's pretty expensive (however cost wise it's comparable to wearing contacts for 10 years)

Posted: April 30, 2010, 02:53:23 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I have monovision

I'm pretty much cyclops

Reply #1 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:10:38 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1256735
I have monovision

I'm pretty much cyclops

Do you wear an eye patch like a Pirate?

Reply #2 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:14:18 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
I don't have glasses.

Reply #3 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:14:28 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
glasses I don't have.

Reply #4 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:24:47 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Glasses, I do have. I've had bad eyes for ages, but only been wearing glasses for about 6 or 7 years now after they got too bad. Basically, my eyes are out of focus so anything more than 10 - 15 meters away is blurry.

Reply #5 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:28:01 pm

Offline Stephens

• Addicted
  • Stephens has no influence.
have glasses, I don't.

Reply #6 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:28:46 pm
- For Teh Horde -

Offline Twisted//Vixen

• Devoted Member
  • Twisted//Vixen has no influence.
Quote from: Scunner;1256749
Glasses, I do have. I've had bad eyes for ages, but only been wearing glasses for about 6 or 7 years now after they got too bad. Basically, my eyes are out of focus so anything more than 10 - 15 meters away is blurry.

This but had my glasses for 10 years and the last 2 years have been wearing contacts when I can be bothered, my eyes have not got any worse since is started wearing them which is a good sign :)

Reply #7 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:33:23 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1256740
Quote from: Bell;1256735
I have monovision

I'm pretty much cyclops

Do you wear an eye patch like a Pirate?

Sadly no, I pretty much have one shitty eye and one awesome one.
Since my awesome eye is so awesome there is no need for glasses.

Reply #8 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:39:18 pm

Codex

I would give my first born child to get laser :<

Reply #9 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:46:13 pm

Offline ToxicButtNZ

• Just settled in
  • ToxicButtNZ has no influence.
Glasses here, am shortsighted. Would love the laser surgery. Mate had it years a go and reckons it was the best thing she ever did for herself.

Reply #10 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:49:40 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Codex;1256761
I would give my first born child to get laser :<
Rex resents that.

Reply #11 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:51:34 pm

Offline Chewie

• Just settled in
  • Chewie has no influence.
I wear contacts for uni but glasses in the weekend and at night.

Reply #12 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:57:05 pm

Offline sponge

• Devoted Member
  • sponge has no influence.
I use my spidey senses.

Reply #13 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:57:42 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Had contacts for a few years now, love them.

Reply #14 Posted: April 30, 2010, 03:57:54 pm

Offline vietnow

• Devoted Member
  • vietnow has no influence.
glasses, buy online, save money erryday

Reply #15 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:00:26 pm

Team Bell - SC2B GetSome Champions

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
That Rex resents

Reply #16 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:04:15 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
Quote from: vietnow;1256778

Expertise getting you the right lenses however is key. Don't go into the mall ones. Shit selection [both in number of choices and quality] and average prices.
Had glasses since I was about 6 so I know my shit in that too. I'm probably more blind without my glasses than all of you. Interestingly though, my colour perception is better than the average person's.

Reply #17 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:11:23 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1256783

Expertise getting you the right lenses however is key. Don't go into the mall ones. Shit selection [both in number of choices and quality] and average prices.
Had glasses since I was about 6 so I know my shit in that too. I'm probably more blind without my glasses than all of you. Interestingly though, my colour perception is better than the average person's.

You just quoted his random spam/pop up/ad copy. Do you mean don't go into OPSM, SpecSavers, or Visique when you say mall ones?

I'm an expert on pubic hairs, had them since I was 11.

Not sure that lens shape has much to do with colour perception tbh.

Reply #18 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:21:22 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Was short sighted for about 20 years before I had Photo Refractive Keratectomy.

Basically this was the early version of laser surgery - they'd scrape the front covering off your eyeball, then burn the surface flat to correct your vision.

Then you'd need to wait for the surface to grow back again before you could see. Takes 2-3 days. Meanwhile, if you blink it feels like you've got a whole fucking hawaiian beach in your eye. Didn't help that I got both done at once (which isn't the usual methodology) so was blind for three days.

All I can say is.....thank christ for Pethidene.

Well worth it though. That was over ten years ago and my eyes are only just now starting to go a bit long sighted. Made a shitload of difference to lifestyle. Fortunately I managed to get it done under medical insurance so it cost naff all.

First thing I deliberately did afterwards......went to Hamner Springs to swim, so I could *actually* see chicks in bikinis rather than fuzzy blobs of pink and other colours.

Oh yeah.......lasered eyeballs smell like mushrooms being sauted.

Reply #19 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:23:30 pm

Offline vietnow

• Devoted Member
  • vietnow has no influence.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1256783

What the hell is this post I dont even know what youre talking tolkien about. I buy online so...mall ones?

Reply #20 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:28:16 pm

Team Bell - SC2B GetSome Champions

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Haters gonna hate viet.

Reply #21 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:35:32 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
Viet gonna hate haters.

Reply #22 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:40:21 pm

Offline Farcity!

• Addicted
  • Farcity! has no influence.
Basically, earlier this year got diagnosed with Keratoconus and so I wear lenses paid for by a DHB subsidy _b

Still using soft contacts thankfully, but it's a degenerative disorder so may need to move onto hard contacts later down the track with the worst case scenario being that I need a corneal transplant :\. Unfortunately my cornea is too thin so laser surgery will nerver work for me :(

My unaided eyesight isn't too bad. I can read a book and watch TV. But details can be hard to see e.g. can't see the clock on a sports game or the white board at university if I'm several rows back, and sometimes equal signs look like minus signs.

Reply #23 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:45:29 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
Way to kill a buzz bro.

Reply #24 Posted: April 30, 2010, 04:47:49 pm