Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline ILoveMescaline

• I Posted!
  • ILoveMescaline has no influence.
I can just imagine the future of battlefield if we extrapolate the 'progress' they made from BF2 --> BF3:

BF4!!! New Features:
  • No squads - No need to worry about pesky squadmates again!
  • No teams - Players with highest K/D now win!
  • Customizable camouflage for your combat-knife - download 50 great additional camouflage options for your knife for only $19.99 each!
  • Regenerating ammo - No more dependence on others!
  • No classes - Now have the option of having both your favorite sniper rifle and your favorite RPG
  • Kill-locater - New in Battlefield 4! Reveals the exact real-time position of the player who killed you on minimap and HUD. The ultimate payback!!!!
  • Great maps - Play on the default map 'Operation choke-point' or if you want more variety download new maps for only $59.00 US per map!
  • Downloadable expansions - Coming up: Back to Metro, Return to Tehran Highway, Operation M320 spam.
  • MOAR dogtags!! - Because you can NEVER have enough dog-tags!!!!!!
[/I]

Reply #25 Posted: July 18, 2012, 07:39:50 pm

Minecraft: JLB222

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
Quote from: trace;1494556
Glad i didn't buy premium. Looks like i won't be buying ea games for a long time to come.
ngaf cos one post dont mean shit .....

Reply #26 Posted: July 18, 2012, 07:41:29 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
  • [∞]MadMike has no influence.
^^ long time viewer first time poster :D

Having played the whole series there have been some good improvements and a lot of bad. as each one has come out everyone has bitched and complained, BF2 was one of the worst and everyone saying they would never go from Vietnam to it... strangely it ended up being the all time best of the lot for comp and Pub play... perhaps. just perhaps the next one will think about comp play, Strangely it was also the one where you had to pray for hit reg and 1 out of 10 games it actually worked... I will buy it just to find out. I wont rage quit and sell my rig this time though cause thats just been very expensive lol

Reply #27 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:15:00 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
ill wait for you lot to play it and wait for the reviews.  not going to rush and buy it.  if the old boy is pleased then hell froze over and they made all the improvements required to make it epic

Reply #28 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:27:52 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Waiting for others to buy it won't really help fairy.

During the first week of release the reviews will be all praise because everyone has been hyping themselves up for over a year their brains can't comprehend anything being bad yet.
1 month later some people will start complaining but others will tell them they just aren't playing it right.
3 months later everyone will unanimously say the game was shit.

Happens everytime.

Reply #29 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:35:55 pm

Offline ILoveMescaline

• I Posted!
  • ILoveMescaline has no influence.
I just hope they don't dumb the game down any more! The team-aspect of all the previous BF games is missing in BF3 and I think lack of in-game VOIP is mainly to blame. If BF3 had a working VOIP, non-regenerating health/vehicles and a few better maps then I would call it 'a good game'. I still enjoy BF3 but it doesn't compare to the past BF titles and for me personally (flame away!) I enjoyed 2142 the most as (like Matt said) it was so well balanced and the teamwork was there.

I'll probably give BF4 a shot but if the series goes downhill any more then I'm sadly I think my BF days will be over.

Also, bring back the commander FFS! :)
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:43:54 pm by ILoveMescaline

Reply #30 Posted: July 18, 2012, 08:40:26 pm

Minecraft: JLB222

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: th3fairy;1494599
...then hell froze over ...

why must i be the one to freeze over?! why cant nos or mike freeze over for a change? :D

Reply #31 Posted: July 18, 2012, 09:06:07 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
  • brucewillis2 has no influence.
Quote from: ILoveMescaline;1494584
I can just imagine the future of battlefield if we extrapolate the 'progress' they made from BF2 --> BF3:

BF4!!! New Features:
  • No squads - No need to worry about pesky squadmates again!
[/I]

it already feels like that when you don't have voip. Spamming 'Q' on a support class in your squad to drop ammo, then you use the comma rose, then you have to stop and type it out in squad chat, then you have to start shooting at them and jump up and down in front of them. That's when they finally type "Stop blocking my view"

FU*K!!!! give me some ammo you useless piece of sh*t!

Reply #32 Posted: July 18, 2012, 09:46:04 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
^^ shit that made me LOL. so true.

Reply #33 Posted: July 18, 2012, 10:47:42 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
You know what I think?

Reply #34 Posted: July 18, 2012, 11:20:29 pm

Offline trace

• I Posted!
  • trace has no influence.
and before you know it battlefield 4 premium with gold ak's. user's get day1 access to medal of honor shitstorm beta

Reply #35 Posted: July 18, 2012, 11:59:36 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
So this post is up on reddit, Crash is one of Dices community managers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/wpzyo/battlefield_4_beta_official_information/

What is most interesting is the last edit and also the top comment.

Reply #36 Posted: July 19, 2012, 02:55:03 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
^ This reminds me of when they said they were developing BF3 for PC and porting it to console..............*insert tui ad*

Reply #37 Posted: July 19, 2012, 08:21:53 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
well apart from all the haters - I like BF3 - yes it has some rage-tastic moments and yes it is a grind to get all those unlocks (especially when I only use about 3-4 on a regular basis) but its still fun.

Reply #38 Posted: July 19, 2012, 08:26:59 am

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1494635
So this post is up on reddit, Crash is one of Dices community managers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/wpzyo/battlefield_4_beta_official_information/

What is most interesting is the last edit and also the top comment.

That is nothing new unfortunately.

Reply #39 Posted: July 19, 2012, 08:42:16 am
sila.

Offline MindRiotNz

• Just settled in
  • MindRiotNz has no influence.
learnt my lesson from bf3.. do not want. The franchise is dead to me ;(

Reply #40 Posted: July 19, 2012, 09:53:10 am

"The internet is not something that you just dump something on. It\'s not a big truck. It\'s, it\'s a series of tubes."

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Dead horse beating, shame on you EA

Reply #41 Posted: July 19, 2012, 11:52:06 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
It will be interesting to see what 'lessons' EA has learned, and i certainly won't be holding my breath for a return to a BF2 style of gameplay.

Reply #42 Posted: July 19, 2012, 12:58:34 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
^^ You will never see that return, BF2 is old school. you never roll the clock back. especially that far. Time change and so do the games, Trick is to roll with it or get old.... I(f you want a game thats exactly like BF2 the solution is simple. go play BF2 that game has already been made.

Reply #43 Posted: July 19, 2012, 01:12:16 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Still, all they have to do is remake BF2 using the FB2 engine, a bunch of maps and we'd all be amped as fuck.

Back to Karkand doesn't count

Reply #44 Posted: July 19, 2012, 01:48:41 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
They did... BF3 was a fail attempt at remaking BF2 using the new engine. well not so fail actually. it uses the new engine and all the new toys. map design and some stupid shit that would be good if you could turn it off for comps and scrims would make it a hell of a lot better, and big maps where all the bases aren't just piled into the middle of it.

Reply #45 Posted: July 19, 2012, 03:04:34 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Nostargate;1494643
^ This reminds me of when they said they were developing BF3 for PC and porting it to console..............*insert tui ad*

Yea, reading through the comments after I posted that made me lol. Such non-committal comments from the Dice fellow, and a whole lot of "We have taken note of your feedback" and "Hopefully we can do this". We shall see in time, certainly will not be getting my hopes up, or making a pre-order. Besides, in the end, Modern Military Shooters are so over done that I don't if I can be bothered with another.

Reply #46 Posted: July 19, 2012, 03:36:43 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: '[∞
MadMike;1494698']They did... BF3 was a fail attempt at remaking BF2 using the new engine. well not so fail actually. it uses the new engine and all the new toys. map design and some stupid shit that would be good if you could turn it off for comps and scrims would make it a hell of a lot better, and big maps where all the bases aren't just piled into the middle of it.

So they did try to remake BF2, but with different everything.

Reply #47 Posted: July 19, 2012, 03:47:13 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
Pretty much :D

Reply #48 Posted: July 19, 2012, 03:49:09 pm

Offline Flannel

• Just settled in
  • Flannel has no influence.
Bring back tracer dart.

Meh, il buy it anyway.

Reply #49 Posted: July 19, 2012, 04:04:02 pm