Topic: Machine Attacks [Discussion thread]

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Machine attacks is an MvM series of episodes that push you to your limits.

With quirky puzzles and story lines you play through. This series is made up of 16 episodes.

As you scroll down this page, you will see information on each episode.
While playing the episodes, you may notice slight language and spelling issues. Please remember that the maker of them is not fluent in english.

If you notice random glitches or areas that do not move on, make a /report or start a thread in this forum.

This is a discussion & update thread.

Check out our other Machine attacks threads for episode and update information.
EPISODES 1 > 8
EPISODES 9 > 16

Premium Upgrade GUI
You will want to update the gui to ensure you get your premium upgrades properly .
DOWNLOAD LINK

Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:05:42 pm by Gutty

Posted: September 13, 2014, 02:29:50 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
ep7 out today. will be updating as soon as poss. lol 3-5 hours to complete! GL!

Reply #1 Posted: September 15, 2014, 11:00:01 am

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
I know what I'm doing tonight :o

Reply #2 Posted: September 15, 2014, 01:15:18 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Harvesting trees with gutty :D

Reply #3 Posted: September 15, 2014, 02:28:52 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
  • Einsenhauer has no influence.
Is it safe for me to comment in this section? I can provide walkthrough for it all to help assist players in the future reference best as I can, for I am often in Machine Attack episodes when I am done from work and errands.

Reply #4 Posted: September 16, 2014, 06:22:18 pm

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
Feel free to chuck a walk through here if you want

Reply #5 Posted: September 16, 2014, 06:45:35 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Hi einsen. Thanks. We would love a good walk through.  Once done il update the main post.

If you would also like to make any other suggestions please do.

Reply #6 Posted: September 16, 2014, 07:50:04 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Much appreciated! Right now I'm collecting credits information so I can get that starters for those who are reading. Otherwise, the walkthrough is being made as we speak.

And yes! Suggestions are on the way too, especially for Machine Attacks. Machine Attack is such an outstanding thing to play to pass time, however glitches and bugs occurs regularly because of the timing. Out of topic, but I post that in the suggestion forum right? Don't want to be warned. xD

Reply #7 Posted: September 17, 2014, 07:31:32 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
you are doing what you can to help out man so any bugs or problems, send to me in a private message.
if its a map issue, in most cases we cannot do anything but let the map maker know so they can work on it.

as for the walk through, make a new thread for it and you can update the first post when you want to update it

Reply #8 Posted: September 17, 2014, 09:54:19 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Hey Gutty,

I'm still working on the walkthrough with tips and hints included.

However, it is coming to my attention to post here it's best to suggest the voting menu to restart the map over, especially in ep7. It is a minor bug/glitch the creators of the Machine Attack has left and cannot fix. I wouldn't want to post this abruptly, but what happened the command !calladmin players can use to contact admins?

I may not known what is the reason voting is disabled, RTV is only allowing to have the current map to return to Machine Attack Ep1 and most people likes to finish what they started off at.

Reply #9 Posted: September 23, 2014, 09:28:19 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Ok I could look at adding voting back in for machine attacks. The trouble with voting is that people come on and call a vote. This anoys everyone else or most who may be  happy with whats running. 
Yea there are bugs in the maps. If you could tell me them it could be fixable.  How well do you know how waves are setup?

As for the calladmin command we haven't had it. It was !call but it if you read the latest newsletter it's now /report but the system is still yet to be finished.

Thanks for your feedback.  Add me on steam

Reply #10 Posted: September 23, 2014, 11:12:44 am

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Good Evening Gutty,

Thanks for the response. I'm not close finishing what I needed for the guide, and it would take me more time finishing what I wanted to add. Probably next week I'll have the walkthrough up.

I know how that feels. In another server voting option was left primary for others to use those whom are bored of Machine Attack, or to get back into Machine Attack series. I wouldn't reckoned adding vote which Machine Attack to go to, however, I know Episode 4, 6 and 7 are commonly have scripture timing wrong which is understandable players can vote to the next episode.

I'm a bit confused when you mentioned "how the waves are setup". I know Machine Attack back of my head like that, and how it is dealt. If it's scripture you ask, it's pretty much just the timing and I've contacted the redclan of these three episodes players are huge fond of playing into only the creators can deal with. Otherwise, it's the creator's problem and must be addressed.

However, voting menu would be a good start!

And I'm sorry I didn't get to see the news about the command. I'll keep it on the lookout now. So, whenever I do /report just go to other, right? Don't want to make it feel like unnecessary.

---

I found out the problems why is it Ep7 consecutively not allowing us to go fight the sniper. The assistant !kcuS uoY visit and told me in the chatbox saying we need to download the updated one in Gamebanana and should be named as mvm_machine_attack_ep7-3.bsp.
Proof of me speaking with the assistant (I honestly don't want to get BS'ed saying I lied):
http://i57.tinypic.com/2pyqljl.jpg

Reply #11 Posted: September 23, 2014, 04:09:17 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
yeah ok will get that latest version of ep7.

Don't rush the walk through, so that you know its properly done. Don't feel rushed.

when I mentioned about 'waves setup' I mean have you seen how population files are setup?
if there is an issue within the map that's not fixable unless red can do it. however the bots and money can be controlled, not that I want to mess around with it, was just saying.

do you chat with red and kcus often?

Reply #12 Posted: September 23, 2014, 07:00:24 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Alright. I think you heard a lot of complaint from me how BS the batteries are now. Only a Demo can shoot it afar, no longer Engineer, Soldier etc who uses shotgun to guide it further up top.

It's alright. I might add more into it if I remember any. The walkthrough is just simple, Hint and Tips are useful and I don't want to overload it some with people, for we all have a class we want to play. XD

I've been looking into .pop files how it has been going on and boy, the Sniper is totally OP range. I'm not a big expert on it, so my questions still goes into the creators and the assistant.

I mean, this!? REALLY? MaxVisionRange 99999999 is scripted! BWHAHAHA.

*Ahem* But uh, no I don't talk to them daily, for our time differences is hard to communicate. I see only !kcuS ouY at nightime, and able to speak Redclan (whenever they can understand my message) biweekly.

Reply #13 Posted: September 24, 2014, 05:36:46 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
EP8 added
Other Ep's have been updated, info to come.

because some maps have been updated, they havent made the a different map name, so you will find you get the "missing map" error.

to solve this, delete the machine attacks maps from either or both of the following:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps

This will allow the updated map to download.
Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:26:53 pm by Gutty

Reply #14 Posted: September 25, 2014, 08:50:13 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
*Spoilers for Episode 8 for situations*

Spoiler :
Episode 8 is a regular 10-waves enormous gigantic MVM map with tanks, OP snipers and wide-spread of robots.

That's beside the point! To my personal reference based on playing this...

Spoiler :
For those who had yet to played Episode 8 and is reading this spoiler, be prepared for a crash. You will be fighting the Heavy bot who has 4-5 forms before beating the episode. Just like Jakete, he has crits and whenever he shoots, he shoots triple fast and kill you. However, if you don't have a strong PC/Laptop to handle the massive lag at his before and last form boss fight, you will crash or be timed-out. I don't know will it be any problems with high-powered PC/laptops or any other players, I've experienced this with friends and other players numerous of times and crashed out of the game a lot. I've manage to come back only after the battle of the Heavy. With that said, keep this in mind. It has been reported to redclan about it.

Just wanting the people to know.
Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:25:45 pm by Einsenhauer

Reply #15 Posted: September 26, 2014, 08:16:37 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Oh really.  Crashes in a map is not good

Reply #16 Posted: September 26, 2014, 09:23:40 pm

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Yeah it's not good.

Episode 8 just came out yesterday I wasn't able to finish. This morning I managed to play it and all my friends crashed fighting the Heavy. I'll swing by the episode tomorrow again and see if its okay.

Reply #17 Posted: September 26, 2014, 09:32:50 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Again I have updated maps to fix errors from the creators, and yes, it is another hassle to delete your maps from the maps dir.

do the following to fix this..

to solve this, delete the machine attacks maps from either or both of the following:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps

This will allow the updated map to download.

Reply #18 Posted: September 27, 2014, 12:29:30 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator

Reply #19 Posted: October 06, 2014, 05:07:04 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Updated ep8 and ep9 popfile.
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:11:12 am by Gutty

Reply #20 Posted: October 11, 2014, 12:07:21 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Episode 10 is nearly done and will be released soon.

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/183363

I am not going to put the demo version up.

Reply #21 Posted: November 01, 2014, 11:00:16 am

Offline Einsenhauer

• I Posted!
Happy Halloween!

I've been away and was side-tracked. Episode 10 is out as DEMO, as in incomplete and is currently in progress making. However, if anyone has yet to experience the gameplay because a sever hosts for a small peak, but cannot beat it, here are some walk-through of my own.

MACHINE ATTACK EPISODE 10 DEMO [May re-edit post to remove spoilers for things will change.]

Spoiler :
You will start off the last part Episode 9 has ended. Dialogue will show explaining go into the vent. Destroy the vent and the fan before you enter, or else you will die and return back to spawn. Destroying the fan, enter the vent, you will arrive with two doorways blocked and a left side gate locked. At the white-fenced look doorway your very right, use anyone (preferable Soldier) who can splash attack destroying all the boxes and have an Engineer place his exit inside the doorway that shows a broken small hole fittable to put his teleporter in besides the brown gas barrels way. With entrance should be made, have a teammate go in and activate the controller. Help the trapped unit out by taking the exit and replace with the entrance for them to return out. If you look up, three vents is opened but go to the one between the green and white doors. Try your best try entering in, cause I can't seem to go pass it.

I am still encountering situations how to get into vents due to the collision 'blocking'. If anyone knows how to by-pass this, please do post. No magics are introduce in this episode. Otherwise, the middle vent will take you into the white-tealed building warehouse and destroy the button to open gates. Entering the gates closed gates, you are unable to return. You can upgrade whilst dialogue continues. You will deal with the bosses and a small-bit story before map ends.

It's for those who can host a server or servers host for sneak preview (which I doubt) to give a try.

It's a very interesting episode. Cannot wait for the full episode to come out.

Hope you all have a great time and be careful your way out there chaperoning children!

--

By any chance has anyone reported to you that Episode 8 still crashing players when fighting Spencer, Gutty? Cause with the update, I crashed horrendously regardless which server I am at. I know few friends also crash too whenever fighting the fourth version Spencer.

Reply #22 Posted: November 01, 2014, 02:56:56 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
No I haven't had any reported problems.

the only big one is the elevator going down with 10 players lol

Reply #23 Posted: November 01, 2014, 04:56:24 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
These servers are insanely good fun.

Reply #24 Posted: November 10, 2014, 06:57:13 pm