Topic: Invercargill Spring Rapid Chess Tournament 2017

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Tomorrow is the Invercargill Spring Rapid Chess Tournament. It is a 6 round, 20 minute rapid tournament so each player will play 6 people with 20 minutes per player.
http://www.southlandexpress.co.nz/sports/chess-competition-on-this-weekend/

The guy on this side of the photo is Gary, the original organizer of the Invercargill Chess Club.
The other guy in the sweater is Eddy from England.

I've played against Eddy three times and got demolished. I am sure he is invincible.

Anyway, if anyone is Invercargill the Invercargill Chess Club is located at 9 Tay St (Cornerstone Care Centre) on Fridays, 7pm-9pm. There are loads of chess noobs there and it is fun to play against them.

Posted: September 22, 2017, 05:06:05 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Here is the game I played against Eddy tonight. I got owned. Apparently the correct move was 14. g4
https://lichess.org/study/NYC8CNlG

Maybe I will get him next time.

Reply #1 Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:28:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
:o That's scary. Tiwa always owns me, and this guy owns him? MADNESS

Reply #2 Posted: September 23, 2017, 05:14:30 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

:o That's scary. Tiwa always owns me, and this guy owns him? MADNESS
Eddy crushed everyone. His game against Lewis was particularly brutal. A shame it was not recorded.
edit: Picture link

I won two games, lost two games, drew one game, and got a forfeit because my opponent didnt turn up.

The forfeit was quite annoying because I came to play me some chess and having no opponent means get 1 point but 0 XP.

Also, playing with clocks was interesting because I would sometimes forget to press the clock button and would wonder why my opponent was not moving their pieces.

Also, I was the only person recording games. When I registered the guy gave me some score sheets to fill in. Im just going through the games now. The two non-forfeit wins consisted of me eating every piece on the board against two really good players. OM NOM NOM!
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:12:54 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #3 Posted: September 23, 2017, 09:07:29 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

If anyone is interested, here are the games in order:
https://lichess.org/study/dTnvZg7q
Game 5 was absolutely terrible.

Reply #4 Posted: September 23, 2017, 11:40:42 pm