Topic: hmmm...rules dont apply to admins ?

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
  • Craig Zwies has no influence.
we build a base on a mountain....a tiny 3x3 that blocked ONE metal spawn...there are loads more.

the admins have built a base on a pinnacle that spawns 9 nodes and now spawns none and we get our building taken from us.

wtf is up with that ?

Posted: October 26, 2015, 02:47:32 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Don't take my word for granted as I am not a mod or admin nor do I have much to do with the game. However there was a recent post about another base the was built on a mountain that got deleted ingame by mods. Reason being it is against the rules to build on mountains.

Edit
You might want to check out the server rules page: http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=89054.0

ARK RULES
Resource Re-spawning
To allow for resource re-spawning, you are not allowed to build on the top of mountains, or around any heavily resourced areas. This stops re-spawning of necessary items to get through the game.
If we find a building on a mountain, expect it to be removed with no notice. Regardless of whats inside.
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:16:42 pm by Pigdog

Reply #1 Posted: October 26, 2015, 03:11:24 pm

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
you miss the main point....do the rules not apply to the admins ?

Reply #2 Posted: October 26, 2015, 03:16:11 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
You might want to take that up with gutty whenever he is online.

Reply #3 Posted: October 26, 2015, 03:18:22 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
HAVE YOU READ THE SIGN ON THE DOOR OF THAT BASE????

If this is not that base you are talking about then I would love to know where you are talking. Because none of our admins have bases on mountains, apart from this one that I have taken over.

As noted in this pic, bedrockers need to get in touch with me, so they can get their items back, as they have lots of goods.
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:17:56 pm by Gutty

Reply #4 Posted: October 26, 2015, 06:13:07 pm

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
Yes this is our base and we have read the sign....as I have stated...the base in question stops ONE metal node from spawning....I was very carefull about that as I built. and I have seen other people on the mountain happily farming and I have not been aggressive to them.

there is a pinnacle of stone near our main base that usualuy has NINE nodes of metal on it. there is a base on it currently with your tribe name on it that stops all of it spawning....we didn't have a lot of choice as to were to get our metal.

so from my view I have stopped one node you have stopped nine and you take our building. do you think that is a fair way to do things ?

Reply #5 Posted: October 27, 2015, 12:34:55 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
To begin with, most of the regulars know not to build on mountains where there are resource spawns.
It doesn't matter if your base is next to one node or no nodes, no mountain top bases. Before you know it, you could have turrets killing people that are going there for metal. I'm not saying you will, but who knows whats going to happen when a war breaks out.

As for your base I have taken over, you are very lucky that I decided to leave it there and not demolish it, because that's what I would of done.

Other people have complained when others build on mountains, they cannot harvest from them. So the rule was bought in to stop all building on mountaintops. I also know that some people have build a little bit down from the tops, I have checked most areas and it looks okay from my experience since starting the game, when it was released.

I would love to know where this base with our name on it is. Because from what my tribe mates tell me, we don't have a base on a mountaintop.
Myself and the other admins will have to double check with a fly around to make sure everything else is clear.

Can you please give me coordinates for the location of this base.

Reply #6 Posted: October 27, 2015, 01:08:39 am

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
It  is at 44,66

Reply #7 Posted: October 27, 2015, 09:10:33 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
right, so I have checked out where this base is that you are talking about.
I will tell you right now that it is not a problem and is not even on a mountain top. I might destroy it, but I might not. See how I feel..

You have really wasted my time in finding out about this base. It is not in an AGAINST THE RULES spot.

The question now is, do I let you get your shit back or not......

Reply #8 Posted: October 27, 2015, 10:25:44 pm

Offline QUPHOZ

• Addicted
  • QUPHOZ has no influence.
haha - popcorn time

Reply #9 Posted: October 28, 2015, 01:47:45 am
R.I.P Dirty Heathan

Affliction For life

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Who got into guttys config file and turned sass mode on?

Reply #10 Posted: October 28, 2015, 01:55:23 am

Offline Dumpy

• Dumpy has no influence.
right, so I have checked out where this base is that you are talking about.
I will tell you right now that it is not a problem and is not even on a mountain top. I might destroy it, but I might not. See how I feel..

You have really wasted my time in finding out about this base. It is not in an AGAINST THE RULES spot.

The question now is, do I let you get your shit back or not...... NOP!!

Reply #11 Posted: October 28, 2015, 07:06:43 am

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
was going to type a bunch about the rules being for messing with resources and being an ass with auto turrets but my guess is that its all kinda pointless.

have a nice day

Reply #12 Posted: October 29, 2015, 10:38:20 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Feel free to make a suggestion

Reply #13 Posted: October 29, 2015, 12:00:03 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Don't take my word for granted as I am not a mod or admin
Don't take my word for granted as I am not a mod
Don't take my word for granted as I am
Don't take my word for granted
my word for granted
granted

Reply #14 Posted: October 29, 2015, 02:43:47 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
good effort rii

Reply #15 Posted: October 29, 2015, 03:53:48 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Top notch sleuthing.

Reply #16 Posted: October 29, 2015, 03:56:03 pm

Offline Dumpy

• Dumpy has no influence.
was going to type a bunch about the rules being for messing with resources and being an ass with auto turrets but my guess is that its all kinda pointless.

have a nice day
Lots of other ark servers out there.  But be warned most are not moderated as well as GetSome is and they are just murder death kill with a few hackers thrown in for good measure.  Maybe you give one of  them a try, then you might have something interesting to wine about.   
Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:23:26 pm by Dumpy

Reply #17 Posted: October 29, 2015, 04:19:27 pm

Offline Craig Zwies

• I Posted!
"something interesting to wine about"

I had thought the no mountain rule was all good and intended to stop people monopolizing resources. I like that.

I very carefully build on the mountain. yes I probably shouldn't have. but I do only stop ONE metal node from spawning.

the placement of my main base is very close to a non mountain pinnacle spawn of NINE nodes of metal.

I choose this location as it wasn't taken and I knew there would be metal nearby. I finally get a flyer to go look at the metal and there is a base built on top of it all so zero respawn.

I originaly had no intention of going anywhere near any mountains. I did as the pinnacle had no metal due to other base and I wanted less travel time for farming metal.

I have now demolished the base on the pinnacle and everything respwns nicly.

And thanks for not giving my stuff back. I have blown out the door and re acquired stuff :)....you may demo that base as you see fit.

Reply #18 Posted: October 31, 2015, 06:16:56 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
How do I give you your stuff back when you don't alert me when you are on the server.

Reply #19 Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:51:23 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
One V One fight to the death plz.

Reply #20 Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:54:03 pm