Topic: Insurance

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's sad when something happens like this, but it also shows how important it is to have insurance. I don't blame them for not having it (It can be expensive), but people need to understand what not having insurance means.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8167033/Elderly-couple-lose-everything-in-fire

If my house burnt it down it would suck, but really the only irrreplaceble thing I have is photos (and if I wanted I could have an offsite backup for all my photos). Everything else is just stuff I can just buy again (with the insurance money).

Posted: January 11, 2013, 10:31:58 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Alright NZ, time to show your colours.

We can spend $80,000 on a stupid penguin that probably got eaten by a Orca the second it was released so I think we can help these 2 out.

Someone post a bank account when someone makes it.

Reply #1 Posted: January 11, 2013, 10:54:49 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I suppose they could live on the family farm.

"The couple's son, Clive Hartley, who lives on the family farm, was at the property when the fire struck."

Reply #2 Posted: January 11, 2013, 11:45:02 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I see that they could not get insurance after the September Earthquake, sad.

The Insurance companies should still do insurance for fire. I don't understand why insurance comapnies don't want to give people in Christchurch insurance anymore.

Reply #3 Posted: January 11, 2013, 12:15:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Because then they'd have a lot of high-risk clients and would end up paying out more than they would be bringing in pushing premiums higher for everyone.

Reply #4 Posted: January 11, 2013, 12:20:28 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1514192
Someone post a bank account when someone makes it.

No.

They didn't have insurance, "oops I forgot" is real convenient when NZ media is pointing a microphone at you asking why the fuck didn't you have insurance?

I don't have contents at the moment, but everything here minus my blue ted is replaceable, and in an event of a fire while I was here to rescue said ted, I'd probably be in my room and probably be killed anyway.

next flat (10 days) I'm going to get insurance, cause area.

I know a silly bitch who lives out that way who could have done with a good old house burning down too.

FUCK OFF I HAD A SHIT WEEK.

Reply #5 Posted: January 11, 2013, 06:39:28 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1514238
They didn't have insurance, "oops I forgot" is real convenient when NZ media is pointing a microphone at you asking why the fuck didn't you have insurance?

FUCK OFF I HAD A SHIT WEEK.

If you read the thread, you'd see they couldn't get insurance post the ChCh earthquakes - like a hell of a lot of people in ChCh at the moment.  That's why the fuck they didn't have insurance.

And your week was probably not as shit as theirs, given they a) couldn't get insurance and b) had their house and possessions destroyed by a fire that wasn't their fault.

Quote from: Retardobot;1514201
Because then they'd have a lot of high-risk clients and would end up paying out more than they would be bringing in pushing premiums higher for everyone.

But isn't the only change to earthquake, landslide and flood damage risk?  They could at least offer insurance that includes fire risk (which must be one of the most common ways to lose a house).

Reply #6 Posted: January 11, 2013, 07:48:55 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1514238
No.

Read thread/link, shit-tank.

Reply #7 Posted: January 11, 2013, 07:50:50 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BeNZene;1514247
If you read the thread, you'd see they couldn't get insurance post the ChCh earthquakes - like a hell of a lot of people in ChCh at the moment.  That's why the fuck they didn't have insurance.

And your week was probably not as shit as theirs, given they a) couldn't get insurance and b) had their house and possessions destroyed by a fire that wasn't their fault.

No.

"They have no insurance after letting it lapse while they were in Australia helping their son build a home."

Whoops.

Reply #8 Posted: January 11, 2013, 08:02:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1514250
No.

"They have no insurance after letting it lapse while they were in Australia helping their son build a home."

Whoops.

Then, if you carry on reading that same line:

"When the September quake happened, they were unable to reinsure."

They weren't idiots who rode the coattails of "she'll be right mate". They had insurance, they forgot about it whilst they were out of the country and were unable to get it back once the quake-shit started.

Reply #9 Posted: January 11, 2013, 08:08:53 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Just reading all the feedback on the Stuff story website.

It's the insurance companies fault apparently.

Edit:

Haha retardo.

I let my policy lapse, the insurance co declines to issue another policy because I'm a bad risk, my house burns down, and it's someone else's fault?

Also, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me all about the family farm.
Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:15:34 pm by Zarkov

Reply #10 Posted: January 11, 2013, 08:10:14 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

wut

I'm not pointing the finger.

Reply #11 Posted: January 11, 2013, 08:19:16 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Dude they will probably only get 15mil from the sale of the family farm, hardly enough to get them back on their feet.

Reply #12 Posted: January 11, 2013, 08:24:46 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1514250
No.

Whoops.

A) As per Retardobot.  

B) If you actually read the story it is about two families.   Its the second ones (the Throsby's) who I have more sympathy for as they don't have a family farm and the mother was employed at the egg factory which was also burnt down.  No mention of them having let their policy lapse.

Reply #13 Posted: January 11, 2013, 09:02:55 pm

Offline Thor

• Just settled in
  • Thor has no influence.
and the dog that survived it was called Diesel

Reply #14 Posted: January 11, 2013, 09:18:59 pm
Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BeNZene;1514261
B) If you actually read the story it is about two families.   Its the second ones (the Throsby's) who I have more sympathy for as they don't have a family farm and the mother was employed at the egg factory which was also burnt down.  No mention of them having let their policy lapse.

When I read the article this morning at work that 2nd article wasn't there, I apologise.

I do have a little more sympathy for the thornberry's, but we did have an earthquake, it like fucked stuff up and was on the news for ages, these things happen.

Reply #15 Posted: January 11, 2013, 09:19:02 pm

Offline Thor

• Just settled in
  • Thor has no influence.
Quote from: Retardobot;1514192

We can spend $80,000 on a stupid penguin that probably got eaten by a Orca the second it was released so I think we can help these 2 out.

qft, but kiwis wont. Caring about the wildlife is all good but it seems we care more about animals than we do our follow people.

Reply #16 Posted: January 11, 2013, 09:40:19 pm
Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses