Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Growler;1527574
Fuck me, what a battle to get what I pay my insurance for. Will be a house warming for sure.

haha will come down for that one for sure :P

Reply #2450 Posted: June 21, 2013, 07:34:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Sold!

Reply #2451 Posted: June 21, 2013, 08:39:10 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Peanut bacon jelly time!

Reply #2452 Posted: June 21, 2013, 10:06:01 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Update!

nothing to report.... still waiting for 'something' to happen. The promises of being pushed into the queue earlier and all other bullshit they spout is just that, bullshit. Not 1 thing they said they would try to do has happened.

Bunch of useless fucking cunts.

Reply #2453 Posted: September 18, 2013, 04:05:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Independant QS report happening in 3 weeks then pushing on a cash settlement.

Plans drawn up for new house and foundations costed.....  $145k >.<

Trying my best to be in a new house for next winter, plan is to cash settle and rebuild and be mortgage free, fingers crossed numbers all work out.

Reply #2454 Posted: October 13, 2013, 09:21:08 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Grats on the good news bro ! House we did last week, lady got 10k for 3 cracks in the window framing .........

Reply #2455 Posted: October 13, 2013, 09:54:21 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Depending on the interior finish, amount of site works (if its flat vs. steep) and plans + consent, cost to rebuild is around $2500 per square meter.

New builds are a lot easier to cost than renovation/repair work as there are far too many unknowns with reno/repair. GL.

Reply #2456 Posted: October 13, 2013, 10:38:03 am

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Also what is worse is a lot of the houses around the east are so run down, renovation work commences and half the house looks mint, rest of the house is horrible. Or 3 of 5 rooms are done via EQC / fletchers. Hard to feel good about the quality of the finished job when you just want to fix the rest also. But I do have to say, it is going to be a really cool summer for me, driving round, quoting jobs, getting my paint on !

Reply #2457 Posted: October 13, 2013, 10:54:14 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1533126
Independant QS report happening in 3 weeks then pushing on a cash settlement.

Plans drawn up for new house and foundations costed.....  $145k >.<

Trying my best to be in a new house for next winter, plan is to cash settle and rebuild and be mortgage free, fingers crossed numbers all work out.

Contact Kevin McCloud and say you're going to be building a house shaped like a giant black dick!

Reply #2458 Posted: October 13, 2013, 02:51:05 pm

Offline Growler

Quote from: mycoolcar;1533129
cost to rebuild is around $2500 per square meter.

wow thats really expensive, down here you can get a vere very nice finished house, tiled, undelfoor heating, schist fireplaces, granite benches etc for under $1600sqm. (3604 foundations)

Reply #2459 Posted: October 13, 2013, 05:52:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1533136
Contact Kevin McCloud and say you're going to be building a house shaped like a giant black dick!

Kevin McCloud is my hero. I wish he could walk around behind me narrating my life.

Quote from: Kevin McCloud
Every decently-made object, from a house shaped like a giant black dick to a lamp post to a bridge, spoon or egg cup, is not just a piece of 'stuff' but a physical embodiment of human energy, testimony to the magical ability of our species to take raw materials and turn them into things of use, value and beauty.

Reply #2460 Posted: October 14, 2013, 01:33:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I don't believe that was said by Kevin. I know because that sentence hasn't got 'bespoke' repeated at least 13,000 times and it has neglected to use the word 'vast' or 'incredible'.

Also, Kevin is a silver fox.

Reply #2461 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:26:43 pm

Offline Growler

Rii is this yours?

Reply #2462 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:31:13 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7989[/ATTACH]

The Fox is not amused at the Insult you have just levied against him

He also says Tchoff-Tchoff

Reply #2463 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:32:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Yes!

I had it re-painted though. Locals were complaining it was too rude.

It's now called "The Felchin' Belcher".

Reply #2464 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:33:44 pm

Offline Growler

Holy shit.....

Reply #2465 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:34:10 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1533177
Holy shit.....

Ooooooo that is going to Sting.....

Reply #2466 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:36:51 pm

Offline Growler

Lucky that Range Rover was there to slow him down huh!

Reply #2467 Posted: October 14, 2013, 03:55:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1533180
Lucky that Range Rover was there to slow him down huh!

I was thinking more that lucky the Second car was there to catch him....

Reply #2468 Posted: October 14, 2013, 04:05:19 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Growler;1533138
wow thats really expensive, down here you can get a vere very nice finished house, tiled, undelfoor heating, schist fireplaces, granite benches etc for under $1600sqm. (3604 foundations)

Bizarre. I don't understand why the cost would be so different between AKL and CHC. Cost of materials is going to be similar, so it really just leaves labour. Is that building with a group builder or a smaller owner operator builder?

Reply #2469 Posted: October 14, 2013, 09:00:24 pm

Offline Growler

Pretty similar with both, maybe $50/sqm cheaper with smaller builder.

Group builder, 225sqm, gable & plaster, 2.7m stud, full LED lighting, 2.4m high doors throughout, double insulation, broken windows, solar power panels, bamboo flooring, high spec kitchen etc. $354,000. Includes 3604 foundations.

Reply #2470 Posted: October 15, 2013, 08:12:27 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

So 3 years on from Feb, 41 months since Sept.

Where are people at?

I'm still waiting, though getting very very close to cash settlement offers. Has taken way to fucking long.

Reply #2471 Posted: February 21, 2014, 01:04:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
3 years..
shit where did that go

I cant believe you are still waiting 3 years out, that's over 1000 days of people just screwing around and wasting time

Reply #2472 Posted: February 21, 2014, 01:11:06 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Growler

yep, the side NZ public don't see. I have still yet to get anywhere, once I get cash settled I have to go through design, consent, demolish & rebuild.

So in all honesty about 18 months from now, or 5 years after the 1st EQ I should be moving into a non fucked house. That's best case scenario, Im picking more like 24+ months.

Reply #2473 Posted: February 21, 2014, 01:41:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Lol realized the other day that there's no fucking claim for my driveway even though part of it has sunk -___- going to be fun trying to get that through

Reply #2474 Posted: February 21, 2014, 03:25:28 pm