Topic: What we do in Shadows

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Just got back from seeing this movie. I was expecting a "New Zealand Bad therefore Good" movie and was very pleased.

The plot revolves around a flat of four Vampires who live in Wellington. They range in ages from 139 - 8000.

It is basically a New Zealand mockumentary of Vampires. You can check out their YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeliciousNecks

For Vampire lore people the movie is full of all the cliches: No reflection, cant enter without invitation, no aging, hypnotism, flying, wall crawling, shape changing, cant stand crosses, burnt by sunlight and silver. And blood drinking. Oh and Vampires sired from other vampire blood.

For Vampire movie people it is full of hilarious stabs at the classics: Nosferatu, Bran Stokers Dracula, Dracula: Dead and Loving It. The funniest bit is when they make a new vampire who tells everyone in a nightclub that he is "That guy from Twilight"

Anyone who lives in Wellington will recognise all the places they go to. It was funny to see the Victoria Bowling Club transformed into the "Cathedral of Despair"

Posted: July 06, 2014, 10:54:19 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Still keen to see this, and forgot it was on with all this Transformers bullshit spamming the cinemas... Thanks for the reminder Tiwa!

Reply #1 Posted: July 08, 2014, 09:42:38 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Still keen to see this, and forgot it was on with all this Transformers bullshit spamming the cinemas... Thanks for the reminder Tiwa!
The only negative I have about this movie is that it has flying people in it and I dislike flying people movies i.e Wuxia.

The special effects were surprisingly good though. Like, "The Frighteners" level good.

There is a quite funny wall crawling fight in it. It looked a bit like this:

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity

Reply #2 Posted: July 08, 2014, 04:25:18 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
Can't believe this still isn't available on the pirate bay.

Reply #3 Posted: July 29, 2014, 05:36:19 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Because pirates have no taste.

Reply #4 Posted: July 29, 2014, 05:39:04 pm