Topic: First Impressions

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mycoolcar;1532354
Shit mang. Did you play all night?

You've racked up over 6 hours?

Reply #25 Posted: October 02, 2013, 02:10:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Day off to play. Pew pew.

Reply #26 Posted: October 02, 2013, 03:46:30 pm

Offline Krekor

• Just settled in
  • Krekor has no influence.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1532352
I want to unlock C4 so I can do jihad lifts! I wonder if you could throw a claymore in the lift?
Recon has C4 by default now

Reply #27 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:04:13 pm
s8.Krekor
^42U^Gregor
DMZ|Gregor
NZC_Gregor

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
wait so I cant get C4 with my ammo pack?

Reply #28 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:14:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Krekor;1532473
Recon has C4 by default now

hopefully Recon can throw C4 again - like BC2 Assault snipering fun times (I really didn't have fun with C4 in BF3)

Reply #29 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:18:28 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: Growler;1532348

Oh and I am so gonna go on noob toob rampages :D

You have me here, miss our CG bromance

Reply #30 Posted: October 03, 2013, 10:28:35 am

Offline Growler

Quote from: Nostargate;1532531
You have me here, miss our CG bromance

Come, we can make it blossom again.... the rage will be large, the lols will be fun and the crying will be worth it.

We need to find a dedicated bitch to be out C4/Ammo whore. They will also have the glorious title of the beep beep leader for Jihad Jeep Noob Toob Adventures

Reply #31 Posted: October 03, 2013, 12:34:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
armor seems twitchy although turret speed seems ok, ballistic arc with Tank Ap rounds is similar to BF3 but no ranging hashes ?  had several Jav's lobbed at me but defeated all with IR smoke.  drove MBT off 2nd story landing and landed right side up with no damage ...WTF ? 2 x AP rounds to set a jeep on fire - pathetic

very laggy on Aus servers, not impressed

Reply #32 Posted: October 03, 2013, 01:24:47 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
need to be bluer and MOAR LENZ FLAIR!

Reply #33 Posted: October 03, 2013, 04:33:02 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I rolled back my drivers to try and sort out the fps issues and now it's just stuck on the loading screen :/

Reply #34 Posted: October 03, 2013, 05:23:45 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It is now inexplicably working :|

Reply #35 Posted: October 03, 2013, 05:38:27 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I finally got some spare time, played a few rounds had a few crashes and so far no stats have been added on to my character since I played one round earlier in the week. But I like the feel, getting some low fps with explosions and stuff I may need to upgrade my 6950 2gb, for some more video memory, or maybe try out crossfire?

Reply #36 Posted: October 03, 2013, 09:35:56 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Growler

you running the beta driver avatar? I have 6950 and fps is pretty solid (acceptable)

Reply #37 Posted: October 03, 2013, 10:10:23 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Growler;1532577
you running the beta driver avatar? I have 6950 and fps is pretty solid (acceptable)

What are you getting? I'm only getting around 30 and lag out often. Although it probs my cpu bottlenecking (i5 760)

Edit: Same graphics card btw.
Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:37:16 pm by EnjoyTheSauce

Reply #38 Posted: October 03, 2013, 10:17:28 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
First impressions:  60 fps but constant stutter and rubber banding.  Lost the count how many times it's crashed so far.

Sniping is next to impossible with the stutter but hey, it's a beta.

no commander mode yet ;/

+ VOIP that works.

Reply #39 Posted: October 03, 2013, 10:31:36 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
Battlepacks are pretty gay.! I should be able to work towards attachments I want not rely on battlepacks.

I got 4 xp boosts for my gold battlepack at lvl 10. useless!

Reply #40 Posted: October 03, 2013, 11:15:48 pm
iM

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I can now take out Helis with RPGs

I has a happy

Reply #41 Posted: October 04, 2013, 07:44:32 am

Offline mattnz

Yep, RPGs are a lot quicker now. Tanks shells are crazy slow though.

Also that tower is way to easy to take down. Pillars should be in a basement, or somewhere defensible.

Reply #42 Posted: October 04, 2013, 10:04:31 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: mattnz;1532599
Yep, RPGs are a lot quicker now. Tanks shells are crazy slow though.

Also that tower is way to easy to take down. Pillars should be in a basement, or somewhere defensible.

Also the hit reg with the RPG seems to be better and the flight path is flatter/more predictable

in BF3 I couldn't hit a chopper with an RPG to save my life due to the funny flight path (the big drop in the first 50 metres and then slow drop always used to mess with my aim)

Reply #43 Posted: October 04, 2013, 10:55:39 am

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
unplayable for me on stock i5 2500k/570gtx, cpu bottleneck and < 10fps

Reply #44 Posted: October 04, 2013, 11:14:34 am
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Growler

Quote from: Matt;1532604
unplayable for me on stock i5 2500k/570gtx, cpu bottleneck and < 10fps

I have 2500k @ 4.3 and 6950 and no issues.

Are you running latest beta drivers?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670085977700/

Also try this to make sure DX 11 is uptodate
-Run and install DirectX from this location: Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\directx\redist

Also, delete your setting and start the game as a virgin again. remove everything from the folder! Certain sound settings have caused issues as they are not implemented.
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

Reply #45 Posted: October 04, 2013, 11:53:42 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

People also reporting significant gains in WIN 8!

Reply #46 Posted: October 04, 2013, 12:00:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1532608
People also reporting significant gains in WIN 8!

fuck that

Reply #47 Posted: October 04, 2013, 12:25:51 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
I'm not having luck with it, might try deleting the settings contents later but since it's an acknowledged issue there's a potential they push a fix before beta ends so I can have a crack.

Reply #48 Posted: October 04, 2013, 12:51:17 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Matt;1532612
I'm not having luck with it, might try deleting the settings contents later but since it's an acknowledged issue there's a potential they push a fix before beta ends so I can have a crack.

Yeah running like arse for me too. (i5 2500k @ 4.4 + 670FTW + latest drivers etc). I can get 100fps on Med / Low but it drops to ~ 10 Fps here and there, usually when I least need it to.

Reply #49 Posted: October 04, 2013, 01:55:52 pm