Topic: GETSOME TF2 NEWSLETTER #9 - FEBRUARY 2015

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Hi again!

So were back into the swing of things, school, uni/tech, work, bum...whatever you do... Seems this month just flew by.
Everything is running along nicely. Some random little changes but nothing over the top.

I have changed the deathrun(fun#3) server to multimod, running DeathRun, PropHunt and DodgeBall. It is now named as Multimod #1. I felt the numbers were low on deathrun and there needed to be a slight change to how it was going. So I have the multimod idea a go. Turns out its a real hit. I must admit, its great to be playing prophunt again :PropHunt
I am also looking at getting a multimod #2 server going, running zombie fortress and biohazard. so really its a zombie server. as both mods cater for a similar thing but run slightly different game play. It will be up at some stage, so keep an eye out for that.

We have now had VIP running for a couple of months now, and its still going well. Thanks to all those VIP members who are showing a bit of initiative and helping admins where they can be helped.

If you haven't refreshed yourself with the GetSome TF2 rules lately, I suggest you check them out. as there have been some additions or changes. The lenny face issue was added a while ago, and some general regulars are now permanent silence because they cannot control their bind finger. Just because you may think you are a regular to our servers, does not give you immunity to these systems.
I have also added LMAOBOX to the banned words list. you say it and you get banned, simple as that. If you have been banned by sayiong accidently then you need to file a ban submission in the bans forum. Then we can have a look at it and sort it out. The reason it's being triggered on the word, is because people spam the word by itself, and they were not getting picked up.

I am still looking at doing some adjustments to the mvm servers. That is a little down my list of things to be done, but it will be done eventually.
On the plus side, Episode 12 for machine attacks isnt that far away, so you mad machine attacks fans out there will be wanting to lap it up.
On the topic of machine attacks, stay tuned for an easter promotion regarding this. We have something that may be of interest to you.

Also on the thought of easter, there is another part of the promotion that you may want to enter, so keep your eyes peeled over the next week about what were doing for easter. It'll be fun!

STATS TIME AGAIN!!
General: 3163 (23832)
MvM: 5042 (47938)
Trade: 3350 (33051)
Fun: 2216 (19481)

This month's Total: 13771 (124302)
6 month's Total: 22535 (110531)
Fun #3 is now renamed and regrouped in its own group from now.
Not bad stats for the month, considering holiday time is over.

Over the next month or so, we may be looking for one or two admins, we will be looking at our VIP list first, then any applications we have on the forums. So if you feel you could be up for the job, and are up to our general standards listed in the application document, you might get a look in. feel free to apply.

From all the team of admins and VIP's. THANKS!

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator

Posted: February 27, 2015, 11:23:44 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I have also added LMAOBOX to the banned words list.

Sorry to hijack this thread but: Good news guys: LMAOBOX is officially dead.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3302787
LMAOBOX down: All versions now VAC detected, mass bannings, creator abandons project
Is it Christmas?

Updating OP with sources. All credit to the TF2 community on Reddit, Facepunch and Competitive TF2 sites.

-----o-----

(Image from LMAOBOX forums) Creator abandons project, now open source.

All versions have been detected, both Premium and Free.

(Image from LMAOBOX forums) Bannings and VAC detection goes as far back as at least January 2015.

Competitive community is having strong reaction, large number of high rank competitive players have been VAC banned.

This is a good day for the TF2 community.

Reply #1 Posted: May 01, 2016, 12:21:49 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
haha if its true, good shit

Reply #2 Posted: May 01, 2016, 09:03:16 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
So lets go look at all the GS TF2 regulars, and anyone who just got a VAC ban in the last day or two gets insta perm banned.

Reply #3 Posted: May 01, 2016, 11:40:17 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4 Posted: May 01, 2016, 11:43:24 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
146 Team Fortress 2 4vs4   Silver N.Amer   U:1:167638846   EVL mr64bit   team obvious hacker
Have to say this person had it coming.

Reply #5 Posted: May 01, 2016, 02:29:36 pm

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
  • Hoboneer has no influence.
RIP Getsome TF2 Monthly Newsletter

Reply #6 Posted: May 01, 2016, 03:58:54 pm
The real Hobo
The best Hobo