Topic: The Walking Dead

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Anyone know where I can download the theme song?

Reply #25 Posted: November 24, 2010, 12:51:07 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
This was an Image comic? They've come a long way from Gen13...

Reply #26 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:08:31 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Ep 5
Spoiler :
Interesting twist with the CBD. Although I though there would be more survivers around the place. I mean if a bunch of gang bangers can survive......
stink that there is only 1 ep left till next season :(

Reply #27 Posted: December 01, 2010, 08:17:19 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
The acting.

Oh god, the acting.

I get the feeling they are trying to really drive home the emotional distress of being in a zombie apocalypse by way of having painfully long emotional scenes. It's becoming really off-putting.

I think I have been treated to some really good zombie flicks and it has pushed my benchmark up quite far so it feels like this series falls quite short.

Reply #28 Posted: December 01, 2010, 09:37:34 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Just have to remember it's network television.

Reply #29 Posted: December 01, 2010, 09:50:25 am

lol @ console hate

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
I think it's not a bad thing that the survivors aren't being over run by zombies for the majority of the episodes.Would become boring quickly IMO.You need to build decent characters to flesh out a show like this. I don't find the acting that bad either.I'm not expecting the sopranos .Just taking it in for what it is.

Reply #30 Posted: December 01, 2010, 05:48:23 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
When do we get season 2?

Reply #31 Posted: December 07, 2010, 08:26:34 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Don't think its been announced yet

Reply #32 Posted: December 08, 2010, 08:39:37 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Spoiler :
Your at a facility, there are M-4 and assault rifles everywhere out the front, the facility blows up, the guns/ammo are still there on the ground out side, there aren't too many zombies at that point. why dont you load the rv up with those guns and ammo? apart from that, I say bring on series 2.
Also, who will be the next to be bitten?, my guess was token black guy or token white trash extra (not before they come across other white trash guy (Merle) first though

Reply #33 Posted: December 09, 2010, 08:34:11 am

Offline nzkiwiwhiteboy

• Just settled in
  • nzkiwiwhiteboy has no influence.
According to sources the new season wont be around untill october 31 2011.

Reply #34 Posted: December 10, 2010, 02:07:19 am
Death by tray it shall be.

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
I couldnt get enough of this show,but only 6 episodes and nearly a year long wait for new ones?
So I had to get the comics and managed to finish them all in two days. Afterwards my eyes hurt like I had just smoked an ounce of Te Puke Thunder ("I JUST GROW IT TO PAY THE MORTGAGE")
I hope they dont stray too far from the comics, it is pretty brutal

Reply #35 Posted: January 05, 2011, 03:12:30 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I thought it was great. Really enjoyed it.

As for the handcuff debacle, if they where made from Marine grade stainless steel then that hacksaw would have to be a new blade, and a really good one otherwise you will break the blade before you managed to get through.  

Reply #36 Posted: January 10, 2011, 06:50:30 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

So why not hack through the pipe.

Reply #37 Posted: January 10, 2011, 07:13:42 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: BerG;1348636
So why not hack through the pipe.

It looked like it was about 150-200mm in diameter. Knowing the cooling tower systems that go on a roof of a commercial building (seeing as its what i do every day) then it would have been steel and impossible to hack through.

In saying that, the 10mm rusted steel thread that he was handcuff'd to that holds the brackets in place would have been a sinch and taken seconds to dice though with a hacksaw.

In any case, cutting his hand off was totally unnecessary.

Reply #38 Posted: January 10, 2011, 07:17:55 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Did he make it off the roof?

Reply #39 Posted: January 10, 2011, 07:20:57 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
yes haven't seen him since though.

Reply #40 Posted: January 10, 2011, 07:25:24 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Kairuri had a good idea that he got off and somehow got zombies into a van and then took them to the quarry and let them loose, hence the reason for the attack in the abandoned quarry.

Reply #41 Posted: January 10, 2011, 09:43:16 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: swindle;1348640

In saying that, the 10mm rusted steel thread that he was handcuff'd to

Yes, obviously I was talking about the small pipe he was handcuffed to.

Not the massive pipe he wasn't handcuffed to.

Reply #42 Posted: January 11, 2011, 04:54:35 am

Offline swindle

Well a threaded steel rod is not a pipe.

A pipe by definition is a hollow cylinder. How was i supposed to know?

Reply #43 Posted: January 16, 2011, 10:48:28 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Just catching up on a few threads - sorry guys!

Quote from: frankytanky;1330207
Spoiler :
was the wife having an affair prior to him getting shot, or did she hook up after?My pick she was already having the affair.

Quote from: BerG;1331872
Spoiler :
Surely she was before. Hell, you wouldn't start that $#@! a week after your husband was *supposedly* zombified.

Spoiler :
It seemed pretty clear to me that the affair started afterwards - some time after Shane told Lori that Rick had died in hospital (I think this is explained in like Ep4). The question for me is this: how long was he in a coma in hospital for? It seems to me that - in the normal, expected sequence of events - Rick would either be in a coma that was short enough he didn't become fatally dehydrated and atrophied, but which wasn't long enough for Lori to move on to his mate (who also lost his missus), or he'd be in a coma for long enough that Lori and Shane were able to move on with each other, but which left Rick too dehydrated and atrophied to move. Does that make sense to anyone?

Reply #44 Posted: February 21, 2011, 01:49:14 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted

Reply #45 Posted: July 24, 2011, 08:52:49 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Good Season 2 trailer- looking forward to this.

Reply #46 Posted: July 24, 2011, 10:39:05 am

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Episode 1 of season 2 is out !

Reply #47 Posted: October 17, 2011, 07:30:28 pm

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
Woop Woop!!!!

Reply #48 Posted: October 17, 2011, 07:32:24 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Good man.

Reply #49 Posted: October 17, 2011, 07:44:20 pm