Topic: Django Unchained

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Score: I dunno/10

Django Unchained is an oddly compelling, but ridiculously long movie about a freed slave who becomes a bounty hunter and tries to find his slave wife.

It is basically a western with slavery.

Pros:
Quite funny in parts
Ultra violent - spaghetti western, woop!
Has some surprising historical accuracies (Leonardo Di Caprio basically stating, verbatim, the 1850 American Psychology Manual about the inferiority of black people)
Lovable Characters

Cons:
Really long
Ultra violent - it practically turns into Scarface at one point, which just seems so random
Weird music - The music changes to all sorts of weird genres at different times

Actors
Jamie Foxx
Leonardo di Caprio (as a bad guy)
Samuel L Jackson (as a bad guy as well)

Posted: January 27, 2013, 02:46:18 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
It was awesome.

Too short is my only complaint.

Fucking awesome.

Reply #1 Posted: January 27, 2013, 11:53:15 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I never understand why anyone would think a movie being really long is a bad thing.

The longer the better I say.

I susgest everyone to read Tiwa's post from the bottom line first.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1516109
Samuel L Jackson (as a bad guy as well)
Leonardo di Caprio (as a bad guy)
Jamie Foxx

Actors
Weird music - The music changes to all sorts of weird genres at different times
Ultra violent - it practically turns into Scarface at one point, which just seems so random
Really long

Cons:
Lovable Characters
Has some surprising historical accuracies (Leonardo Di Caprio basically stating, verbatim, the 1850 American Psychology Manual about the inferiority of black people)
Ultra violent - spaghetti western, woop!
Quite funny in parts

Pros:
It is basically a western with slavery.

Django Unchained is an oddly compelling, but ridiculously long movie about a freed slave who becomes a bounty hunter and tries to find his slave wife.

Score: I dunno/10
Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:31:38 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #2 Posted: January 27, 2013, 02:26:06 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Not sure how any of the cons are cons really. I thought it was a great movie. It did tend to drag its feet a bit in the middle, but the ending stuff was pretty strong.

Reply #3 Posted: January 27, 2013, 03:56:38 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: toofast;1516131
Not sure how any of the cons are cons really. I thought it was a great movie. It did tend to drag its feet a bit in the middle, but the ending stuff was pretty strong.

Everything has cons. Those were the only cons I could think of.
Oh! I forgot a con!

Con: Made by Quentin Tarantino

As you can see, the cons arent super bad. Some of the music in parts just seemed really random. And I was really hoping he would win that shootout

There isnt a single scene in the movie that isnt really really well done.
Except for the snippity snip one
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1516126
I susgest everyone to read Tiwa's post from the bottom line first.
You could be onto something there

Reply #4 Posted: January 27, 2013, 04:25:14 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1516135
Everything has cons. Those were the only cons I could think of.
Oh! I forgot a con!

Con: Made by Quentin Tarantino

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.

HOW DARE YOU

Reply #5 Posted: January 27, 2013, 05:35:33 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Tiwa, mate. No.

Reply #6 Posted: January 27, 2013, 06:12:27 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I thought the random gangster music was awesome.

When you have a black man kicking ass you need gangster music.

Loved the humour. Especially around Djangos choice of costume.

Reply #7 Posted: January 27, 2013, 07:00:57 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
As soon as the main character (as far as I was concerned) died the movie should have rolled credits, screw django and his stupid bitch ass revenge that was never worth making a movie about.

One of these people was amazingly awesome, the other is Jamie Foxx.

Reply #8 Posted: February 03, 2013, 08:26:45 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Black Heart;1516784
As soon as the main character (as far as I was concerned) died the movie should have rolled credits, screw django and his stupid bitch ass revenge that was never worth making a movie about.

You and I should be best friends.

Best Friend

Reply #9 Posted: February 03, 2013, 08:37:24 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I liked this movie.

Reply #10 Posted: February 03, 2013, 08:43:25 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1516126
I never understand why anyone would think a movie being really long is a bad thing.

The longer the better I say.

This Is 40 renders this assertion as totally false.

Reply #11 Posted: February 17, 2013, 01:20:58 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;1516784

One of these people was amazingly awesome, the other is Jamie Foxx.

Almost all of tarantino's movies have a point where they go from good to absurd/weird, when Christoph Waltz's char dies, that was that point - i'd have said from a good story to a modern cluster f-fest. CW fully deserved acting awards IMO, was the best parts.

Reply #12 Posted: February 17, 2013, 08:29:43 am
- badfox

Offline Tiwaking!

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #13 Posted: February 26, 2013, 01:10:27 pm