Topic: The official NFL (National Football League) thread

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Vikings struggled, but still dealt to the poor old lions, 8-1, i remember the last time they were too. Randy Moss was a rookie, and fuck he was/is awesome

Reply #25 Posted: November 16, 2009, 06:26:59 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1019936
pretty sure they were the team he supported growing up etc, he wasnt unhappy at all about going there.

Yeah, I know ... he's just made some pretty stupid comments about the fans and stuff. He seems like a bit of a jerk. Maybe I'm wrong? Also, I guess I'm probably hacked off because Orton is doing so well with the Broncos.

Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1019936
he doesnt have anyone decent to throw to really

This is a good point - no clear star receiver PLUS his o-line couldn't block me and you at this point. Between that and the defense, they should just change the Chicago logo to a picture of a sieve :D

Reply #26 Posted: November 16, 2009, 10:08:45 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;1018117
I support the Chicago Bears. Allow me to sum up their season with a picture:

*facepalm*

That's Kyle Orton in the background isn't it? Get a current season pic to do it justice as the current Chicago Bears are more facepalm than last seasons ;)

Reply #27 Posted: November 17, 2009, 04:39:20 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Far out reggie wayne is that man

that was the mean clutch play from him and manning vs the patriots

Reply #28 Posted: November 20, 2009, 08:55:52 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Pats v Saints starting in an hour. There goes my afternoon. :rnr:

Reply #29 Posted: December 01, 2009, 01:25:28 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
yeah that game is gonna be mean. i think i may have to mysky that but should be a good competition

Saints will be hard to stop with their unlimited amount of offensive plays

but if anyone can do it the pats can

Reply #30 Posted: December 01, 2009, 02:57:55 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
and it would seem the saints are the real deal....

all things going well, hope my vikes meet them in the NFC championship game, knowing the vikes however, theyll just break my heart again:(

Reply #31 Posted: December 01, 2009, 10:30:47 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
saints are definately the real deal this year

Drew Brees is ripping

his passes are right on the button

ill stick with my team the Colts to make the final but the saints are on a role

Reply #32 Posted: December 03, 2009, 01:04:32 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1028869
and it would seem the saints are the real deal....(

Quote from: maorifulla;1029801
saints are definately the real deal this year

Kind of. I watched the game the other day and they were impressive, there's no doubt. But they have problems defending against the run and i can't think of any team that's been able to win the superbowl without being able to control the clock.

So they will have to get a bit more wise in that regard. It's not to say they can't win it, but i still have my doubts.

Reply #33 Posted: December 03, 2009, 04:55:40 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1029879
Kind of. I watched the game the other day and they were impressive, there's no doubt. But they have problems defending against the run and i can't think of any team that's been able to win the superbowl without being able to control the clock.

So they will have to get a bit more wise in that regard. It's not to say they can't win it, but i still have my doubts.

I dont think theres any perfect team out there, but they certainly showed they can do it against a good opponent. hopefully AP can show up these issues with the run you speak of more than Drew Brees shows up the Vikings inconsistant pass D. Tho I hope Allen and the Williams Wall makes him hop around a bit:D

still gotta get to that point first, i remember the 98 Vikings, 15-1 and lost because the kicker missed his only kick of the season....gutting:(

Reply #34 Posted: December 03, 2009, 05:18:05 pm

Offline nzkiwiwhiteboy

• Just settled in
  • nzkiwiwhiteboy has no influence.
Chicago Bears ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

Reply #35 Posted: December 03, 2009, 06:18:51 pm
Death by tray it shall be.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
SIGH come home early from work to watch the Vikings get dominated by the Cards, they have to be in contention for the NFC with the Saints and the Vikes

Gutted EJ Henderson, the starting MLB had his leg broken gruesomely near the end of the game, one of my favourite players:( hope that isnt his career and hes gonna be ok in the long run..... not gonna link this one as its nasty...

Reply #36 Posted: December 07, 2009, 10:03:59 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1032425
...they have to be in contention for the NFC with the Saints and the Vikes.

Saints have now taken the NFC South title and are 12-0 for the season.  All right!! :rnr: Didn't make it easy on themselves though. There were never in the lead at any time in the game until the field goal in extra time, which we got because the Redskins missed a field goal 2 minutes from full time. That miss allowed the Saints to start an 80 yard drive, with no time outs, that ended in a touch down 33 seconds later. For once the lucky breaks fell our way (about time too).

I also heard this is the first season ever where two teams are 12-0. You would think the likely SB should have Saints and Colts.

Reply #37 Posted: December 08, 2009, 05:29:31 am
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TuataraDude;1032507
Saints have now taken the NFC South title and are 12-0 for the season.  All right!! :rnr: Didn't make it easy on themselves though. There were never in the lead at any time in the game until the field goal in extra time, which we got because the Redskins missed a field goal 2 minutes from full time. That miss allowed the Saints to start an 80 yard drive, with no time outs, that ended in a touch down 33 seconds later. For once the lucky breaks fell our way (about time too).

I also heard this is the first season ever where two teams are 12-0. You would think the likely SB should have Saints and Colts.

yeah you guys got lucky, but a lot of teams get that (Vikings v 49ers for instance) while Saints Colts looks most likely, the Saints wont have it all their own way.....regardless if they do get through, theyll be the team I follow as mine will be out!

Reply #38 Posted: December 08, 2009, 11:00:35 am

Offline TofuEater

I wouldn't mind if the Saints win it - as a payback for Hurricane Katrina. It will be very emotional (in a way that only the Yanks can do it) if they do win the Superbowl, but there's plenty of water to flow out of the levies before that happens.

Reply #39 Posted: December 08, 2009, 11:24:21 am

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
lol at the Patriots. Oh how the dynasty is tumbling down.

Tom Brady is playing piss poor, the play calls are terrible and their defense is in shambles. Also....

lol@pittsburgh for losing against the Chiefs and the Raiders :chuckle:

Reply #40 Posted: December 08, 2009, 05:01:26 pm

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Quote from: Thetruereddevil;1032425
SIGH come home early from work to watch the Vikings get dominated by the Cards, they have to be in contention for the NFC with the Saints and the Vikes

the cardinals offensive line doesnt let anyone near kurt warner

as for my colts, they just keep rolling 21 straight regular season wins since last season

1 more to beat the record and win AFC

Reply #41 Posted: December 09, 2009, 08:02:24 am

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
Quote from: maorifulla;1033183
as for my colts, they just keep rolling 21 straight regular season wins since last season

1 more to beat the record and win AFC

Colts and Saints are both 13-0-0. This year it's a great comp, but I'm unsure exactly how much that has to do with two teams dominating (instead of one which makes it more interesting) or because one of those two is the Saints.

Reply #42 Posted: December 17, 2009, 06:00:52 am

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: maorifulla;1033183
the cardinals offensive line doesnt let anyone near kurt warner

*snigger*

Reply #43 Posted: December 17, 2009, 07:11:42 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1038090
*snigger*

COUGH

good to see the vikings back to winning ways

Reply #44 Posted: December 17, 2009, 06:24:20 pm

Offline TofuEater

Is live on ESPN at the moment. Not sure how this works, because its supposedly the "Thursday Night" match, so it may not be as live as Sky would have you believe.

The game was preceeded by a minutes silence for Chris Henry, the Bengals WR who died as a result of an altercation with his girlfriend earlier this week. :(
RIP.

Reply #45 Posted: December 20, 2009, 02:31:20 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;1039648
Is live on ESPN at the moment. Not sure how this works, because its supposedly the "Thursday Night" match, so it may not be as live as Sky would have you believe.

The game was preceeded by a minutes silence for Chris Henry, the Bengals WR who died as a result of an altercation with his girlfriend earlier this week. :(
RIP.

That was tragic that Tofu, after he had seemed to get his life on track and all, was sad seeing the bengals interviewed about it earlier in the week

oh and no more unbeaten Saints, Cowboys win in December, shocking!

Reply #46 Posted: December 20, 2009, 07:46:21 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
The game was live (as I was following it over the internet till I got home to see the forth quarter), but I have no idea what the Thursday Night Live bit was all about. All I can surmise that if it hadn't been for Christmas, the game would ahve been played on Thursday, so it was called a Thursday night game. Then Christmas forced them to bring the games forward a few days but it kept it's name (Americans can be just like Germans at times). Having said that, I see there is a game on Christmas Day, so I could just be full of grit.

Gutted we are no longer unbeaten (although when Dallas missed that field goal with two minutes to go, I thought we may have been in with a shot). At least now the pressure is off to stay unbeaten. Let's hope we get back to our winning ways next week against Tamps Bay. It shouldn't be hard, but then it shouuldn't have been hard for Liverpool to beat the cellar dwellers Portsmouth the other day yet they failed (oops! thread cross over).

Reply #47 Posted: December 21, 2009, 04:48:08 am

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
Manning MVP fo' sure now.

Reply #48 Posted: December 21, 2009, 04:11:58 pm

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline TofuEater

LOL - oh glorious day. Not only did the Colts lose their unbeaten record, but i had a little flutter on the Jets to knock them over. :finger:

Reply #49 Posted: December 29, 2009, 08:42:58 am