Topic: KONY 2012

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Anyone else watched this?

Its 30mins long, but very worth the watch.

Posted: March 07, 2012, 05:34:45 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Only one way to stop Kony.

Reply #1 Posted: March 07, 2012, 06:08:09 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Pretty interesting watch. Its amazing to think how things like the youtube, have made things like this so powerful.

Reply #2 Posted: March 07, 2012, 07:34:07 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: BerG;1473868
Only one way to stop Kony.

I wish. That'd b awesum.

Reply #3 Posted: March 07, 2012, 07:45:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Sometimes, humans do some awesome things. However, this seems to be in response to humans doing horrible things, which puts us back at square one.

Very well filmed.

Reply #4 Posted: March 07, 2012, 08:09:39 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Think it's time for our contacts over the much larger ditch to do something.

Reply #5 Posted: March 07, 2012, 08:23:34 pm

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
there is no oil in uganda , the yanks wont do fuck all .

Reply #6 Posted: March 07, 2012, 08:24:04 pm

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
also , i embeded it on my facecrack page so all my zynga whore friends could see...

Reply #7 Posted: March 07, 2012, 08:45:42 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473893
Think it's time for our contacts over the much larger ditch to do something.

That's the thing, why does America have to do something about it? Does the UN not exist to stop things exactly like this?

I find it bizarre that before now what is going on there wasn't highlighted by the media. But I guess there are a lot of things going on in Africa that we never hear about.

Reply #8 Posted: March 07, 2012, 08:50:52 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
The US have advisors there that we don't want them to pull out, our goverment would probbably participate if under pressure aswell but we have our own financial problems. Which Mr. Key sale of state assests isn't the solution.

@baldy: With the 2012 elections this probbably become a policy with one of the parties involved, it just needs enough attention and pressure.

Reply #9 Posted: March 07, 2012, 09:02:26 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1473899
That's the thing, why does America have to do something about it? Does the UN not exist to stop things exactly like this?

I find it bizarre that before now what is going on there wasn't highlighted by the media. But I guess there are a lot of things going on in Africa that we never hear about.

The UN is only as powerful as the members (countries) part of it allow it to be.
Read up on the Rwandan genocide if you really wanna see how little the international community really cared about stopping violence in Africa.
I recommend reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_Hands_with_the_Devil_(book) it's very powerful book written by the UN commander on the ground in Rwanda before during and after the conflict.
He is very critical of the worlds response.
From what I gathered the world is prepared to throw money at Africa and run Aid Programmes but peace-keeping means risking our young mens lives and as far as most of the world is concerned our sons aren't worth putting in harms way for far away countries in Africa that have little effect on our lives.
Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:23:03 pm by Bell

Reply #10 Posted: March 07, 2012, 09:16:25 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Holy hell. Good video. Should be interesting to see how many people know about this in a weeks time.

Reply #11 Posted: March 07, 2012, 09:53:25 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline broncos

• Addicted
  • broncos has no influence.
Typical Americans .. Personally think we have enough probs on our own country..

Reply #12 Posted: March 08, 2012, 07:07:05 am

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: broncos;1473933

worse than a child army? worse than the number one war criminal in the world?

Reply #13 Posted: March 08, 2012, 07:21:45 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: broncos;1473933

That's a bit short sighted dude.

Are you one of those guys who ignores charity workers with a grin on your face, and when asked to donate to whatever devastating event has happened you turn around and say "sorry, but I prefer to help my own country before I help others"...

And as Ghost said, I don't think you could easily come up with a cause that NZ is facing right now that out weighs a murderous dictator who steals children.

Reply #14 Posted: March 08, 2012, 08:53:44 am

Offline pablo d

• Just settled in
  • pablo d has no influence.
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most problems in africa caused by The West's insatiable demand for their resources? i.e. Diamonds and Unobtanium (or watev that metal used in playstation etc processors is called) etc?

Reply #15 Posted: March 08, 2012, 09:48:35 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: pablo d;1473952
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most problems in africa caused by The West's insatiable demand for their resources? i.e. Diamonds and Unobtanium (or watev that metal used in playstation etc processors is called) etc?

Why isn't Australia a land of ethnic cleansing and child armies?

Reply #16 Posted: March 08, 2012, 09:50:24 am

Offline pablo d

• Just settled in
Quote from: RetardoBot;1473954
Why isn't Australia a land of ethnic cleansing and child armies?

Democracy.

Unrelated - it was a land of ethnic cleansing not so long ago, unrelated to resource wealth however. Just good ol' fashion racism.

Reply #17 Posted: March 08, 2012, 10:22:58 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Maybe that's what this KONY campaign is all about, trying to install some democracy?

Would that be such a bad thing?

Reply #18 Posted: March 08, 2012, 10:30:11 am

Offline pablo d

• Just settled in
Quote from: RetardoBot;1473958
Maybe that's what this KONY campaign is all about, trying to install some democracy?

Would that be such a bad thing?

Not at all. My point was that it's kind of ironic to tsk tsk the trouble in Africa whilst most likely using a product which probably in some way contributes to the conflict there.

Reply #19 Posted: March 08, 2012, 10:36:38 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: pablo d;1473959
Not at all. My point was that it's kind of ironic to tsk tsk the trouble in Africa whilst most likely using a product which probably in some way contributes to the conflict there.

Not really.

It's responsibility of the manufacturer to ethically source materials fueled by public outcry, but that's never going to happen. You can't avoid using a piece of tech that uses unethically mined silicon unless you're Amish or dead.

People can still object, it may make them a little hypocritical but you'd be an even bigger douche bag if you took advantage of the situation and did nothing rather than doing something.

Reply #20 Posted: March 08, 2012, 10:46:01 am

Offline pablo d

• Just settled in
Quote from: RetardoBot;1473961
Not really.

Yes really.

Reply #21 Posted: March 08, 2012, 10:57:57 am

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
seems some people have panties in a bunch over this video which started filming, and is relevant to, 2003. some say the uganda LRA violence ended 5 years ago and since reported 80% less/reduced child soldiers or something because ugandan military and ICC intervened. They are using this video which doesn't fully represent the current situation.
"The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill that allows America to militarise the region... They are providing misinformation to woo idealistic followers."

im just following word of mouth really. don't shoot the messenger :)
what do you guys think?

Reply #22 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:25:29 am

Offline lrdz

• Just settled in
  • lrdz has no influence.
Read something somewhere about this organisation spending most of their money on salaries, travel and filming.

Reply #23 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:27:16 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Correct.

Where exactly do they say that your donations are going to starving African children? This isn't fucking UNICEF.

Their mission is publicity, so of course donations will be spent on travel and filming.

Not that I'm giving any money away to help those fucking Africans continue to pop out children they can't fucking feed.

Reply #24 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:50:41 am