Topic: Random Access Memories

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
No Bass drops, no wub wub, excellent.

People around the world are moaning about how the new daft punk album has no bass drops and wub wubs.

I'm glad, shitty cliche bass drops and shitty wub wubs, who needs it anyway?

Favourite tracks:

Giorgio of Morodor
Touch
Doin' it Right
Contact   <---- epic crescendo

I'm a bit over Get Lucky to be honest.....but I have listened to it pretty much solid for the last week?

Dat drum beat.

Posted: May 19, 2013, 10:59:57 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's definately not the Daft Punk of old.

It's brilliant in its own merit.

But not what I was expecting.

Reply #1 Posted: May 19, 2013, 12:46:44 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
agreed not what i was expecting, couple of tracks got me nodding but i miss the drops

Reply #2 Posted: May 19, 2013, 02:07:59 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I have the vinyl on order, I don't even have anything to play it on o_O

Reply #3 Posted: May 19, 2013, 02:22:10 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xenolightning;1525527
I have the vinyl on order, I don't even have anything to play it on o_O

So I've been doing a lot of analogue to digital and digital to analogue stuff at uni recently, controls, quantisation etc, so I got to thinking how they would make a digital signal into an analogue vinyl record, usually there would be steps in the signal, or maybe sharpish edges where they've done some clever stuff.

Turns out RAM was recorded entirely in analogue, including completely analogue instruments.

Might have to get a copy of the vinyl version....

Reply #4 Posted: May 19, 2013, 11:51:16 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
"We were drawing a parallel between the brain and the hard drive – the random way that memories are stored."
I still enjoy their work but I lost a little bit of respect for them.

Reply #5 Posted: May 20, 2013, 04:19:47 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
This shit is groovy, really enjoying this album.

Reply #6 Posted: May 20, 2013, 08:25:15 pm