Topic: Gold & RM Auction House to be shutdown.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

Quote from: Blizzard
When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.
We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.
We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.
Josh Mosqueira and I wanted to provide everyone with a little more information behind this decision, so please have a look at the video, and stay tuned to this site for further updates in the months ahead.

HOOO SHIT! This is awesome news! Still a bit aways though. Is this the sign of things to come with new game director Josh Mosqueira? This gives me a massive boner for what the expansion could contain!

Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:58:30 am by Retardobot

Posted: September 18, 2013, 07:53:53 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Cool. Glad to see the RM Auction House go.

However I thought the Gold Auction House was useful, good if I needed gems or other items for crafting.

But looking forward to the expansion.

Reply #1 Posted: September 18, 2013, 08:21:11 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I admit, I was giddy when I first heard of the AH when I was waiting for D3 to release.

It wasn't working in its current iteration. There needed to be some sort of limit, perhaps only allowing players to auction a max of 3 items per day (buy or sell).

Reply #2 Posted: September 18, 2013, 09:00:06 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I would still need the always online requirement to be removed to get back to it. The lag I was getting when I stopped playing was most of the reason why I stopped playing.

Reply #3 Posted: September 18, 2013, 10:50:39 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1531777
The lag I was getting when I stopped playing was most of the reason why I stopped playing.

You got lag after you had stopped playing?

Reply #4 Posted: September 18, 2013, 10:57:37 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1531779
You got lag after you had stopped playing?

Yes. It was so bad, that I stopped playing before I finished playing.

Reply #5 Posted: September 18, 2013, 11:09:37 am

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
Glad to hear and about time! Maybe this expansion will be the greatest thing ever?

Reply #6 Posted: September 18, 2013, 11:36:30 am
iM

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I also like this news, if the expansion is any good I may buy it now.

Reply #7 Posted: September 18, 2013, 03:40:12 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
pfffff game sucked, is an expansion going to save it? Dont get your hopes up!

Reply #8 Posted: September 18, 2013, 05:23:46 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
yea thats what I think, the expansion is going to have to be pretty good for me to buy it, and more than just one new act or something, it would need to add the fun back.

Reply #9 Posted: September 18, 2013, 09:19:15 pm

People say they didn't like the story, but I did. I'll probably get it for that reason alone.

Reply #10 Posted: September 19, 2013, 08:07:33 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
I liked the story too, I bought the book, which added more depth to the game storyline. It was the game that i got bored with.

Reply #11 Posted: September 19, 2013, 08:31:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1531853
People say they didn't like the story, but I did. I'll probably get it for that reason alone.

There were aspects of the story that I really didn't like. I felt at times it was too Hollywood and predictable.

All I can say is that I fucking hope Deckard Cain comes back as Deckard the White.

Reply #12 Posted: September 19, 2013, 09:35:15 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1531881
There were aspects of the story that I really didn't like. I felt at times it was too Hollywood and predictable.

"YOU WILL NEVER STOP MY EVIL PLANS. Now here's where you go and what to do to stop my evil plans... "

Reply #13 Posted: September 26, 2013, 12:00:12 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
People still play this?

Reply #14 Posted: September 27, 2013, 12:14:12 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I'll be playing the expansion.

Because money exists to be thrown at Blizzard.

Reply #15 Posted: September 27, 2013, 12:25:55 pm