Topic: Re: GetSome.co.nz | ARK Server Issues with Cheating

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
  • Booflebuff has no influence.
I'm a regular player on the new ARK Survival Evolved GetSome server and I'd like to report some problems.

Recently there's been a spate of occurrences in which people have been transferring locally modified (see: cheated/hacked) characters and dinosaurs onto the server and then using them to wreak havoc on everyone else. This has occurred a number of times over the past week and its not only incredibly disruptive, but also extremely unfair to legitimate players who are putting in many many hours of game time to achieve their progress.

The matter has been mentioned several times in game chat to various administrators and repeated requests have been made that the "transfer character" option be disabled on the server so that these sorts of locally modified characters/dinosaurs cannot be brought onto the server. This is a very simple solution to the problem and would be very quick and easy to implement. I'm really not sure why this hasn't been done yet.

I don't have a complete list of names for people who are importing modified characters, but the most recent occurrence was today (18/06/2015) with an individual by the name of Iqdino (Bloated). This player brought a locally modified dinosaur onto the server and was using it to destroy the structures of legitimate players. This individual even admitted in global chat that his character/dinosaur had "glitched" locally and had 1300% or more melee attack damage and that he had then transferred it onto the server.

This sort of behaviour ruins the game for those of us who play legitimately and really shouldn't be tolerated. Not only should those individuals who engage in this conduct be punished for it, but the entire problem can be severely curtailed by disabling the option for server transfers. While server transfers are a neat option, the fact that this kind of ruinous activity continues to occur means that people obviously cannot be trusted not to abuse it and it should be disabled for the benefit of the server community.

With respect, please disable the option for character transfers to/from the server and do something about removing people who have already brought modified characters onto the server. They don't deserve to be here and they're ruining the game for the rest of us.

Thank you.
Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:36:39 am by Booflebuff

Posted: June 18, 2015, 08:57:10 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
They are definitely aware of the issue, and my understanding is action is being taken to resolve this.

Reply #1 Posted: June 18, 2015, 09:11:35 pm

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
They are definitely aware of the issue, and my understanding is action is being taken to resolve this.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am glad to hear that the issue is known and I look forward to a swift response.

Reply #2 Posted: June 18, 2015, 09:22:52 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
The next server update or restart will apply this fix, as there are currently 30 people in the server right now. I will not run a forced reset.

Reply #3 Posted: June 18, 2015, 09:36:21 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I have just tried to check to see if there is a way i can check players on the server and either remove them and their imports, but because everything is encrypted, nothing can be done.

if you find there are any of these guys still around let us know their steam name so we can look at banning them from the server. chances are there may be a few sleepers hiding in the bushes.

Reply #4 Posted: June 18, 2015, 09:43:51 pm

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
I appreciate you taking the time to reply Gutty.

Thanks very much for looking into the issue. I honestly believe the server will be a better gaming environment after the fix is applied :)

I'll keep an eye out for any other folks who managed to get in before the reset rolls around.

Thanks again.

Reply #5 Posted: June 18, 2015, 10:42:48 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Fix is now in.

Reply #6 Posted: June 19, 2015, 09:42:23 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
Hi Folks,

I noticed the post indicating the fix had been applied recently.

I was under the impression this fix was going to disable the option to transfer characters/dinos onto the server. I and a number of other people I play with checked at the Obelisks in game and at the moment transferring character/dinosaur data onto the server is still possible.

Could someone please clarify for me what the previously mentioned fix was intended to achieve? It doesn't appear at first glance to have affected character transfers in any way.

Additionally I would like to note in passing that the individual mentioned in my original post who publicly admitted to transferring in modified dinosaurs (and is apparently also using a modified character) is still playing on the server =/ I was given to understand that individuals such as these were going to be prevented from poisoning the gaming experience any further.

I am quite concerned that these issues will continue to impact detrimentally on the experience and enjoyment of myself and others and would appreciate some additional feedback if at all possible.

Thanks Very Much
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:57:58 pm by Booflebuff

Reply #7 Posted: June 19, 2015, 07:16:56 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
The fix, stops the transfer of char's into the server... and if there is already one in the server its not going to effect that player. Again, the users actual player name would really be helpful.

I will look into the issue of why its still transferring, right now

Reply #8 Posted: June 19, 2015, 07:58:47 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
rechecked and adjusted something, see if that solves the problem.

Reply #9 Posted: June 19, 2015, 08:07:02 pm

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
Hi Gutty, thanks for your attention.

Transfers look to still be active at this stage =/

Also, the user I was referring to is listed in my original post :) his Steam ID is Iqdino and his character name is Bloated.
Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:37:05 am by Booflebuff

Reply #10 Posted: June 19, 2015, 08:22:26 pm

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
Providing an update,

Iqdino (Bloated) has been on for the past several hours using his modified character (1300% melee damage, 300% movement speed, etc) to knock people out and lock them up. Several Admin's have been online for a significant amount of the time he has been playing and he has been very vocal in global chat about his activities, yet nothing has been done about it.

The level of impact this individual is having is just getting worse. He's affecting more and more people with his cheating and so far, he's been allowed to get away with it.

This is getting more than a little frustrating =/ I make yet another request that something PLEASE be done to curtail this kind of individual and their activities.

Thank You.

Reply #11 Posted: June 20, 2015, 12:55:30 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Yes we were watching him and his actions.

We have taken some steps to deal with this player, but we are unsure if they have stuck. only time will tell. I have also deleted this players actual profile on the server.

Like I mentioned, those imported players inside the server, will still be there until we work out the problem ones.

Reply #12 Posted: June 20, 2015, 01:48:43 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
boofle, please add me on steam, click on the steam icon under my name

Reply #13 Posted: June 20, 2015, 01:52:43 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Gutty, just ban him, he is playing to troll people not to play a survival game/.

Reply #14 Posted: June 20, 2015, 09:57:35 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Suca

• Game Server Admin
  • Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
I have been on with this troll as well, hasn't done anything to me but he is out to just annoy people rather then play

Reply #15 Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:51:04 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
We have taken some steps to deal with this player,

= banned.

Reply #16 Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:55:26 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Just to play devils advocate.

Griefing is a perfectly legitimate way to play on a server, unless its rules explicitly forbid it. Making people rage is possibly the best entertainment available on the internets.

Reply #17 Posted: June 21, 2015, 04:21:16 pm

Offline Booflebuff

• I Posted!
Just to play devils advocate.

Griefing is a perfectly legitimate way to play on a server, unless its rules explicitly forbid it. Making people rage is possibly the best entertainment available on the internets.

Hiya Lias,

I'm not really griping about griefing here as much as I am cheating. Griefing can sure be irritating, but you're absolutely right, its a valid playstyle. However, If the aforementioned gentleman had only been griefing, I wouldn't be here posting on the forum at all :)

Someone who levels up a character legitimately for the purpose of messing with other players, whilst not very nice, has worked hard to get to a point where they can do that, more power to them, have at it I say. Anyone who transfers in a character that has been modified to ridiculous levels of power that a legitimate player can't achieve, as the individual in question did, I tend to take a pretty dim view of. It's arguably more disruptive than griefing since he can perform it faster and sustain it longer, but that aside, its anti-competitive and completely bypasses the ruleset that every other player is forced to follow in order to progress.

It just isn't at all beneficial to have cheaters running around messing with people. In the long term, enough people will quit because they got raided by legitimate means. I don't think we want to add to this number through folks who cheated their characters out the wazoo.

Reply #18 Posted: June 22, 2015, 06:08:21 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
So we had someone we know try and insert a character from another server and it didn't work.  And they lost it. So we think that part is working.

As for the guy mentioned.  He came on to find a deleted character.  He then said he would go and make a version 2.0. Haven't seen him since.

Reply #19 Posted: June 22, 2015, 02:14:14 pm

Offline K0RPZ

• I Posted!
  • K0RPZ has no influence.
PM Me if you guys are in need of another server admin. I'm pretty much on all nights from 7-2/3am. There has been a lot of admin inquires during that time, and I used to admin some of your TF2 servers back in the ClearnetDeluxe/on3 days.

Just an idea, I think most people on the server can vouch for me as I've spent a lot of my time helping out newer players on the server.

Reply #20 Posted: June 26, 2015, 12:05:08 pm

Offline fearbots

• I Posted!
  • fearbots has no influence.
Server needs restarting I cant play and I'm on leave :(

Reply #21 Posted: June 26, 2015, 12:57:55 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I have triggered an update/restart

Reply #22 Posted: June 26, 2015, 01:04:25 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
  • Hoboneer has no influence.
Boofle has such professional responses. What a pro :)

Reply #23 Posted: January 13, 2016, 08:23:36 am
The real Hobo
The best Hobo

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Boofle has such professional responses. What a pro :)

Get a room!

Reply #24 Posted: January 13, 2016, 08:31:25 am