Poll

Should marijuana be decriminalised or legalised?

No
14 (20%)
Decriminalised
28 (40%)
Legalised
28 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Topic: Decriminalisation of marijuana

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Yes inhaling via a vaporiser would be better, i imagine this would be similar to a e-cigarette with a THC compound suspended in glycol. You could also ingest, i'm sure there are hundreds of recipes using it. But then I imagine that smoking it would be the generally preferred method because a) little preparation and b) its a social and cultural thing as well - sharing a joint, giving a shotty, or whatever.

Reply #125 Posted: May 16, 2012, 09:31:16 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/kilabee_photo/4152532_460s.jpg
Decriminalisation of marijuana

Reply #126 Posted: May 16, 2012, 09:53:58 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1485871
I have heard that you can ingest marijuana through a vaporizer, which is obviously a lot healthier anyway, and gets you a lot higher. If I ever did want to smoke marijuana then that is the way I would go, I've even heard that there are 'vapes' as small as your hand, which you can charge up and carry around with you.

The smoke also smells like pop corn / garlic. (My brother had one)

my 2c

Reply #127 Posted: May 16, 2012, 10:32:31 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
The problem with the smoke smelling like popcorn is that it makes munchies necessary a lot quicker.

Reply #128 Posted: May 16, 2012, 10:44:44 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
mmmmmmmmm popcorn

Reply #129 Posted: May 16, 2012, 11:11:28 pm

Offline timmo

• Just settled in
  • timmo has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1485864
Is that including the smoke which goes along with the joint? Just curious as I would think that any amount of smoking would be bad for you.

Yes it does. We certainly have a notion that 'any form of smoking is bad' from the chemicals present in tobacco, and smoking anything certainly isn't 'good' for your health. However what seems to be the case is that the chemicals in Cannabis have a protecting effect on tissue, even if the smoke itself (and burnt plant matter carried in it) causes irritation.

The study was very large (~5000 subjects) and over a period of 20 years so the findings are very robust. It should be stressed that the results were for 'casual' smoking as opposed to heavy, chronic smoking which can lead a range of other issues (i.e. if you're stoned all day everyday, your life is hardly going to be very productive and you may suffer health problems)

This just goes to re-enforce the idea that it is better to say there 'problem patterns of use' rather 'problem substances' par se- You drink too much? Not good, You eat too much? Not good. You smoke too much? Not good.
Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:28:18 am by timmo

Reply #130 Posted: May 17, 2012, 09:59:58 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Everything in moderation.

Except for alcohol, in this country.

Reply #131 Posted: May 17, 2012, 11:19:15 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline timmo

• Just settled in
Quote from: swindle;1485953
Everything in moderation.

Except for alcohol, in this country.

There are certainly things that we could do better to reduce the harms associated with Alcohol over-use. However, one of those things isn't criminalising people that drink, people that sell it or people that manufacturer it (as is currently the case with Cannabis).

Reply #132 Posted: May 17, 2012, 11:40:03 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: timmo;1485954
There are certainly things that we could do better to reduce the harms associated with Alcohol over-use. However, one of those things isn't criminalising people that drink, people that sell it or people that manufacturer it (as is currently the case with Cannabis).

You mean that we should let the general public self-regulate themselves in terms of their drug habits?!?

THERE WILL BE ANARCHY IN THE STREETS I SAY! ANARCHY!!!

Reply #133 Posted: May 17, 2012, 02:20:09 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1485967
You mean that we should let the general public self-regulate themselves in terms of their drug habits?!?

THERE WILL BE ANARCHY IN THE STREETS I SAY! ANARCHY!!!
Nah he's saying that the current regulations for two substances with similar negative properties are inconsistent.

Reply #134 Posted: May 17, 2012, 04:45:48 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: dirtyape;1485986
inconsistent.

Goes hand in hand with the words Government and politicians.

Reply #135 Posted: May 17, 2012, 06:13:04 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Spork;1485990
Goes hand in hand with the words Government and politicians.

That's some cutting-edge political commentary.

Reply #136 Posted: May 17, 2012, 10:03:38 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
You're not a political commentator, bro.

Reply #137 Posted: May 18, 2012, 12:37:24 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Hmmm, I'm not sure where I said I was....

Reply #138 Posted: May 18, 2012, 11:30:03 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
The truest definition of an idiot is someone who is ignorant to the point of incapable of participating in civic and political affairs.

Reply #139 Posted: May 18, 2012, 12:08:31 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8292ebd3/article/brown-at-least-50-percent-of-nfl-players-smoke-pot?module=HP11_headline_stack

In Brown's eyes, this is actually an improvement. Brown claims up to 90 percent of players league-wide smoked marijuana when he began his career with the Lions in 1985.

Reply #140 Posted: May 19, 2012, 06:23:53 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
So if Marijuana is a "gateway drug" then what are cigarettes and alcohol? The front door?

Reply #141 Posted: May 24, 2012, 10:55:57 am

Offline timmo

• Just settled in
Milk is the real menace in our societies....think of the children!

Reply #142 Posted: May 26, 2012, 12:17:03 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #143 Posted: May 30, 2012, 11:02:55 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #144 Posted: June 09, 2012, 08:55:13 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.

Reply #145 Posted: June 27, 2012, 08:01:01 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Fucking dam straight son, puff puff give :P lol

Reply #146 Posted: June 27, 2012, 08:06:35 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Quote from: private_hell;1489399
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-7-2012/jon-stewart-tries-to-figure-out-what-he-s-allowed-to-put-in-his-mouth?xrs=eml_tds

looks like New York is going to have a bill that decriminalises pot - up to 25 grams

Gosh he did that so well.

Reply #147 Posted: June 27, 2012, 08:13:09 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
long time no see peeps!

so last friday arvo over work drinks this very topic came up, i sat back and listened to the opinions and judgements being laid out and in particular paid spectacular attention to one colleague who was saying pot smokers were useless etc you know the typical rant.. so i let her finish and pipe up with the whole - hey mate, i have smoked weed every day for 20 years now, i am a functioning stoner who has successfully climbed up the corporate ladder, i am well educated etc etc, she was so horrified at my honesty and even more so when i said Head of IT at work - stoner; Operations Manager - Stoner; National Sales Manager - stoner.  It was quite priceless really seeing her jaw drop at being shown that these stoner stories portrayed so badly by the media weren't completely true.  I think i may have just changed her mind

@munchie:  hemp and cannabis are two different things so irrespective of whether cannabis is legalized or decriminalized there is opportunity for the hemp industry to boom.
Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:28:10 pm by th3fairy

Reply #148 Posted: June 29, 2012, 07:25:43 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Depends on the person too, I've mates holding down good jobs that puff it, and others that smoke it and can't hold down a job or do anything productive.
Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:45:51 am by Pitchey

Reply #149 Posted: June 29, 2012, 10:09:22 pm