Topic: The Walking Dead

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/

This looks pretty good from what I have seen so far, that is a few reviews and an annoying trailer filmed with a handy cam (below). I love Zombie movies, but they end too quick sometimes. I love the idea of the Zombie series following a guy in his quest to find what happened. They can obviously add a new dimension to this as there is more time to build a plot, characters etc And reviews are pointing to alot of gore! (as in blood, not gay gore with the big trout)
Frank Darabont is at the helm (Shawshank, green mile) so it should be a pretty solid story and well thought out.

The first series airs in the US later this year, not sure if good old NZ will get it though. Series 2 is already in the pipeline.

Gigady.

Posted: August 05, 2010, 01:52:08 pm

Offline Shpongle

• I Posted!
  • Shpongle has no influence.
sweet they are making a series? that is pure awesome, i loved the comics :)

Reply #1 Posted: August 08, 2010, 07:19:59 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I have the tpb waiting to be read, it's the size of a phone book. I don't see how this series can fail tbh, considering the network and original nature of the entire thing. It's not like the market is awash with zombie tv shows.

Reply #2 Posted: August 13, 2010, 04:09:48 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline HunHunter

• Just settled in
  • HunHunter has no influence.
Watched the preair and loved it cant wait for the rest in HD :D

Reply #3 Posted: October 27, 2010, 07:29:56 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
yeah, I completely forgot to post about this!
I got it on Friday and watched it, freaking loved it!
Its going be a good series, although I can imagine that every episode might be similar, as in he helps or finds new people, solves a conflict always gets into a situation where he is out numbered, then gets away. Hopefully there is more to it than that.

Reply #4 Posted: October 28, 2010, 12:53:26 pm

Offline HunHunter

• Just settled in
having read the 78 issues of the comics, theres ALOT more they can do

Reply #5 Posted: October 29, 2010, 11:19:01 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
READ THE COMICS NOW

Reply #6 Posted: October 29, 2010, 11:47:54 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
New episode is now available, downloading now :) Epi one was great. Impressed with acting, actors, sets, humour, and direction. Excellent looking zombies, cannot wait until first flaming zombie!

Reply #7 Posted: November 09, 2010, 12:42:06 am

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
getting ep 1 now, hope its as good as you guys say

Reply #8 Posted: November 09, 2010, 01:18:09 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Poor horsey :(

First episode was great, much potential. Never read the comics so its all new to me.

2nd ep is out? Woot!

Reply #9 Posted: November 09, 2010, 01:31:27 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
just watched it tonight and definatly enjoyed it...makes me think a lot about fallout3. Might have to reload up the old file and go shooting

Reply #10 Posted: November 09, 2010, 04:11:49 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Shows looking good so far, about time there was something decent out to watch.

Reply #11 Posted: November 09, 2010, 10:53:38 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Hooked ep2 last night. I am loving this show! pure awesome.
Couple of things, how long do you think he was out for in the hospital? I would have said 1 week after the breakout cos you couldn't really live without water for that long.
Also
Spoiler :
was the wife having an affair prior to him getting shot, or did she hook up after?My pick she was already having the affair.

Reply #12 Posted: November 10, 2010, 03:18:27 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Spoiler :
Surely she was before. Hell, you wouldn't start that shit a week after your husband was *supposedly* zombified.

And seriously, how do you die when you have a tank? How do the army strongpoints get wiped out? Surely if you surround a point with .50 cal machine guns nothing can get through? Why was there not piles of dead zombies surrounding the army bunkers?

Didn't like ep2 tbh. All those other survivors are just annoying dickheads.

Reply #13 Posted: November 15, 2010, 07:21:00 pm

Offline Blob_ZPS

• Devoted Member
  • Blob_ZPS has no influence.
Seems like a ripoff from part of the plot of 28 days later? Still looks awesome though.

Reply #14 Posted: November 15, 2010, 11:08:52 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Quote from: BerG;1331872
Spoiler :
Surely she was before. Hell, you wouldn't start that shit a week after your husband was *supposedly* zombified.

And seriously, how do you die when you have a tank? How do the army strongpoints get wiped out? Surely if you surround a point with .50 cal machine guns nothing can get through? Why was there not piles of dead zombies surrounding the army bunkers?

Didn't like ep2 tbh. All those other survivors are just annoying dickheads.

Spoiler :
Don't know if books are your thing or not BerG, but you maybe interested in WWZ (if you haven't already heard of it). It runs through how moderm military doctorate isn't compatable with a zombie hord and how tanks are probably the most inneffective weapon. I believe they are making it into a movie.
However, I agree, at least have a crack at starting that bad boy up and playing squooshy squooshy.

Reply #15 Posted: November 16, 2010, 07:51:39 am

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
if you had unlimited bullets couldnt you just slowly kill every zombie in the whole city one by one? wouldnt that be worth trying?

Reply #16 Posted: November 17, 2010, 03:07:34 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
I think so, i think the hard bit is the fact that they have to be head shots to neutralise them.
WWZ talks about how for a grunt that is trained to shoot at centre mass for his whole career, switching to the head is actually quite hard.
If you have a slow stream coming at you it would be easy, but you get a horde of a couple million like in a city like atlanta then you would start to touch cloth.

Ep 3
Spoiler :
I am assuming that hand cuffs are made of something that is harder to cut than with a hacksaw? And I honestly thought that it would take him longer to find his family?

Reply #17 Posted: November 17, 2010, 04:52:08 pm

Offline HunHunter

• Just settled in
seeing theres only 6 eps this season they do need to move on with some pace to keep people interested.

I'm really liking it so far.

Reply #18 Posted: November 17, 2010, 07:39:35 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Ep3 is cool!

Spoiler :
Yes I would say you could easily cut through handcuffs with the hack saw. If not, definitely the bar he was cuffed to.

I am telling myself that he was so delusional that all he could think about was the Saw movies.

Reply #19 Posted: November 17, 2010, 09:27:52 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
Wife liked episode 3, usually a good indicator of whether I would like it or not. Too much "days of our lives with zombies" for me. Zombies are all about guns, beheadings, headshots, rippin ppl to bits, and whenever possible the almighty ON FIRE ZOMBIE! (fuck yeah!)

I was watching the timer click down as this episode ticked along.
Okay noisy ass kid inna car with car alarm leading zombie horde to campsite...Nope
Okay nighttime...good time for a zombie horde to attack....Nope.
Okay people trying to catch frogs in murky pond...Good time for amphibious zombie attack....nope.

Less talk more mayhem! Zombies need less plot and character development, they eat brains.

Reply #20 Posted: November 18, 2010, 03:50:46 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Go watch Resident Evil.

Reply #21 Posted: November 18, 2010, 06:09:37 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Ep 4 is up.

Reply #22 Posted: November 23, 2010, 05:50:42 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
I tried watching the new resident evil 5 or so times over the last few days as advised. It was evil, way too much yapping as Mila Wotzavich trying to philosophize. She would do better to remain silent. Ep 4 was better, I feel mostly satisfied with the zombie nightraid, a bit of death a bit of biting, and a bit of headbatting going on.

Reply #23 Posted: November 23, 2010, 06:39:05 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Watched the first 2 eps last night.I'm impressed so far.Recommend.

Reply #24 Posted: November 23, 2010, 08:09:20 pm