Topic: KONY 2012

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Yes we have establisihed that the founder himself is to a degree hypocritical.

Reply #50 Posted: March 08, 2012, 08:08:28 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7088[/ATTACH]

Reply #51 Posted: March 08, 2012, 09:32:14 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z214/Lyesalot/LFuRe.jpg
KONY 2012

Reply #52 Posted: March 08, 2012, 09:36:09 pm
iM

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z214/Lyesalot/FPEBn.jpg
KONY 2012

Reply #53 Posted: March 08, 2012, 09:37:04 pm
iM

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: broncos;1474034
i understand that odball but i have enough irl to worry about , than something miles and miles away........... my opinion, which unless im mistaken we are allowed.....

I'm sure.

Bet my left nut they're all first world problems too.

Typical response from someone who can't see a bigger picture I suppose.

In regards to your stunning opinion - This is a forum. If you post your opinion here, you are subject to question. I believe this is the basis of... well just about the damn whole point now in'it?
Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:12:02 pm by swindle

Reply #54 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:08:27 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Words from my girlfriend who knows a bit about this sorta stuff in-case anyone cares.

I don't think there is any problem with groups doing advocacy as their main focus, so then travel/advertising/awareness kits would be where they spend the vast majority of their money, with development projects taking up much less of their resources. It just depends what their mission is. If their mission is to stop Kony then doing development projects won't do that much, whereas awareness raising might. And yes military interventions are always fucked and the Ugandan army is not a good one, but it is a legitimate authority under direction by a democratically elected government in Uganda so that is a hell of a lot better to spend your resources trying to build up then just allowing the Lord's resistance army to run rampant. And yes the LRA hasn't been in Uganda since 2006 but they are mostly in the Congo and South Sudan now from my understanding and if this blogger thinks that the armies there are better equipped to help out he is sadly mistaken.

Reply #55 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:14:23 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: frankytanky;1474082
meme pic

No but political pressure from the general public can do wonders, but of course you need to do more than like a page.

Reply #56 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:17:19 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Thanks for posting.

Reply #57 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:19:01 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline swindle

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473900
The US have advisors there that we don't want them to pull out, our goverment would probbably participate if under pressure aswell but we have our own financial problems. Which Mr. Key sale of state assests isn't the solution.

This is a pretty funny post if you think about it.

Uganda conflict... "BAM" Asset sales!

Reply #58 Posted: March 08, 2012, 11:24:10 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
Thanks for the vid mcc, pretty sad about the situation
also when someone mans up to do something great as this theres always going to be few saying its a rip off, kony is already dead, pointless etc..
and as for that pic them holding weopons well obviously they will be touching weopons to go against someone like koni, nothing wrong with that

Quote from: broncos;1474027
Cheers for the rep bell:  I saw the video , have a clue , just don't give a toss
About something that far away in a fkd up country..

wow mate i hope theres only a very few worthless people like you in this world
Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:58:05 pm by ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

Reply #59 Posted: March 09, 2012, 12:04:50 am
H!SoN

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Great cause, too bad it's too late. Will blow over in 6 months time, just like everything else. Protest was primo in the 60s, pretty much dead today.

Also, that link that toofast posted is all too condemning of the whole situation, sure the video went viral, and my facebook feed was over encumbered with "KONY 2012" shit with pictures, links and "omg whatisthis", but before you jump on the bandwagon, this information has been out for years. A decade infact. The footage is well over 5 years old. As mentioned previously, Kony is out of Uganda, into the Congo, and Uganda is in its first 'peacetime' in over two decades. Where is all this money going to? 2 cents of every dollar goes to the charity fund. Which, is funding the Ugandan military and government, who aren't all too legitimate to begin with.

First mentioned fighting a war with publicity and protest, then ending it with funding the military for violent intervention. End of the day, children will die, regardless. Kony is on his last legs.

Reply #60 Posted: March 09, 2012, 12:11:54 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Put it into perspective, at least broncos is making a truthful statement, that most of us are all guilty of not doing, we like to think we care, all good to sit at the computer and talk about it and how bad it all is bla bla bla, but no one on here is in africa giving up their first world luxuries or donating every spare cent you earn and living off rice!

It all comes back to one thing, all humans are selfish and even when you are helping others it is in essence selfish to ones emotions.

Anyway he stated his view so if he really doesn't care he won't care about this thread.

Reply #61 Posted: March 09, 2012, 12:24:27 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: DeeUnit;1474126
Protest was primo in the 60s, pretty much dead today.

Tell that to Egypt.

Reply #62 Posted: March 09, 2012, 04:52:37 pm

Offline swindle

Quote from: DeeUnit;1474126
Protest was primo in the 60s, pretty much dead today

Quote from: Bell;1474158
Tell that to Egypt.

Fucking lol'd

Reply #63 Posted: March 09, 2012, 04:53:43 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: deanox;1474129
Put it into perspective, at least broncos is making a truthful statement, that most of us are all guilty of not doing, we like to think we care, all good to sit at the computer and talk about it and how bad it all is bla bla bla, but no one on here is in africa giving up their first world luxuries or donating every spare cent you earn and living off rice!

It all comes back to one thing, all humans are selfish and even when you are helping others it is in essence selfish to ones emotions.

Anyway he stated his view so if he really doesn't care he won't care about this thread.

Christ the world isn't black and white, you don't either sit back being a selfish douche-bag or give up everything in your life.
According to all the development/aid skeptics unless you do everything perfectly and nothing negative ever happens and if you don't give up everything in your life and revoke all luxuries , you aren't really doing any good and are a douche-bag.

Reply #64 Posted: March 09, 2012, 05:00:55 pm

Offline swindle

Not the only douche-bag either.

Reply #65 Posted: March 09, 2012, 05:13:57 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
^ not sure where thats aimed

Quote from: Bell;1474161
Christ the world  isn't black and white, you don't either sit back being a selfish  douche-bag or give up everything in your life.
According to all the development/aid skeptics unless you do everything  perfectly and nothing negative ever happens and if you don't give up  everything in your life and revoke all luxuries , you aren't really  doing any good and are a douche-bag.

Not what I was getting at, but if you are gonna call someone out on a statement like that, are you justified to do so?

Reply #66 Posted: March 09, 2012, 06:00:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: deanox;1474168
Not what I was getting at, but if you are gonna call someone out on a statement like that, are you justified to do so?

Moot.

World is not black and white.

Reply #67 Posted: March 09, 2012, 06:04:16 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
Moo

I care a little more than you do, so you are a douche bag! OK I get it now. GG

Reply #68 Posted: March 09, 2012, 06:14:16 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: deanox;1474168

Sorry then what what were you trying to get at?
If you asking me if I'm justified to call out Broncos I guess you are asking if I just sit at my computer and do nothing?
I haven't done that much I must admit but I donate now and then to places like MSF and I did donate to IC because I'd like to see what their advocating work can lead to.
I'm also moving to Palestine in a couple of months and hoping to volunteer and work in the West Bank but i'll mostly just be supporting my girlfriend who is far more qualified to do useful work over there.

And no I will not be going there for selfless reasons It's not like I can do much anyway and obviously my girlfriend is the major factor but also the cultural experience interests me but hopefully I can do some tiny positive things or atleast learn something.
Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:42:04 pm by Bell

Reply #69 Posted: March 09, 2012, 06:33:53 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: swindle;1474098
This is a pretty funny post if you think about it.

Uganda conflict... "BAM" Asset sales!
Even made me SALTS.

Reply #70 Posted: March 09, 2012, 06:49:05 pm

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473900
The US have advisors there that we don't want them to pull out, our goverment would probbably participate if under pressure aswell but we have our own financial problems. Which Mr. Key sale of state assests isn't the solution.

@baldy: With the 2012 elections this probbably become a policy with one of the parties involved, it just needs enough attention and pressure.

lol bl on that one, they are already there looking for him regardless of there being no oil.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-14/africa/world_africa_africa-obama-troops_1_obama-orders-south-sudan-central-african-republic?_s=PM:AFRICA

Reply #71 Posted: March 09, 2012, 09:01:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Cowwie;1474203
lol bl on that one, they are already there looking for him regardless of there being no oil.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-14/africa/world_africa_africa-obama-troops_1_obama-orders-south-sudan-central-african-republic?_s=PM:AFRICA

That wasn't search and destroy. Officials were sent over to train the Ugandan army in hopes that they would find him themselves.

Look at the date., Oct 2011.

Reply #72 Posted: March 09, 2012, 09:32:19 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Like RB said they are there to give 'advice' / training, KONY 2012's first demand was for the US troops already there to stay till the capture of Joseph Kony. By KONY 2012 persuading students to put pressure on the government, I doubt Obama will pull them out if he wants to run for a second term.

Reply #73 Posted: March 10, 2012, 07:57:24 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Watching a whole group of young americans chanting one thing?

Indoctrination is alive and well in the world.

Reply #74 Posted: March 10, 2012, 11:36:15 am
I am now banned from GetSome