Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
The grunga.

Reply #2450 Posted: April 24, 2014, 08:43:18 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #2451 Posted: April 24, 2014, 08:50:12 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Need the same shot but with no cloud. Was that near Warkworth and the Honey Center?

Reply #2452 Posted: April 24, 2014, 10:07:07 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Need the same shot but with no cloud. Was that near Warkworth and the Honey Center?

yeah sure was mate

and i think the cloud adds to it personally

Reply #2453 Posted: April 24, 2014, 10:11:14 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Don't mind that bit, ads some personality along the horizon. I'd love to see one of your images blown up big somewhere.

This is 100% crop on my mate the mantis

Reply #2454 Posted: April 28, 2014, 09:55:09 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #2455 Posted: April 29, 2014, 07:40:45 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
A pleasant scene MCC!

A small seahorse found on Ohope Beach, brought to me for framing. Too good to pass up for a play! :)

Reply #2456 Posted: April 30, 2014, 06:50:58 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I really like the scanned one you put on flickr. The colours look really bright and awesome. It almost looks like it's made of glass.

Reply #2457 Posted: April 30, 2014, 08:22:14 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
Ha thanks MCC, yes the scanner is fun to use for semi transparent things like this. :)

Reply #2458 Posted: May 02, 2014, 12:54:36 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted

Reply #2459 Posted: May 05, 2014, 05:25:35 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I went back to Waipu Caves.
Waipu Caves, New Zealand by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2460 Posted: May 10, 2014, 08:38:31 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Awesome butterfly bRb
Love the caves MCC might have to go look see

one from last night
C H A S I N G | L I G H T by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2461 Posted: May 11, 2014, 11:35:42 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
Both ripper photos guys!

Reply #2462 Posted: May 12, 2014, 06:22:25 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Love the caves MCC might have to go look see

If you go be sure to wear shoes that you can walk through water in. There are glow worms inside which you would probably be able to pickup, I tried but ISO couldn't really push high enough even with long exposure.

Lots of stalactites and stalagmites.

Reply #2463 Posted: May 12, 2014, 07:11:39 pm

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/839/ks0y.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Lining up for the first take off of the day......not the most riveting of subjects but there is always something special about the early morning sky.

Reply #2464 Posted: May 12, 2014, 07:25:40 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
That's a nice shot, the white fog gives it a sense of speed and movement.

A focus stack daisy (seems like Flickr is allowing bb code again)

Daisy drops by Jos Van De Laar, on Flickr

Reply #2465 Posted: May 14, 2014, 05:42:31 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
Had another blend play

A blend of a few recent photos by Jos Van De Laar, on Flickr

The recipe...

Take one horse on a beach from Waiheke,  Whale Island from Ohope Beach, the edge of a toadstool macro and sprinkler water droplets sideways, a bit of grunge and a good stir. Apply some overlay and a bit of blend, gently tweak till ready. Wait to cool, post on net!
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:56:16 pm by bigROBOTbill

Reply #2466 Posted: May 14, 2014, 05:51:00 pm

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.

Reply #2467 Posted: May 18, 2014, 08:02:03 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
Very happy chappy, looks quite pleased with itself!

I found teeny tiny shells along the high tide line along Ohope Beach...

Tiny shells from Ohope Beach by Jos Van De Laar, on Flickr

Reply #2468 Posted: May 19, 2014, 07:54:26 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Re-edit from the past.

Grand Tetons Panorama by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2469 Posted: May 19, 2014, 08:11:59 pm

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
probably been asked but what gear and lens ya using BRB?

Reply #2470 Posted: May 19, 2014, 09:47:57 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
I've picked Kenko extension tube set for Nikon on trademe for $120, so i'll be able to take photos of a flies nose hairs now

Reply #2471 Posted: May 20, 2014, 08:55:34 am

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
probably been asked but what gear and lens ya using BRB?

Mostly with a 'nifty fifty' the cheap Canon 50mm 1:8 (about $150 brand new) and a reversing ring. It screws into the filter screw on the lens and allows you to mount the lens backwards. This allows you to focus real close, adding extension tubes gets you even closer. Depth of field is zero, it pays to cheat the f stop on the lens to get a bit more. You set camera to manual, select say f8, then while holding in the exposure preview button, remove the lens. It will stay at f8 for reversing.
You can hand hold, best with some fill flash, but tripod is really the way to go. Using Live View you can nail the focus. I have a small focusing stage that fits between camera and tripod, it allows me to gently move the camera to and fro for taking a series of shots at different focus points for stacking together in Photoshop to get a sharp blend of all of them.
End of rant! :)

Here's my camera on the focus rail with the lens reversed with extension rings, a remote trigger for my flash  and my remote shutter release.

This is a simple flash reflector to throw light down close to the front of the lens

Reply #2472 Posted: May 20, 2014, 06:33:57 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Epic bRb
Love the re edit Mcc
Was that at the zoo Dem ?

one from today

R O C K Y  |  S T A R T by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2473 Posted: May 25, 2014, 10:12:29 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
deliciously moody Lindsay!

Reply #2474 Posted: May 25, 2014, 10:32:41 pm